#11  
Old 10-07-2012, 07:56 PM
booter's Avatar
booter booter is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: the plastic bins
Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,693
even this beat up sp i found today still faded in headwinds,it really was just a little straighter than my ap. same fade though really
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Rol6566's Avatar
Rol6566 Rol6566 is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Butler PA
Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,453
Love my sinus. One of the greatest approach/OS driving putters. Super reliable. Throw them hard and know they wont flip...ever

I personally like the stiffer ap. Though both plastics warp/ding pretty easy. I've had the same one in my bag for months, its really warped and dinged up but hasn't lost any noticeable stability
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-07-2012, 10:47 PM
DESTRO's Avatar
DESTRO DESTRO is offline
Destroyer 3.0
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 513
i've been preaching the merits of the sinus here on this forum for a good while - do a search! for an upshot disc it's almost as os as the zone, but with a tad more 'touch' involved because of the grippy plastic. beats in to s**t but will still hold a tight line to the basket.

not quite as comfortable a grip in the hands as the zone because of the thinner wing, but still one hell of a flat, stable monster that gets the job done.

i've been emailing tomas for over a year now to try and get the sinus in opto and it looks like it might just happen. i now keep both the sinus ap and a zone in the bag and both are just killer discs. my larger hands does quite like the zone as a 'go to', but that damn sinus always gets to strut its stuff.

bought ten over two years ago and still have five in stock, with two being in the bag lineup. the other three are backups waiting their turn.

and yes, those 'sandpapery' thumbpads work very well during rainy day play.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-07-2012, 11:30 PM
booter's Avatar
booter booter is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: the plastic bins
Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,693
yeah i read all the other sinus threads too les i like the feel of the sinus,the depth and lack of bead are what made me want to try it again. the plastic is the ****,very grippy. the ap is nice and when and if the opto sinus gets made, i will replace my ap with it. the sp however is slowly becoming a favorite of mine. i like the softer feel and grippy premier edition plastic. its definitely straighter but after cleaning it,it doesnt look all that beat up. im thinking this was a putting only sinus since its not warped at all.

i have two "neon orange" APs coming in tuesday,i cant wait to see them.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-08-2012, 12:58 AM
onemilemore's Avatar
onemilemore onemilemore is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Marcos, CA
Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by aothiom View Post
i've been preaching the merits of the sinus here on this forum for a good while - do a search! for an upshot disc it's almost as os as the zone, but with a tad more 'touch' involved because of the grippy plastic. beats in to s**t but will still hold a tight line to the basket.

not quite as comfortable a grip in the hands as the zone because of the thinner wing, but still one hell of a flat, stable monster that gets the job done.

i've been emailing tomas for over a year now to try and get the sinus in opto and it looks like it might just happen. i now keep both the sinus ap and a zone in the bag and both are just killer discs. my larger hands does quite like the zone as a 'go to', but that damn sinus always gets to strut its stuff.

bought ten over two years ago and still have five in stock, with two being in the bag lineup. the other three are backups waiting their turn.

and yes, those 'sandpapery' thumbpads work very well during rainy day play.
So if I were to choose between a Zone and a Sinus to complement the Pure, which would be your choice?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-08-2012, 01:46 AM
DESTRO's Avatar
DESTRO DESTRO is offline
Destroyer 3.0
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
yeah i read all the other sinus threads too les i like the feel of the sinus,the depth and lack of bead are what made me want to try it again. the plastic is the ****,very grippy. the ap is nice and when and if the opto sinus gets made, i will replace my ap with it. the sp however is slowly becoming a favorite of mine. i like the softer feel and grippy premier edition plastic. its definitely straighter but after cleaning it,it doesnt look all that beat up. im thinking this was a putting only sinus since its not warped at all.

i have two "neon orange" APs coming in tuesday,i cant wait to see them.
cool rick! where in heck did you find neon orange sinus's? dang bro, i'm jealous!

i think i've only seen them in white, yellow.... waitaminute, i think i did see them in orange at clearwater's! i ordered a couple from them last year and they both had the very old lat 64 'circular' stamps!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-08-2012, 01:55 AM
DESTRO's Avatar
DESTRO DESTRO is offline
Destroyer 3.0
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
So if I were to choose between a Zone and a Sinus to complement the Pure, which would be your choice?
try 'em both and decide. i love them both for very specific reasons, but ultimately the zone has more of a 'full' grip in the hand much like the opto pure.*

seriously though you gotta at least try 'em both.

the absolute best shot i love my sinus ap for is the anny release to let it land flat. especially when you're playing/throwing on very hilly terrain.

like i mentioned earlier, i'm a big dude with large hands (6' 3" 225 lbs) and the more rim i have to grip the better.

Last edited by DESTRO; 10-08-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-08-2012, 01:58 AM
MrGlass01's Avatar
MrGlass01 MrGlass01 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Glarus, WI
Posts: 3,866
the zone is nice and shallow too like the pure. opto sinus please id take a couple or seven.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-08-2012, 02:08 AM
freakinwizzz's Avatar
freakinwizzz freakinwizzz is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Goleta, CA
Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 717
so a sinus is like a zone???
Reply With Quote
 

  #20  
Old 10-08-2012, 02:12 AM
onemilemore's Avatar
onemilemore onemilemore is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Marcos, CA
Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by aothiom View Post


the absolute best shot i love my sinus ap for is the anny release to let it land flat. especially when you're playing/throwing on very hilly terrain.
This is the exact shot I was thinking of using the Sinus for. I may end up trying both, but my love of all things Lat will lead me to the Sinus first. Thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.