Old 09-24-2015, 09:53 PM
Years Playing: 0.9
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
Played Pine / Conifer Colorado Area Courses Last Week.

I was able to play all four courses in the area last week. I am from Florida so playing these mountain courses was a completely different disc golf experience. Having done solo backpacks in WY and CO the last 4 years I have a great love for the mountains and am comfortable in the terrain. The courses still kicked my butt. I'd rate the courses in this order- Bucksnort, Phantom Falls, Beaver Ranch, and Bailey. Bucksnort was tough, rugged, beautiful, and fun. Phantom Falls and Beaver Ranch are very close. Beaver has a more traditional disc golf feel and is longer, but Phantom has so much attention to detail with benches, ammenities, and unique baskets, you really feel like your playing at a special place. Bailey is also great (and long), it's just not as 'nice' as the other 3. There are some amazing holes to be played there though.

I stayed in Bailey , CO at the Bailey Lodge, a small quiet hotel that I would recommend. It's great place to stay that is relatively close to all 4 courses. It's a great way to spend a week. I have to thank Paul for fitting me in at Bucksnort and Phantom. It made my week. He has a great passion for disc golf and it shows.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2015, 10:06 PM
Par Member
Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 23
Tarpon6 - it was a pleasure having you here in Colorado. I am glad you feel as though your vacation dollars were spent wisely. Thank you for the kind words. Regards - Paulie - P22

Old 10-02-2015, 09:24 AM
Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Hey guys yeah Paul for sure makes it fun at Bucksnort and I got to play with the land owners this past May, great couple! I'm from Colorado now living in New Port Richey FL and I'v'e played them all and they are great courses. It's a world of difference compared to playing Clearwater and Tampa courses but in some ways not really. The trees and water make it feel kinda Coloradish and are mostly technical, but nothing better than shooting up or down a mountain through a valley and into a cave lol. You picked a good time of year to go! Pauly if you come to SW Florida, Picnic Island is a must for you!