Old 07-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 31.2
Courses Played: 178
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
^Agreed, the $9/day park entry fee for non-Washtenaw County residents it steep, but it'd sting less if you could make a day of it by playing 2 courses (a'la Hudson Mills). Throw in Indy Lake for a triple play and $9/day is a bargain. Bring a couple of friends and you're paying a measly $1 a round, each.
Yup, same with Addison. All good courses, usually load up one vehicle with a crew and make it a day with a grill and a cooler. Not really complaining, there is no such thing as too expensive for disc golf in my world.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:44 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Yup, same with Addison. All good courses, usually load up one vehicle with a crew and make it a day with a grill and a cooler. Not really complaining, there is no such thing as too expensive for disc golf in my world.
Yea, non-resident prices suck in SE Michigan. But that's the park fee it self. At least your playing disc golf when you pay, and not just going for a walk to look at birds like a lot of people do.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:47 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddleman View Post
Anybody heard anything about the 2nd course Rolling Hills is putting in? I heard some buzz about it in the spring, but since then it's been quiet.
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:30 AM
500 PDGA Certified Missed Aces Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 74
Question. We live near Sheboygan, WI, and are trying to figure our next road trip, which will be to MI. It's a horse a piece going south around the lake or north through the UP.

Which direction is going to give us the better selection of courses? We're thinking UP, down through the western edges of the state, then back over and taking the ferry back home. Not worried about the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area, as my stepson lives over there, and I'll knock those courses out in due time. I guess what I'm asking, are there any courses in the southwestern part of the state that are must plays?
Old 07-25-2013, 08:44 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHFH
First, I would seriously reconsider taking the ferry in Ludington. It is extremely expensive and time consuming. If you go the southerly route you aren't going to be too far from Lemon Lake, Rodger Lakewood, Shore Acres, Flip City. In Ludington there is the Beast, Leviathan, Beauty and another one on that property. If you can spare the time I would go all the way around if were you. If you make a stop in the Berrien county area I can make recommendations on where to stay, eat, etc. since that's where I live.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:52 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHFH
Also, there is a new course in Holland called Macatawa Greenspace I think and so far it looks pretty good. I guess if you go the northerly route there isn't as much disc golf but the scenery is better. However there are some great courses. The southerly route the drive isn't too bad but the concentration of courses is a little higher. Kind of depends on what you are after on this trip.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:24 AM

We were considering a full loop, but want to make sure there's enough courses to make it worthwhile. We'd probably just camp locally to save funds, and it would probably be a Friday morning-Sunday night type trip.

I had heard the ferry was expensive, and to be completely honest, I'd rather just hit as many courses as possible.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:27 AM

Flip City is a must...the Ludington area sounds pretty darn good, as well. We'd just have to make sure to leave early enough to beat Chicago traffic.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Thanks, Dad

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
Flip City is a must...the Ludington area sounds pretty darn good, as well. We'd just have to make sure to leave early enough to beat Chicago traffic.
ten bucks a person to camp at flip. Well wroth doing, may want to call or e-mail bill first. Ludington is good. Shore Acres if you are coming up that side. then going to traverse city.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:09 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddleman View Post
Anybody heard anything about the 2nd course Rolling Hills is putting in? I heard some buzz about it in the spring, but since then it's been quiet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven eighteen View Post
Years ago I heard they were gonna expand the existing course to 24 holes. Thought they were actually doing some work in the woods for it. Obviously didn't happen and I've never heard that again.

I've definitely never heard anything about a 2nd course. That would be awesome, though! I don't get there enough even though I'm only a few miles away...often too crowded for my tastes. A second course may help with that a bit.

I just sent them a message on Facebook. We'll see what they say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMittenDG View Post
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Looks like DirtyMittenDG found the video Foz posted for the expansion at Rolling Hills. I first heard about it maybe 2 weeks ago, I showed up just as Ypsi Dubs was ending on a Sunday and there was talk about it. Heard chatter about the quad-copter video Foz shot but never saw it (thanks Dirty). Going to be a 2nd course, didn't get the hole count though.