Old 06-19-2013, 10:46 AM

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 104
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDeezy View Post
The new course in Holland is NOT scheduled to open on June 27, the park is being dedicated/opened June 27. Hopefully the disc golf course will be open early July.
Does anyone know what the new course or park in Holland will be called, or where it is located?
Old 06-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 38
only thing i know is Macatawa River Greenspace. it was formerly the Holland Country Club property. the park supposedly opens june 27. not sure when the course will be completed.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
The Gultch in Hamburg MI: NO BASKETS YET (tees have been poured). A3 Disc Golf club has workdays scheduled this weekend Jun 22-23. Please bring gloves and help out if you can.

Course should open in July.
Man, I sure do hope for their sake this design is pretty solid, because that (concrete pads before baskets) is a little bit risky. They have almost zero ability to tweak now that those pads are in. I wonder how/why it worked out that way.. ?
Old 06-19-2013, 10:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by esdubya View Post
Man, I sure do hope for their sake this design is pretty solid, because that (concrete pads before baskets) is a little bit risky. They have almost zero ability to tweak now that those pads are in. I wonder how/why it worked out that way.. ?
I hear ya' Totally makes sense to put the baskets in first, and let people play the course for at least a few weeks (if not a couple of months) to see how it plays before pouring tee pads. Now, their options are essentially... nada.

I visited the course after work, but didn't really get to see how the holes play because I wasn't dressed to walk through knee high grass in loafers... just wanted to see if it was playable.

Matt from A3 told me Mark Ellis had more than a little to do with the design, so hopefully, it will play nicely as is. Looked like a nice plot of land for a course - wooded with some topography to the land.

Guess we'll see...
Old 06-19-2013, 11:18 PM

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
I hear ya' Totally makes sense to put the baskets in first, and let people play the course for at least a few weeks (if not a couple of months) to see how it plays before pouring tee pads. Now, their options are essentially... nada.

I visited the course after work, but didn't really get to see how the holes play because I wasn't dressed to walk through knee high grass in loafers... just wanted to see if it was playable.

Matt from A3 told me Mark Ellis had more than a little to do with the design, so hopefully, it will play nicely as is. Looked like a nice plot of land for a course - wooded with some topography to the land.

Guess we'll see...
To my knowledge Mark hasn't even seen it yet.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:26 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Bill at CJ's told me months ago (at least 2) about installing the Hamburg course and gave me the impression that they had played the land enough to know exactly where everything was going to go. I can't imagine that they would put the tees in randomly. I can imagine that they tested the layout with practice baskets and flag tees until they got it right.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekauserud View Post
To my knowledge Mark hasn't even seen it yet.
just passing on what Matt told me when I was out there.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:33 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by apparition View Post
Bill at CJ's told me months ago (at least 2) about installing the Hamburg course and gave me the impression that they had played the land enough to know exactly where everything was going to go. I can't imagine that they would put the tees in randomly. I can imagine that they tested the layout with practice baskets and flag tees until they got it right.
I get that. I just know from our experiences at Independence Lake that it only helps to take your time with the pad installation - if you can. I love their enthusiasm out there and I hope it works out for the best.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:12 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 31.3
Courses Played: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshrevo View Post
only thing i know is Macatawa River Greenspace. it was formerly the Holland Country Club property. the park supposedly opens june 27. not sure when the course will be completed.
Maybe on an old ball course? Maybe someone on here knows?

Old 06-20-2013, 11:27 AM

Courses Played: 8
Anyone from northern Michigan here? They just put a 9 hole course in at treetops resort. It's not very fun though. Guess that's what happens when some random stoner designs the course lol