Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
Interview with Nate Doss-next

When: Wednesday, December 14th
Time:9:30 PM EST
Where:Disc Golf Talk Radio Live

As always if you have any questions for Nate just post them here.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 46
he seemed to have come back to 2011 with a mission, from a semi hiatus 2010. What his practice regimen like during his off time like or was it more dedicated to school and work?
Old 12-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 166
Can you ask how Nate feels about Chains the movie? Since most of it was filmed a while back he is portrayed as a young gun chasing Ken Climo in it. Now that the film is coming out the reality is that he at least Ken's equal if he has not already surpassed him (head to head, not historically).

Was the home field advantage for worlds this year the major factor in his win.

Does he see himself continuing to be a full time, travelling disc golfer, or does he plan to go back to a 9 to 5 job like he had previously.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 20
Masters Cup at Dela 2010, Hole 26a or whatever they called the hole right before top of the world. He and Valerie were spotting the Ams. I turned over my disc. It went off to the right down a hill into some poison oak. As I walked down the fairway toward my disc he pointed it out to me. I took my second shot, shook his hand and told him thanks alot!
My question: What disc did I throw?

Just wanted to say congratulations and way to keep it real. Real down to earth cool guy. Go NorCal!
Old 12-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 46
Keep it up man I think a lot of people have enjoyed these. I'm pretty excited about this one.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:00 AM
Double Eagle Member

Thanks!!!
Old 12-10-2011, 10:38 AM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.5
Courses Played: 586
Suggest seeking interviews with a wider array of movers and shakers who are involved with developing the sport versus only players who are currently mostly playing (true Jenkins and Feldberg are also Board members and clinicians). You've got other teaching pros like Mark Ellis and Tom Monroe, media people like John Duesler, Billy Crump and David Greenwell, promoters like Jonathon Poole, Pete May and Jeremy Rusco, designers like Stan McDaniel and John Houck, manufacturers like Harold Duvall and Dave McCormack, disc designers like Dave Dunipace and Jim Kenner, all-around veterans like Dan Stork Roddick and Gregg Hosfeld or administrators like Brian Graham and Dave Nesbitt. And there are several others in each of those categories.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
Suggest seeking interviews with a wider array of movers and shakers who are involved with developing the sport versus only players who are currently mostly playing (true Jenkins and Feldberg are also Board members and clinicians). You've got other teaching pros like Mark Ellis and Tom Monroe, media people like John Duesler, Billy Crump and David Greenwell, promoters like Jonathon Poole, Pete May and Jeremy Rusco, designers like Stan McDaniel and John Houck, manufacturers like Harold Duvall and Dave McCormack, disc designers like Dave Dunipace and Jim Kenner, all-around veterans like Dan Stork Roddick and Gregg Hosfeld or administrators like Brian Graham and Dave Nesbitt. And there are several others in each of those categories.
Well yeah that would be nice but hey in the real world it really takes time to do it. I have sent Mark Ellis a e-mail with no response. I recently sent John Duesler a e-mail but have not heard back so we will see.

It really would be great to do all these other people but right now it's more about learning and becoming more comfortable during the show. You have to remember that I do this as a side thing not as a full time job. Luckily there are really cool people here to help with questions. That helps more than you can imagine.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainchaser View Post
I have sent Mark Ellis a e-mail with no response.
try pinging him over on discgolfreview.com. he posts there a lot and i always love his quotes. my fav is "throwing a roller in the wind is like dating a stripper. it's gonna be fun but you never know how it's going to end."

Old 12-13-2011, 06:16 AM
Double Eagle Member

If you have anymore questions please post them