Old 02-21-2008, 03:24 PM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 273
Throwing Style: RHBH
Thumbs up Score Tracking

It's finally here.. score tracking!

I kind of want to call this a beta to let you guys play around with it, check to see if anything serious is broken and then I can flush all the stats and start with a fresh slate free of errors. The reason I am inclined to do that is there are a lot of things being tracked and a simple error can throw off quite a few stats.

I've been playing with it for a while now and I think I have most of the bugs ironed out. I will play around with it as well a little more before clearing out all the scores/stats and officially going live.

If you guys have any suggestions, comments, etc. please post'm here or email me.

To get to the score tracking, go to your dashboard and click the Scorebook tab and you're off. Only courses that are in your Played list are available for score tracking. Once I get all the bugs ironed out in the next day or two I plan on adding a button and possibly recent rounds to the course pages.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2008, 03:48 PM
*Administrator*

I just posted this on DGR and thought I'd cross-post here since it has some additional info:

You can take a peek at my profile at the link below to get an idea of what it looks like:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/scorebook.php?mid=1

The scores, etc. I have in their are bogus as I've been doing a lot of testing trying to nail down any bugs I could find. If you're already a member there please feel free to give it a test run, submit a few rounds and tell me what you think. I will probably integrate the scores into the course info pages.. something like Recent Rounds but I don't have plans for any sort of leaderboard since I think it would encourage some of the less honorable people to put in phony scores just to be on top.

I will be clearing out all scores/stats in the next day or two after testing is complete so don't start putting in all your rounds just yet
Old 02-21-2008, 04:13 PM
*Administrator*

One other thing you may/may not notice.. choosing a tee and/or par will fill in the appropriate spots on the scorecard if the site has that information for that course.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:15 PM

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 39
Send a message via AIM to adamn Send a message via MSN to adamn Send a message via Yahoo to adamn
I just started using dgscore.com and found yours to be similar. But if added to the site, it is a great asset. All of the features of a bunch of sites all bundled up in to one delicious site. I LIKES! It would be nice if the course you picked from your played list could incorporate the hole info into the score sheet. You would need to have the available option to edit this though with the varying pin location (some pins in a or b placements). That way, you wouldn't have to enter it yourself. I guess I'll have to start keeping count of my putts too just so I can fill out that section. At first, I thought it was pointless, but the more I think about it, the more you track, the more you can improve your game...
Old 02-21-2008, 04:20 PM
*Administrator*

Glad you like it

I addressed the par/distance thing 2 minutes before your post.. the site will grab the current pin position distances and pars assuming they've been entered in the course profile. The pars/distances are also editable in case one of the distances is off from the current course setup or the current pin position at the course hasn't been reflected as the current one here.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:32 AM

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 39
Send a message via AIM to adamn Send a message via MSN to adamn Send a message via Yahoo to adamn
Guess I better start writing those pin placements and distances down. I don't think any of the courses I play have them listed on this site...
Old 02-22-2008, 08:37 AM
*Administrator*

That would help.. plus you'd never have to manually enter the pars and distances in the scorecard again
Old 02-22-2008, 11:08 AM
*Administrator*

As far as I can tell, the score tracking is good to go. I've made some adjustments, fixed a few things and everything looks to be up and running with no show-stoppers to be found.

So feel free to start recording your rounds and if you notice anything funny let me know.

Enjoy!
Old 02-22-2008, 12:19 PM
*Administrator*

I added Average Score and # of Rounds to the course profiles and moved the current course rating up to the top of the list rather than being towards the bottom as it was. Any thoughts as far as the placement of the course rating? It seemed to make more sense than having it at the bottom (at least to me) but if you guys like it lower down I can move it back.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 36
Courses Played: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by timg View Post
I added Average Score and # of Rounds to the course profiles and moved the current course rating up to the top of the list rather than being towards the bottom as it was. Any thoughts as far as the placement of the course rating? It seemed to make more sense than having it at the bottom (at least to me) but if you guys like it lower down I can move it back.
I like having the course rating right at the top. That's the key thing I look for, so it's very visible and easy to see. It was a little hard to find before.

IMO, you don't need the Avg score. I think this is meaningless because you know nothing about the skill level of the people who recorded the scores. You have to know if those scores are by Pros, beginners, or what. By themselves scores really tell you nothing. Now SSA would be very nice to have (but that's also quite problematic to get).