Old 02-06-2017, 06:52 PM

Default Evergreen DGC in Baytown, TX

Anyone played this course yet? Got any comments, notes or reviews? I know it used to be a golf course and looks cool on the map. Wanted to get some feedback to see if it's worth the drive out to Baytown.

Thanks all
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2017, 07:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 151
Throwing Style: RHBH

Its getting great reviews from locals. There's still some final tweaking being done. Join the bayou city disc golf facebook page. There's pictures of the layout there. I saw that they were setting up the frames for the tee boxes today.

Haven't played it myself as I'm on the west side of Houston and its a little over an hour to get there. But from what i've seen, yes its worth the drive. The lead designer Chris Vandergriff knows what hes doing. There's lots of water and what look to be some good par 4s.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Played it today and WOW! Great course. I'm thinking a 4/5 maybe 4.5 once they get all the long and short tees in, signs, benches, etc. There's some phenomenal holes out there and surprisingly a lot of trees. I think #3 is my favorite hole.

My biggest critique is that all of the water (and most of the artificial cart path OB) plays on the left side of the holes which favors lefties. I would've liked to see more balance there.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:32 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 310

Played it a couple weeks ago and thought it was pretty solid but raw. At the time I had played it, several tees had just been moved (some minorly, others with big changes) so I don't think its fully complete yet. In terms of shot variety, I thought it was pretty good but aside from maybe two holes I can think of, I was never really forced to throw a certain shot (RHFH vs RHBH). It definitely caters to the big arm players. Would recommend playing it with a local to help with the navigation (though this was fairly straight forward) but also the little tricks to each hole (where the cart path comes into play/hidden water). Looking forward to coming back to this one already.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeman View Post
Played it a couple weeks ago and thought it was pretty solid but raw. At the time I had played it, several tees had just been moved (some minorly, others with big changes) so I don't think its fully complete yet. In terms of shot variety, I thought it was pretty good but aside from maybe two holes I can think of, I was never really forced to throw a certain shot (RHFH vs RHBH). It definitely caters to the big arm players. Would recommend playing it with a local to help with the navigation (though this was fairly straight forward) but also the little tricks to each hole (where the cart path comes into play/hidden water). Looking forward to coming back to this one already.
This true. Was talking to my buddy about only using about half my bag. 16/18 tee shots were max distance.