Old 10-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 31.6
Courses Played: 186
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by apparition View Post
More specifically, does anyone know if these courses be open Nov. 7-11? Or someone to ask to find out?
Forrest Omland or Ric Evans. They are both very active up that way. I have met them both along the way. They are usually on Disc Golf Scene, might be the best way to shoot them a message. I also have good luck with the talk section there. I am heading up north this weekend and sent out a couple course questions, answered promptly. Good luck and have fun on those courses. McSauba is a beast, just an awesome course. Hopefully you will catch some colors too.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Thanks ru4por. Contacted both of them.

Avalanche leaves its baskets in year round. Only two baskets at McSauba will be pulled, and only when it gets snowy/freezing enough overnight (so after Thanksgiving probably). Boyne will unfortunately be pulling their baskets this weekend.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 31.6
Courses Played: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by apparition View Post
Thanks ru4por. Contacted both of them.

Avalanche leaves its baskets in year round. Only two baskets at McSauba will be pulled, and only when it gets snowy/freezing enough overnight (so after Thanksgiving probably). Boyne will unfortunately be pulling their baskets this weekend.
Glad to help. Just got back from up north. Played Carly's, Hickory Hills, Udell Rollaway and Myles Kimmerly. All in great shape and the colors are just reaching peak. Have a good trip man.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:26 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 62
Ella Sharp Park (Jackson, MI) has been approved!

M-Live article --> http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/in..._river_default

One of the guys from our local DG club is now on the committee as well, so hopefully I can keep up to date on this project. They have some great land to work with in the park, fingers crossed they use it wisely.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 1
Does any one have an inkling as to when the proposed courses in Livonia at Rotary Park and in Farmington Hills at Independence Green are likely to be completed?

My hope is that those courses draw some of the herd away from Cass Benton this coming summer.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Marketplace Guru

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 245
There has been some (soft) rumblings about a course going in at Long Lake in Sparta.
Don't know how true this is...
Old 11-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 25.6
Courses Played: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringerguy View Post
Does any one have an inkling as to when the proposed courses in Livonia at Rotary Park and in Farmington Hills at Independence Green are likely to be completed?

My hope is that those courses draw some of the herd away from Cass Benton this coming summer.
Cass Benton was awesome when it first opened. I played it a bunch then and during the Ann Arbor worlds in 2000. When I returned to play it again maybe just 6 years later, it was already in sad shape due to a--holes. I shudder to think what it must be like if it continued from '06 to now in the same fashion...
Old 11-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
...it was already in sad shape due to Cass holes...
Fixed that
Old 11-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
Cass Benton was awesome when it first opened. I played it a bunch then and during the Ann Arbor worlds in 2000. When I returned to play it again maybe just 6 years later, it was already in sad shape due to a--holes. I shudder to think what it must be like if it continued from '06 to now in the same fashion...
Despite the "changes" to the course I still think it is the best in SE Michigan. The vandal factor has actually gone down over the past couple years. It is seeing less traffic now than in 2006-2008, when IMO it was at peak usage. Trees have even been planted at the top of the hill on 16 guarding the approach to the basket.

If those new courses open up in the coming spring I think Cass could make a rebound in terms of maintenance. Rotary Park especially could make a huge difference in the number of people who come to Cass.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 172
I changed Belle Isle to "Temporary" on the course info page because it simply isn't available to play on any type ongoing basis. You can't just show up and play a casual round.... certainly seems temporary to me.

However, it is available to use for specific events/tournies if you're so inclined. I'm checking with Andrew at Up In The Air regarding the following:

1) Who does one need to contact in at the city (phone, e-mail, name of office or dept) to make arrangements?

2) Who's baskets did we play with Sunday? Were those Up In the Air's? If so, would it be possible for someone to rent/borrow them?

3) Whom did you contact regarding insurance for the event? Chances are it'd be easier to deal with people who've already been through such a transaction once or twice.

4) What else might the TD/event organizer have to deal with that's unique to this venue... like getting the key to that building?

I'll try to compile that info together in a single document and link it to on the course's "Links/Files" tab, and reference that file somewhere on the course Info Page. The collars are in the ground, but I don't think the baskets stay in the ground. Right now, UITA is the only group scheduling stuff on that courses, but technically, anyone can.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 11-05-2013 at 01:06 PM.