Old 11-14-2011, 11:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 156
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
I made the video examples to specifically address the balance meaning in the putting stance rule. I can see doing other videos to address other grey area calls like backing into foliage.
I would like to see more! One like F-3 except instead of leaning into the basket you lean into a tree. Or even accidentally solidly bump into a tree in front of you.

Quote:
The ones the RC had a split vote were A-3, B-2, D-2 and E-2. Putts B-3, B-4, C-1, F-3 and F-4 were clearly stance faults. The other clips not listed here had no split vote and were not considered faults.
I can't believe someone would nitpick so badly on those putts. D-2 for example doesn't even seem close. It clearly looks like you are balanced to me.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2011, 01:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 172
I see nothing wrong with F-2. Could it be questionable because his back foot was supported by the tree, rather than it being on the ground?

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 11-15-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:27 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
I see nothing wrong with F-2. Could it be questionable because his back foot was supported by the tree, rather than it being on the ground?
His foot starts in an illegal position as the heel is touching the tree closer to the basket than the back side of his marker. But he lifts it and it looks like a completely legal putt to me.

But someone might see it slightly different and be of the opinion that he is still touching in front of the line/circle when he releases.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:31 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl scott View Post
I would like to see more! One like F-3 except instead of leaning into the basket you lean into a tree. Or even accidentally solidly bump into a tree in front of you.
Tree or basket, makes no difference. If you lean on something and the contact point is closer to the basket than the back side of your marker - before showing balance - its illegal. Same ruling.
But it would not hurt to have it in there to showcase that.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:40 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombmk View Post
His foot starts in an illegal position as the heel is touching the tree closer to the basket than the back side of his marker. But he lifts it and it looks like a completely legal putt to me.

But someone might see it slightly different and be of the opinion that he is still touching in front of the line/circle when he releases.
Upon rereading they did not split on F2 though. So it seems they agreed.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 189
since I've been playing I have seen a few rules changed by the PDGA. Maybe if the PDGA could be more consistent with the rules and stop changing things then everybody could be on the same page........ie....the moving objects behind your lie rule....the (and this is the dumbest one) if you get an ace by sticking the disc in the side of the basket one that only counts now if nobody saw it stick in this side which would entail that the disc smashed the chains and pole and bounced back through the basket and got stuck?????(ridiculous)......ob interpretations changing. I have seen many arguments about these in tournaments. I know the sport is newer and evolving, but I will admit that this is the only thing about disc golf I can't stand (rule changing)
Old 12-10-2011, 12:33 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 31
This needs to be sped up with Yakety Sax playing.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Somebody make it happen or there's going to be trouble.

I guess you could just hit play on both of these.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:38 AM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.7
Courses Played: 591
Quote:
BionicRib - the (and this is the dumbest one) if you get an ace by sticking the disc in the side of the basket one that only counts now if nobody saw it stick in this side which would entail that the disc smashed the chains and pole and bounced back through the basket and got stuck?????(ridiculous)......
I've seen it happen so it's not that ridiculous. The disc didn't hit the pole but entered the basket properly and wedged on the back side of the basket on its way out.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 156
That was a pretty great idea. Much more entertaining this way!

Old 12-10-2011, 12:44 AM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.7
Courses Played: 591
The RC has approved 40 Q&As that will be official as a supplement to the rulebook starting Jan 1. They will be posted soon. One of the new ones defines "demonstrating balance." So I'm working on a final edit right now of the above putting examples video to show which shots are okay and which are faults. Should be approved for posting around New Years. The Yakety Sax music came to mind as part of the sound track but not sure if it's royalty free.