Par Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posey is no disc eating dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by optidiscic View Post
A disc eating dog on every green...definetely adds challenge
haha thats true, to bad posey is not a real retriever, shes a lab but doesnt retrieve. And I uploaded the other hanging basket at my place, its a short hole like 217' so an 8 ft challenge shouldnt be problem

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/media....41&mode=media:
Old 11-07-2011, 10:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 115
During this past weekend's tournament I was given to second thoughts of my enthusiasm of rollaway holes. Timmons Park (Greenville, SC) has one of the sport's most lethal mixtures of baskets on slopes, lots of chances for rollaways to go O.B., and infuriating surfaces of rocks and roots that can upend and propel the flattest-landing upshots.

A sense of humor, and faith that the luck will even out over the course of the event, are defnitely in order. Of course, by the time it was all over the best players had put up the best scores, just as they do everywhere else.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.4
Courses Played: 101
I spent Saturday afternoon finalizing a design of a 9-Hole Course in Seneca. As we walked the property with the goal being to mark the tee and pin positions for clearing to begin next week, we moved two of the pin locations to more troublesome greens.

All holes on this course will have two pin placements per hole and the more difficult greens will also have safe alternatives. When the course is set up with those two tough greens both in play, I think you will see a large separation of scores due to the nature of those holes.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 74
Sweet tree that I want to do a hanging basket in on the course.
Front View

Side view

View from where the basket will hang looking across the pond that you will have to throw over.
Its a sweet view of the water tower.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 112
I'm not much for gimmicks...

a hanging basket should in a way be required and not just thrown in for a cheap gimmick

the way you're describing this one it sounds right... gj
Old 12-05-2011, 09:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: LHBH
want a difficult green? put it on a dramatic slope, or right before a drop off
Old 12-05-2011, 10:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
is there a higher theft threat when dealing with the hanging baskets? seems like they would be much easier to steal
Old 12-05-2011, 10:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by bholy08 View Post
is there a higher theft threat when dealing with the hanging baskets? seems like they would be much easier to steal
The basket we are thinking about hanging would be way in the middle of the course. If someone really wants it I am sure they will get it. They would need some heave duty bolt cutters though becasue we are going to use a massive chain and weld it to the baskect. It would also require a 1 mile walk with the basket without being noticed.

I don't know if there have been problem at outher courses.... It would be interesting to get more feedback on this.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
I expect the biggest factor deterring basket thieves is the risk of exposure while they're lugging the basket across the course. Way in the back, it's probably a negligible difference whether it's concreted in or padlocked to a chain. With a couple of easy to carry tools, most baskets could be dug up or detached from their moorings in a few minutes. Getting them to your getaway vehicle and away from the park without being noticed would be the hard part.

It would also be hard to "fence" a disc golf basket with a community of alert and angry players hunting you down.

Last edited by Lewis; 12-05-2011 at 10:35 AM.

Old 12-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by bholy08 View Post
Not sure why someone would want a hanging basket (have to keep it hanging in order to use, also easier to track down thief by searching ebay or craiglist) but I suppose people might not think that far ahead and take it anyways.

My question is what it the purpose of doing a hanging basket? Is it just that mounting the basket in this certain spot (the middle of tree limbs) would not be possible with the traditional pole setup, or are you interested in having the players putt at a swinging basket? Or something else?