Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > Disc Golf Courses

Old 04-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Marketplace Guru

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 244
Throwing Style: RHBH
Thumbs up Courses you played when you were relatively new that you want to go back and play!!

I've been playing for five years now and when I first started my wife and I went on a road trip for our anniversary to philadelphia/NYC and niagara falls (from grand rapids, mi) and we played three courses during this trip: Sedgley Woods, Cranbury, and white spruce. I know that Cranbury is a "top-tier" course and that white spruce was a blast to play (and my only canada course) but what courses have you played a while back that you would love to play again? Just to see if they compare!?!?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2015, 03:34 PM
Team Borderland

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 77
For me it was always Walnut Creek in Charlottsville, VA. I played there once before I moved to NH, which is where I really started to play seriously. I finally got back there last year. It wasn't quite as good as I remembered, but still up there.

The other would be Blendon Woods in Ohio. I played there quite a bit when I was in the area for college. But I was still very green. I remember it being a fun, challenge. But at just 3700 feet, it'll probably have a very different feel if I ever get back to play it again.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.9
Courses Played: 178
I wasn't new when I played these courses but I was still in transitioning phases from my chucker days and was just a rec level player...

Would love to take another stab at Walnut Ridge in Des Moines, Whippin Post and Woodshed, and the Pittsburgh trio of Deer Lakes/Moraine/Knob Hill. I have a feeling I would appreciate those courses a lot more now.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 30
Most of my old stomping ground in MN and WI from before I moved south and got a lot better at disc golf. Tower Ridge, Kaposia, BRP, Highbridge.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:42 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 29
Circle C in Austin
Old 04-02-2015, 04:24 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 21
Robbins park just north of charlotte. That's gonna be a nice course when the landscaping is finished and everything is in place.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 79
Golden Hills, New Quarter, and Pratt Park in VA.

Wickham Park in CT.

And Admiral Farragut in TN, the first course I ever played, years before I owned anything other than a Whamo Frisbee.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 207
Have to go back to Charlotte. During my first year, I played the two in Elon Park (Eager & Angry Beaver), Squirrel Lake and The Scrapyard. Love to see those (and the rest of the town) again!
Old 04-02-2015, 04:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.9
Courses Played: 92
The 1st courses with baskets that I played were West Park, Shorewood and New Lenox starting in 1979. But, I have played those courses extensively over the years. I guess if I had to pick a course to revist now it would prob be Huson Mills or Rolling Hills. I haven't played either of them since 1999.

I usually prefer to play new courses when I travel now. Dellwood (Canyons) I'm coming for you!

Last edited by thrembo; 04-02-2015 at 04:56 PM.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.9
Courses Played: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrembo View Post
The 1st courses with baskets that I played were West Park, Shorewood and New Lenox starting in 1979. But, I have played those courses extensively over the years. I guess if I had to pick a course to revist now it would prob be Huson Mills or Rolling Hills. I haven't played either of them since 1999.

I usually prefer to play new courses when I travel now. Dellwood (Canyons) I'm coming for you!
Dellwood has some fun shots. Be prepared for a lot of walking that will make you question the layout. I believe they had some restrictions they had to work with.