#321  
Old 06-19-2013, 10:46 AM
marcwatts's Avatar
marcwatts marcwatts is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 104
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDeezy View Post
The new course in Holland is NOT scheduled to open on June 27, the park is being dedicated/opened June 27. Hopefully the disc golf course will be open early July.
Does anyone know what the new course or park in Holland will be called, or where it is located?
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 06-19-2013, 04:30 PM
rshrevo's Avatar
rshrevo rshrevo is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: coopersville
Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 276
only thing i know is Macatawa River Greenspace. it was formerly the Holland Country Club property. the park supposedly opens june 27. not sure when the course will be completed.
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 06-19-2013, 05:01 PM
esdubya's Avatar
esdubya esdubya is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oldcastle Ontario
Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 93
Posts: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
The Gultch in Hamburg MI: NO BASKETS YET (tees have been poured). A3 Disc Golf club has workdays scheduled this weekend Jun 22-23. Please bring gloves and help out if you can.

Course should open in July.
Man, I sure do hope for their sake this design is pretty solid, because that (concrete pads before baskets) is a little bit risky. They have almost zero ability to tweak now that those pads are in. I wonder how/why it worked out that way.. ?
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 06-19-2013, 10:13 PM
BogeyNoMore's Avatar
BogeyNoMore BogeyNoMore is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Walled Lake, MI
Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 167
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by esdubya View Post
Man, I sure do hope for their sake this design is pretty solid, because that (concrete pads before baskets) is a little bit risky. They have almost zero ability to tweak now that those pads are in. I wonder how/why it worked out that way.. ?
I hear ya' Totally makes sense to put the baskets in first, and let people play the course for at least a few weeks (if not a couple of months) to see how it plays before pouring tee pads. Now, their options are essentially... nada.

I visited the course after work, but didn't really get to see how the holes play because I wasn't dressed to walk through knee high grass in loafers... just wanted to see if it was playable.

Matt from A3 told me Mark Ellis had more than a little to do with the design, so hopefully, it will play nicely as is. Looked like a nice plot of land for a course - wooded with some topography to the land.

Guess we'll see...
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 06-19-2013, 11:18 PM
ekauserud ekauserud is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
I hear ya' Totally makes sense to put the baskets in first, and let people play the course for at least a few weeks (if not a couple of months) to see how it plays before pouring tee pads. Now, their options are essentially... nada.

I visited the course after work, but didn't really get to see how the holes play because I wasn't dressed to walk through knee high grass in loafers... just wanted to see if it was playable.

Matt from A3 told me Mark Ellis had more than a little to do with the design, so hopefully, it will play nicely as is. Looked like a nice plot of land for a course - wooded with some topography to the land.

Guess we'll see...
To my knowledge Mark hasn't even seen it yet.
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 06-20-2013, 08:26 AM
apparition's Avatar
apparition apparition is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Mitten
Courses Played: 43
Posts: 1,099
Bill at CJ's told me months ago (at least 2) about installing the Hamburg course and gave me the impression that they had played the land enough to know exactly where everything was going to go. I can't imagine that they would put the tees in randomly. I can imagine that they tested the layout with practice baskets and flag tees until they got it right.
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 06-20-2013, 08:45 AM
BogeyNoMore's Avatar
BogeyNoMore BogeyNoMore is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Walled Lake, MI
Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 167
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekauserud View Post
To my knowledge Mark hasn't even seen it yet.
just passing on what Matt told me when I was out there.
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 06-20-2013, 10:33 AM
esdubya's Avatar
esdubya esdubya is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oldcastle Ontario
Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 93
Posts: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by apparition View Post
Bill at CJ's told me months ago (at least 2) about installing the Hamburg course and gave me the impression that they had played the land enough to know exactly where everything was going to go. I can't imagine that they would put the tees in randomly. I can imagine that they tested the layout with practice baskets and flag tees until they got it right.
I get that. I just know from our experiences at Independence Lake that it only helps to take your time with the pad installation - if you can. I love their enthusiasm out there and I hope it works out for the best.
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 06-20-2013, 11:12 AM
ru4por's Avatar
ru4por ru4por is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Years Playing: 31.3
Courses Played: 178
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshrevo View Post
only thing i know is Macatawa River Greenspace. it was formerly the Holland Country Club property. the park supposedly opens june 27. not sure when the course will be completed.
Maybe on an old ball course? Maybe someone on here knows?
Reply With Quote
 

  #330  
Old 06-20-2013, 11:27 AM
JoshH989's Avatar
JoshH989 JoshH989 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 28
Anyone from northern Michigan here? They just put a 9 hole course in at treetops resort. It's not very fun though. Guess that's what happens when some random stoner designs the course lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.