Old 11-08-2014, 09:16 PM

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHFH
Crystal Z Stalker

I just picked up a special edition Crystal Z Stalker yesterday on a whim while I was killing time at Huk Lab before work. There was something about the way the disc fit in my hand that I needed to buy it! Just holding it I knew exactly how the disc would fly without needing a flight chart or any silly numbers.

Took the disc out this morning and it didn't disappoint. This puppy goes straight, straight and then straight some more. I throw LHFH and the disc will dip slightly to the right, flatten out and then just go straight till it drops. I am used to playing the discraft XL, but I feel the Stalker still has a place in my bag. It nicely complements my Champ Eagle in the fairway range and can reach places my eagle can't.

Over all I'd give the disc a rating of 8/10. It's not perfect, but it's above average and performs exactly as expected. I will report back once the disc gets beat in some more.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 80
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...hlight=stalker
Old 11-08-2014, 09:25 PM

I've previously read through all the stalker posts. Thanks.

I was just giving my fresh impression of a disc..... on a disc golf forum of all places. Don't click if you don't want to hear what I have to say. Pretty simple.

Search Nazis Must Die!
Old 11-08-2014, 09:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 80
you have great logic. i have no argument youre right.

great idea to read a stalker thread then make a new one.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
I love the stalker, a nice slow fairway driver. Veerrry comfortable in my grip and I really love the larger diameter. I usually prefer the Z ones for my backhand because they tend to mold up less overstable when new. A hair slower and a bit more overstable than the Z XL, which is also a superb slow, easily controllable, straight flying fairway driver. The two misprint CFR cryztal stalkers I have in my truck have a much higher wing than a typical Z and are quite overstable. More overstable than the Z wasp in my bag, about the same as the Z hornet in my truck.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:54 AM

Yeah I got the Zombee ace race disc a while back and it's never clicked with me. The Stalker is a very similar disc, but feels very different in the hand.

@ Ted - Yah I like the slow speed of the Stalker. It fits my play style and home course perfectly. I can put a lot of snap on it and it won't turn over on me either. I must have gotten lucky since I got the last special edition crystal Z in the shop. I can't wait to go throw it again today!