#161  
Old 11-01-2012, 03:54 PM
apparition's Avatar
apparition apparition is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Mitten
Courses Played: 43
Posts: 1,099
DirtyMittenDG I think I talked to you on the phone about two weeks ago. I called about Blizzard Hills and we ended up talking about the whole BC State Rec course fizzling out...
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 11-01-2012, 04:22 PM
DirtyMittenDG's Avatar
DirtyMittenDG DirtyMittenDG is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bay City, MI
Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 108
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by apparition View Post
DirtyMittenDG I think I talked to you on the phone about two weeks ago. I called about Blizzard Hills and we ended up talking about the whole BC State Rec course fizzling out...
Naw I don't think that was me you talked to. Unless my memory worse than I thought. lol. You mighta talked to Craig Prime. He's the one I know was/is responsible for the state park course.

I did just now see an article that talks about a little hope for the course in 2013 though. But wouldn't get to excited.
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 11-01-2012, 04:31 PM
DirtyMittenDG's Avatar
DirtyMittenDG DirtyMittenDG is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bay City, MI
Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 108
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyv View Post
East China Twp Park has everything in and is playable. Just needs a few things cut and cleaned up for a green light by the parks dept.
Thanks for all the work Donny! Way to start filling in one of the disc golf dead zones of michigan. When you think is the grand opening? And is it the township park just north of Marine City?
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 11-02-2012, 08:19 AM
donnyv's Avatar
donnyv donnyv is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: MI
Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 24
Posts: 623
So close...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMittenDG View Post
Thanks for all the work Donny! Way to start filling in one of the disc golf dead zones of michigan. When you think is the grand opening? And is it the township park just north of Marine City?


Well, I was hoping for it to be ready months ago but work, family and the fact that it's 45 min one way from my house kinda dragged it out a little longer. I'll be at the next park meeting so I hope we can give it a walk-thru and green light and offically say it's open.

The only things needed to be done are brush-hogging the tall grass in OB and cutting a few dead trees down for safety issues. When I tried brush-hogging months ago, my tractor with the brushhog was too long for my trailer so DPW will have to do that. They'll have to use chainsaws to cut the dead trees since I'm not authorized to use that kind of equipment at the parks. Disc golf is not exactly the highest priority. People need the DPW for more important things which is understandable. The parks dept and DPW are also understaffed but have been great people to work with.

Hopefully we can get approval for the back-nine this winter. There are still a lot of dead trees in the woods that need attention and that is where 6-7 of the proposed holes will be. There is also budget cuts in 2013 that could delay any future plans in the parks. We'll see what happens.

The township park IS just north of Marine City off River Rd. Winter access will be from the corner of River Rd and Recor Rd at the dog park entrance. It will be a little hike to get to the course from there but you have a ton of room to get warmed up by throwing accross the open (and nicely cut) ball fields to hole one near the Belle River at the SW corner of the park. They might have to pull the baskets for the winter though because idiot snowmobilers sneak into the park when the river is frozen and might plow into the baskets going 100+ mph which would not be good for the TWP or the DG course. If they do sneak in there, I just hope they don't tear-up the course with their studded tracks.

This is hole #2 at East China Twp Park


Don't forget to check out the other course I made at Ira Twp Park about 15 mins away.

Ira Twp Park hole #9

Last edited by donnyv; 11-02-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 11-02-2012, 08:28 AM
superberry's Avatar
superberry superberry is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Marquette, MI
Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 168
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,083
DISC GOLF IN DA U.P. ('Eh!!!)

www.facebook.com/discdaup

www.facebook.com/watchitbend

Working on, and 2/3 complete, the new Powder Mill Disc Golf Course in Marquette. CAN YOU VOLUNTEER TO HELP? WE NEED IT! There are rough video walkthroughs, photos, and course map on Disc Da UP facebook page.

Waiting on word for a new 27-36 hole DG park in Esky.

Waiting for info on re-finishing a course in Western Marquette Co.

Finishing a private 9 basket (18 holer) on my property.

Re-finishing Al Quaal in Ishpeming.

Expanding Silver Creek in Harvey (waiting board approval).

Evaluating proposed land in Negaunee.
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 11-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Gonnagal Gonnagal is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 689
The Sunnybrook DISC golf course has a permanent home. You will have to call and make a tee time though. If they are running their ball golf league, the course will be closed. $25 for a cart for 18 holes. That's not to shabby, $12.50 a person for 18 with a cart. Or if you prefer to walk I believe it's $7.50, but don't quote me on it.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 11-05-2012, 04:59 PM
apparition's Avatar
apparition apparition is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Mitten
Courses Played: 43
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonnagal View Post
The Sunnybrook DISC golf course has a permanent home. You will have to call and make a tee time though. If they are running their ball golf league, the course will be closed. $25 for a cart for 18 holes. That's not to shabby, $12.50 a person for 18 with a cart. Or if you prefer to walk I believe it's $7.50, but don't quote me on it.
I called there on Thursday to ask about playing the course over the weekend and more than one person said it's temporary and is only set up for the tournament once a year. I don't know who I talked to. How does Sunnybrook work? Do they put out the baskets only when someone wants to play or what? I'm confused (mainly because the people I talked to when I called).
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 11-05-2012, 09:30 PM
apdrvya's Avatar
apdrvya apdrvya is offline
Marketplace Guru
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 243
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,360
played bertha brock today and added 60+ photos to the page. holy hell that course is punishing!
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 11-06-2012, 10:55 AM
donnyv's Avatar
donnyv donnyv is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: MI
Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 24
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by apparition View Post
I called there on Thursday to ask about playing the course over the weekend and more than one person said it's temporary and is only set up for the tournament once a year. I don't know who I talked to. How does Sunnybrook work? Do they put out the baskets only when someone wants to play or what? I'm confused (mainly because the people I talked to when I called).
It's been used for tournaments for a few years now. This is gonna be a permanent course from what I heard from the people working on it. They have indoor putting leagues there on monday nights during the winter too. I haven't played there yet but it sounds like it shares some of the bolf course which might be why bolf gets higher priority tee-times, but not 100% sure. I think more info is on discgolfscene about it.
Reply With Quote
 

  #170  
Old 11-06-2012, 05:20 PM
DirtyMittenDG's Avatar
DirtyMittenDG DirtyMittenDG is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bay City, MI
Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 108
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyv View Post
It's been used for tournaments for a few years now. This is gonna be a permanent course from what I heard from the people working on it. They have indoor putting leagues there on monday nights during the winter too. I haven't played there yet but it sounds like it shares some of the bolf course which might be why bolf gets higher priority tee-times, but not 100% sure. I think more info is on discgolfscene about it.
I heard the course is permanent now as well. Open through the winter, but no carts when snows on the ground.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Disc Golf Center

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.