Disc Golf Store
Old 10-27-2011, 11:31 AM

I dont if it has been suggested yet, but a hole on a cemetery would be pretty cool for a halloween tournament.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2011, 11:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 368
Throwing Style: LHBH
Not for the families of anyone buried there.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Would like some more info about the type of course you are trying to build. The land looks really nice of a course. Are you looking for a tounament quallity? Mulity use I.E. multiple pins and pads for all skill levels? I am working on a lay out but more info would help.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Here is what I got for a start. It would be great if you would return the favor and do one for me... look in my sig for the link

Old 10-27-2011, 06:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadufour View Post
I dont if it has been suggested yet, but a hole on a cemetery would be pretty cool for a halloween tournament.
The township administration would frown upon that and probably make us leave to be honest with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Rock25 View Post
Would like some more info about the type of course you are trying to build. The land looks really nice of a course. Are you looking for a tounament quallity? Mulity use I.E. multiple pins and pads for all skill levels? I am working on a lay out but more info would help.
I am looking to make this beginner and advanced friendly. To start there will only be one pad and one pin per hole and the holes will be mixed between beginner and advanced friendly. Eventually the plan is multiple pads and multiple pins on every hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Rock25 View Post
Here is what I got for a start. It would be great if you would return the favor and do one for me... look in my sig for the link
The only problem is the area you are looking at for the green on hole 6 will have to be pulled back 60-80ft. That area isn't a pond, it's a marsh area with thick sawgrass. Granted we could trim it down and fill some of it in, but there is plenty of land otherwise to put holes on, so I'm not too worried about that spot.

I will definitely get you back with your thread, give me a few minutes to catch up on what I missed while I was at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave242 View Post
What level of player are you aiming this course at? What length of throws are you centering the hole lengths around? What are the typical widths (at pinch points) of the woods holes going to be?

This looks like some cool land - I am assuming it is moderately hilly (but it is hard to tell for sure). It does however look pretty cramped with all the houses and businesses surrounding a lot of the park. Buffer zones from them and from other park activities will cut dramatically into the usable space.

BTW, if you do not already know this Google maps has a very handy measuring tool built in (in Labs) and Bing Maps has excellent "bird's eye" aerial views where you can scope everything out from 4 directions/perspectives (thanks for providing the coordinates!)
starting from the beginning...

Aiming this course to introduce new players, while keeping advanced players interested and wanting to keep coming back.
Looking to have the holes between 250-325 average with some longer and some shorter in there.
So far this is a tight course with the finished wooded holes having gaps anywhere from 15-35 feet wide. There are two so far that have fairways 35ft wide all the way down.

The land is definitely cool. There is a mix of all kinds of elevation change, openings in the woods, some open holes, tight holes.
Even with the houses and businesses around, you don't really notice them except on maybe 5 holes out of the whole course. The hills and dense undergrowth give us good camo.
The public use areas of the park are also like this. There will be two baskets in the public areas, but they are short holes that even a n00b won't want to bomb.