Old 11-28-2012, 11:54 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHBH
I really hope they open a course in Charlevoix, I go up to beaver island every year with some friends of mine who disc too and that'd be a perfect way to end a long car ride up there.

MI seems to have a lot of courses and a whole bunch more popping up. Jealous of you guys.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeddZepp8687 View Post
I really hope they open a course in Charlevoix, I go up to beaver island every year with some friends of mine who disc too and that'd be a perfect way to end a long car ride up there.

MI seems to have a lot of courses and a whole bunch more popping up. Jealous of you guys.
The course at Mt. McSauba in Charlevoix is projected to be in next spring. Atleast that's what they told me when I called them a couple months ago. But who knows. That course has been talked about for a while now. Was supposed to be up a long time ago.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:25 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMittenDG View Post
The course at Mt. McSauba in Charlevoix is projected to be in next spring. Atleast that's what they told me when I called them a couple months ago. But who knows. That course has been talked about for a while now. Was supposed to be up a long time ago.
Nice, We will be up there memorial day weekend. Lets hope its up by then!
Old 11-29-2012, 01:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 17
Clear Lake State Park in Atlanta, MI has 9 holes of a disc golf course. I'm just waiting for confirmation that teepads and baskets are in. I went out a few weeks back and checked it out and was slightly disappointed that there were no holes throwing over any parts of the lake. However, a few holes play near enough to the lake that an errant throw or nasty treejection will cause you to go swimming. I was told that teepads and baskets would be in before the snow flew..... sooooo I'm hoping to get a reply from the DNR Rep soon.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 23
Update on the new 18 hole course at Deerfield County Park in Mount Pleasant, from the Mount Pleasant Disc Golf Club's facebook page:

Here's a birds-eye look at the new course, tentatively called "Wildwood". Still a few paths to map but it's getting there. Thanks for your donations to date!!

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...a7061361&msa=0

it supposedly has lots of elevation changes, a couple actual par 4s and hole 18 throws over a pond. Hope to be playing it by mid to late spring.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 38
Just wanted to let everyone know that the MSU course in East Lansing, MI http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1583 has been put back into the ground with 15 baskets and rubber pads as of yesterday. Not sure how to change the info on an "extinct" course. Got this info from Nate Ross who goes to MSU and worked with the disc golf club there.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Marketplace Guru

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfactor View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that the MSU course in East Lansing, MI http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1583 has been put back into the ground with 15 baskets and rubber pads as of yesterday. Not sure how to change the info on an "extinct" course. Got this info from Nate Ross who goes to MSU and worked with the disc golf club there.
pm timg. he should be able to "unextinct" it unless it's a new layout.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Bogey Member

Kimball Pines in battle creek is being put back in after a storm pretty much took the whole course out a couple years ago.

It will have 18 Holes playable by May 2013 and it will be LONGER trying to add 500'-1000' to the 18 holes we have, the Goal is to have 27 holes Playable by September 2013.

Can't wait for it to be back! Although a name change is in order. Kimball Pine is closer to truth after the storm. It will still be a fantastic course, the land there is great.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 46
Update on Watervliet Course: Teepads have been poured, Baskets are in, Bridge is not. This means the course is playable but not as designed. Holes 1-6 are on the east side of Mill Creek and are best accessed by parking across from the department of public works garage. The other 3 holes are in Flaherty Park proper and can be accessed by parking in the park off Butternut Street or by parking in the parking lot off main street right next to Beaches n Cream ice cream shop(soon to carry discs.)

Be advised, there are no signs yet, not much for direction, and a good deal of clean up still needs to take place. Pics to come as is a bridge connecting the park holes with the wooded holes and some good signage. Anyone who would like a tour feel free to send me a pm.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenz View Post
Update on Watervliet Course: Teepads have been poured, Baskets are in, Bridge is not. This means the course is playable but not as designed. Holes 1-6 are on the east side of Mill Creek and are best accessed by parking across from the department of public works garage. The other 3 holes are in Flaherty Park proper and can be accessed by parking in the park off Butternut Street or by parking in the parking lot off main street right next to Beaches n Cream ice cream shop(soon to carry discs.)

Be advised, there are no signs yet, not much for direction, and a good deal of clean up still needs to take place. Pics to come as is a bridge connecting the park holes with the wooded holes and some good signage. Anyone who would like a tour feel free to send me a pm.
1. Discraft baskets are HEAVY.
2. Got to play this course this weekend. Andrew has done a fantastic job on that property getting a challenging and interesting course in a small area. Can't wait to see it complete.