Old 07-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 30.9
Courses Played: 169
Throwing Style: RHBH
Hitting courses near the left coast sounds like a good route for a loop. I have not played a ton of UP courses, but Escanaba is supposed to have a couple, Silver Mountain in St Ignace is a nice round as well. The lower top to bottom could be like this. Hickory Hills, Carly's Playground and Mt McSauba, (new, not listed here yet, but an Epic ski hill course), maybe a drive to Avalanche and Boyne. Drive to Ludington to play Flip, Mason County (three courses) and Leviathan, and then to Kalamazoo for a choice of Cold Brook, Robert Morris, maybe Oshtemo. Meyers Broadway on the way out of Michigan. Apparition has a fine list, but many are a drive off the West Coast. Good luck. Michigan has some of the finest courses on the planet and some great, friendly golfers.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
Agreed, the $9/day park entry fee for non-Washtenaw County residents it steep, but it'd sting less if you could make a day of it by playing 2 courses (a'la Hudson Mills). Throw in Indy Lake for a triple play and $9/day is a bargain. Bring a couple of friends and you're paying a measly $1 a round, each.

Indy/Rolling are part of the same system, so you might get away with using the same entry. Hudson Mills, however, is not. You could, though, play Hudson, Kensington and Stoney with the same pass.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenThrower View Post
Not too bad, agree with most but noticed a couple of nice ones missing from the list.

Victory Park in Albion, MI is a great course.
Cold Brook Park in Climax, MI is another one I would put in my Top 25.

I was less than impressed with Cass Benton myself, would not make my list. Run down course with some obnoxious locals, IMO of course. But a solid listing none the less, thanks for putting this together as there are some I have yet to play so this will help!
I didn't make the list up. I used the Top Ranked courses list for the Top 25 courses in Michigan.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejvogie View Post
Indy/Rolling are part of the same system, so you might get away with using the same entry. Hudson Mills, however, is not. You could, though, play Hudson, Kensington and Stoney with the same pass.
Was only trying to say another course at Rolling Hills would make the $9 fee easier to swallow if, (like Hudson Mills), the fee(s) allowed you to play 2 courses in the same park with no travel. Plus you could, always hit Indy Lake (not too far away) on the same pass.

Never meant to imply hitting Hudson and Rolling Hills with the same park pass - no can do.

Technically speaking, yeah it's possible to hit Hudson, Kensington and Stoney the same day, but not all that that feasible (if you want to play both courses at The Mills), because Stony's really a schlep from the other two. Can't begin to comprehend playing those 102 holes plus all that driving in the same day.

Better yet, wait 'til next June and hit the Toboggan while you're in Kensington. That way, one can make it a nice round number: 120 holes of championship DG... all for the bargain price of $7*

* funeral not included.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 07-25-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by apparition View Post
I didn't make the list up. I used the Top Ranked courses list for the Top 25 courses in Michigan.
Well shoot, my apologies.

Guess I need to do more Reviews on this site if I want some of my favorite courses to rise up that list.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:04 PM

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMittenDG View Post
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Awesome! I'm super excited now!

Some open holes to let loose on would be nice. And maybe a hole over water? Looks like they've got a good chance to give it some variety so it doesn't just seem identical to the existing course.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by apparition View Post
I just put together this map of the top 25 courses in Michigan. Check it out!

http://goo.gl/maps/cwS11
Based on what criteria? Did you exclude the yoop?
Old 07-26-2013, 08:05 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by superberry View Post
Based on DGCR course ratings it would appear, he posted the link in a follow up post. Here it is, just select Michigan as the state and see the results.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/top_ranked.php

Was kind of surprised myself when I saw the results.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:22 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 75
I saw this weekend that Sutton's Bay is raising money for a new course, anyone have any information?

Old 08-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by superberry View Post
Yeah, I'm sorry but there aren't any courses in the UP in the Top 25 in Michigan according to DGCR.