Disc Golf Store
Old 03-02-2013, 12:37 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Just received my first flat C-FD in the mail. I really like how it flies, but it seems to have a "plussy" rim. Anybody else notice this?
Old 03-02-2013, 01:51 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser flippin View Post
Just received my first flat C-FD in the mail. I really like how it flies, but it seems to have a "plussy" rim. Anybody else notice this?
what weight? my C-Line FD is flat as hell, but it's light, and it doesn't have the + rim.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:14 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discblaster View Post
what weight? my C-Line FD is flat as hell, but it's light, and it doesn't have the + rim.
175, blue w/ bubbles
Old 03-02-2013, 02:38 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 10
Mine is 167 yellow with black stamp.

Disc is so amazing, would be pissed/bummed if it had a + rim.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:23 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
I don't see where they could be from different runs. I hope I'm not mistaken, but I recall that the rim on the FD is not a repurposed Innova rim like their other molds, and it seems to have more of that "European" feel. Part of the reason I like the disc so much is that it feels more like a River. And the line where the rim flashing would be isn't right at the bottom of the wing like Innova's discs (from what I can tell, this is what Prodigy is referring to with their "Quick Release Technology", something other companies have been doing for years!).
Old 03-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 30
Quote:
ive not seen any with plus rims.
i do believe innova will start integrating slight rim slant into every mold thought. sim to what ^rains says release technology. my ice bowl kc pro roc is certainly not square by any means compared to my glow roc. but no + by innovas standards.
most people love to complain about + pds but dont ever shake a stick at all the euro plastic that is plus molded, yet standard.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:46 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whentherainscome View Post
I don't see where they could be from different runs. I hope I'm not mistaken, but I recall that the rim on the FD is not a repurposed Innova rim like their other molds, and it seems to have more of that "European" feel. Part of the reason I like the disc so much is that it feels more like a River. And the line where the rim flashing would be isn't right at the bottom of the wing like Innova's discs (from what I can tell, this is what Prodigy is referring to with their "Quick Release Technology", something other companies have been doing for years!).
i have a S-FD that feels the same in the hand as most "american" molds, but the C-line had a totally different feel to it. some difference in feel was probably the dome on the S-line making the disc feel deeper, but when sitting in the hand, i couldn't get that confident grip from the flat C-line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE master View Post
ive not seen any with plus rims.
i do believe innova will start integrating slight rim slant into every mold thought. sim to what ^rains says release technology. my ice bowl kc pro roc is certainly not square by any means compared to my glow roc. but no + by innovas standards.
most people love to complain about + pds but dont ever shake a stick at all the euro plastic that is plus molded, yet standard.
as a PD thrower who has unfortunately come across a few plus rims, i can say that it's all about consistency in feel. when i have 2 other PDs in the bag and i try to put in a plus rim, it throws me off. the same thing happened with a KC Roc i bought once. the second you grip it, it feels like "wtf is wrong here." if i'm buying a european disc that is supposed to have a slanted rim, then that's what i want, but this is not the case. if nobody else here says that they've come across a plus feeling FD, then i'll give it another try. hopefully it was an anomaly.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:16 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Quote:
i have a S-FD that feels the same in the hand as most "american" molds, but the C-line had a totally different feel to it. some difference in feel was probably the dome on the S-line making the disc feel deeper, but when sitting in the hand, i couldn't get that confident grip from the flat C-line.

as a PD thrower who has unfortunately come across a few plus rims, i can say that it's all about consistency in feel. when i have 2 other PDs in the bag and i try to put in a plus rim, it throws me off. the same thing happened with a KC Roc i bought once. the second you grip it, it feels like "wtf is wrong here." if i'm buying a european disc that is supposed to have a slanted rim, then that's what i want, but this is not the case. if nobody else here says that they've come across a plus feeling FD, then i'll give it another try. hopefully it was an anomaly.
not trying to hate, just making what i thought is a funny observation.

i will say the first couple weeks with my cfd in the field, i was not sure i liked it. it seemed to come out early and as we know it is significantly more stable than the S. it wasnt till a got one 5g lighter that i really jived with it. so i get where you are coming from. i wondered if it had something to do with lack of dome as well, in combo with the plastic and being new.
in terms of the pd, again i was mad i unknowingly bought a +c, and i thought it kept slipping out early, yada yada. now i love it. i dont know if it was that initial C line breakin i had to get past or what, but i think ill be rockin that +pd till she no longer fades for me.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE master View Post
i wondered if it had something to do with lack of dome as well
I think you're on the money there. Looking at my S-, flat C- and domey C- there is a bit of increase in the angle of the rim that coincides with the lower dome and higher PLH of the flat discs.

It doesn't bother me. I've used a few +molds and they've only tripped me up a couple times. Early releases, no more frequent than late releases with normal rims, except with the +mold I got something to blame besides yourself.

The nose looks blunter on the C-lines, but that's just an unrelated observation.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:28 PM
Bogey Member

Bought mine last Saturday. It's 175g, stiff and flat one with pearly blue color and some bubbles inside the rim. Tried it on practice field yesterday. Yep, it's way more stable than my domey S-line FD, handles some headwinds and feels great but I need more time to figure out whether it can be fitted in my bag. I think I should have got a lighter one (~170ish)... though. If anyone is interested in trading your lighter flat CFD for my 175g, shoot me pm.