Old 05-24-2014, 02:37 AM

Courses Played: 57
Awesome course. Shocking how much elevation is out there. Can't wait to play it again.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:29 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 315
Throwing Style: RHBH
If you haven't played the course yet check it out. It's awesome! Here is a link to the Gold Layout. Like this video and leave a comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03wx...ature=youtu.be
Old 07-07-2014, 12:22 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 51
Course guide for Squaw Creek Gold is live and downloadable. Get yours before the tourney in August or if you are coming out to play any time. There's a mobile and high res version for your enjoyment!

http://mindbodydisc.com/squaw-creek-gold-course-guide/
Old 07-07-2014, 01:33 AM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.3
Courses Played: 572
Thank you so much for doing that with all of the hole reference details.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:52 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
Thank you so much for doing that with all of the hole reference details.
Had a blast making it, glad you like it! It's a really great course and it deserved something a little extra!
Old 07-16-2014, 08:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.2
Courses Played: 366
Throwing Style: LHBH
I got the chance to play it for the first time today....both Gold and then White with just a Roc. I am floored by how polished the course is as a brand new course! Lots of really great/memorable holes on both layouts. Amazing design Chuck with the way you created 2 overlapping courses that both perfectly/appropriately highlight (to the DG wasteland that the area has been) what real disc golf and shot shaping is all about! Finally there is a great course within 30-40 minutes of me rather than 60-80 minutes.

One question: Why is the long layout called Gold? I fancy myself as a prototypical Blue player (950-970 historically....although my consistency due to not playing much any more probably has me playing in the 920 range). I think the longs suited me just fine...and I am not a long-throwing player. Typically Gold courses are above my skill to have a chance to score well on. IMO, the long layout is a perfect Blue course.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:19 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.3
Courses Played: 572
Maybe we'll see once we can analyze the scorecards from the Soiree. When you have technical gold holes, the difference in length from blue isn't as much as in the open. But the accuracy with power of gold players is better. I think holes 3 and 5 are on the shortish side of gold but I think only a gold, aspiring gold or gold plus player will be getting the deuce there.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.2
Courses Played: 366
Throwing Style: LHBH
Some of the open holes are great distances for Gold and others are well suited for a good scoring spread for Blue. Today was calm, but in winds the open holes will be more challenging. You have the open holes going in every direction.....so that is a great test of wind skills when there is wind. I like!

I was thinking more of the wooded holes. Maybe I am somewhat influenced by growing up on Stan McDaniel wooded courses....which many think are too tight on the length:width ratio....but I thought (on playing one time through) that the par-4's in the woods were very generous in width (and gaps) given that the holes seemed to reward accurately shaped/placed 260-300' throws. They were a perfect and fun challenge for me as they are right at the midrange/driver threshold....I love them!! But even Blue players with bigger arms ought to be able to navigate them with relative ease with as much challenge/punishment as I believe is appropriate (to get a good scoring spread).

Please do not take this as criticism......it is the opposite: when I read Gold, I anticipate not having a really fun time due to having a challenge that is not attainable by me (and a lot of NAGS). If this was called Pink, I would still love it as it is a perfect challenge for me.