^just get a S a 4-5g lighter, or throw a handful of thumbers
Old 01-02-2013, 01:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bultx1215 View Post
I just spent some time with the 167 C on Friday, actually the first real time I have spent with it. Way more stable than the S line. That was what was making me think of the PD's. The flight was about a -1, 3ish...and fading into a strong wind even.
Yep, my new C-FD has a healthy amount of fade as well. It seems like a glidier Eagle to me, and it is great for shaping lines. Once I get my S in this week, I am excited to use those two as my only drivers for a bit.

One unexpected use I found for the C was huge skips! I threw it on a hyzer uphill, and it took the skip to about 15 feet from the pin for birdie. The skip had to have covered a good 30 feet. I wasn't trying to do that, but it puts the idea in my head for the future.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:16 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.1
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Now that you say that, Eaglish was how it was flying. I need to actually throw them while NOT in a hurricane soon. Might actually tell me more....but that day did tell me they can handle some wind very well.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bultx1215 View Post
Now that you say that, Eaglish was how it was flying. I need to actually throw them while NOT in a hurricane soon. Might actually tell me more....but that day did tell me they can handle some wind very well.
That's good to know. We don't have a ton of wind here, but I feel pretty confident the C can handle it. It is a little more stable than I like right now, but I am dedicating myself to working it in. I know it has potential.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:33 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.1
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
That's good to know. We don't have a ton of wind here, but I feel pretty confident the C can handle it. It is a little more stable than I like right now, but I am dedicating myself to working it in. I know it has potential.

I was playing right as a cold front was coming in. Steady blow at 20+ with gusts well over 30+ at times. It handled it, but then I was throwing worm burners most of the time. Don't think I was throwing above 10' off the deck at all.

I'm kinda liking the stability as is. If I tune one C line to US, I'll have a very PD like line up. OS C line, stable S line and a US C to top it off.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:36 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 26
ive not tried putting my c line on an anhy route yet. mostly cuz my S i can throw flat for the same end result, but i wonder how the c line would hold it.

my c md2 is very much a shorter Cfd in flight, as my sfd is very much a further smd2. really digging that i can drive my cmd2 very much the same i can standstill the CFD. these two are breeding confidence for me.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE master View Post
my c md2 is very much a shorter Cfd in flight, as my sfd is very much a further smd2. really digging that i can drive my cmd2 very much the same i can standstill the CFD. these two are breeding confidence for me.
Jake, you should try a P-MD2 I cannot believe how straight that disc is there is almost zero low speed fade at the end.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scared_Discless View Post
Jake, you should try a P-MD2 I cannot believe how straight that disc is there is almost zero low speed fade at the end.
thanks discless, i actually have two of them, they started the md2 legacy! i picked up p at 172 early October after loosing my dx coyote and not really jiving with rocs and star coyotes. the P are absolutely rope straight from a power stand still for me.
i picked up the 180 s to be a more stable component to the p, however the only big difference i found is the S is less prone to wind turn. so i havnt been carrying the p too much my past few rounds, blustery winter conditions. i think i would on courses with a lot of elevation, up hill shots... truly a disc that holds lines. love the dependable fade on the cmd2 when you need some bend
Old 01-02-2013, 03:29 PM

Does the FD have any similarities to the stalker? May be just a bit glidier??

Old 01-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tossplastic View Post
Does the FD have any similarities to the stalker? May be just a bit glidier??
Yes, that exactly what they are - maybe a hair slower than the Stalker.