Old 02-19-2017, 10:45 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 23
Default Best courses close to Kennebunk, ME

Taking a family vacation to Kennebunk, ME this summer. What are best courses that are close? Willing to travel a little but not a long distance. Course does not have to be Maine. And I will be playing with 2 guys that have played before but have not played in a long time(but I really don't care about that they can manage).
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2017, 08:18 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 179
Throwing Style: RHBH

You're close to Portland, ME. Seriously, take a look at the map, and even filter for anything above 3.5, and you'll see the embarrassment of riches you have to choose from.

If you need one place, go to Sabattus and play Eagle and Hawk. But Bittersweet Ridge is another fine option.

(note, I've only played the tip of the iceberg in the area, so there may be better options, but you won't regret vacationing in Maine. It's one of the best places in the country for the summer and winter)

Old 02-20-2017, 07:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 135
Throwing Style: LHBH

Within probably 30 minutes or so of Kennebunk, you've got Pleasant Hill in Scarborough, Woodland Valley in Limerick, Bellamy Park in Dover NH, and Squamanagonic and Salmon Falls in Rochester NH. All good to very good courses. Pleasant Hill is on an old golf course so it's generally wide open. The rest are more typical New England courses winding through the woods with some elevation changes. Woodland has three 18-hole courses on site so you could definitely spend the whole day there and never see the same hole twice.

If you're willing to drive a bit, like Hector Chain said, there is an embarrassment of riches north of Portland. Just staying on the I-95 corridor without having to venture too far off the highway, you have Bittersweet Ridge (2 courses) and Pineland Farms (off exit 63), Dragan Field (off exit 75), and Sabattus (2.5 courses off exit 86). All four hosted B-tier or higher events (Sabattus hosted USWDGC) last year. I give you the exit numbers because they're numbered by mile markers, so you can get an idea of drive time from Kennebunk (exit 25).

You really can't go wrong no matter what you do.

Last edited by JC17393; 02-20-2017 at 07:41 AM.