Old 04-14-2014, 01:44 AM

Disc selection help

Hey guys I'm still fairly new to the game. I'm looking for a driver that's slightly flippy. My issue is I don't have enough snap on it though. I throw in the 250 range give it take 30ft consistently with a avenger SS. Any recommendations on disc to try? Or how I can get a bit more distance on my drives?
Old 04-14-2014, 02:30 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
I have the impression that Avenger SS is a pretty understable mold but if it isn't flippy for you you're probably not getting it up to speed so try something a little slower. Maybe an Underworld from Westside would suit you, they are fairly understable. DX Leopard would be a good choice too. When it beats in, get another in Pro plastic which last a good bit longer.

More distance comes with better technique, so just keep practicing and it it will come eventually. Take your putters to the field some day see how far you can throw them. Keep throwing and try to identify form flaws. Slower plastic requires better technique to fly far so don't any high speed drivers, they will most likely teach you bad habits as they mask form flaws and won't fly much if any further than your other discs.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:45 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
Agreed with what walde said, and in fact, I'd probably ditch anything as fast as an Avenger SS for now.

I'd add to the recommendations a Prodigy F7 (in 400 series plastic) or a Latitude 64 Fuse...

... but really, I'd be practicing more with those putters and mids.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:09 AM

No the avenger is pretty stable! I think a .5 if memory serves me right. But I throw it the most for drives. But I'm wanting to extend my drives a bit or find something for those right to left winds. I also have a X.S. I throw for drives but It falls about 30ft shorter than the avenger.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:06 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox20 View Post
No the avenger is pretty stable! I think a .5 if memory serves me right. But I throw it the most for drives. But I'm wanting to extend my drives a bit or find something for those right to left winds. I also have a X.S. I throw for drives but It falls about 30ft shorter than the avenger.
Even though the Avenger SS has a stability rating of 0.5, it's one of the most understable distance drivers from Discraft. By Innova's flight numbers it would probably be something like 10 / 5 / -3 / 1.

I've thrown that disc myself and it still holds my distance record of 233 feet (indoors). However, I gained some accuracy by switching to slower discs such as the Diamond Light from Latitude 64. I also throw the Hatchet from Westside Discs, which is somewhat similar to the A-SS at these distances, but it feels better in the hand and has more glide.

Last edited by RistoS; 04-14-2014 at 05:09 AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:12 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 24
Pro Leopard. I don't see how you could do better than that. You'll love it.

Old 04-14-2014, 05:43 AM

Okay thanks! I'll be picking some of those up very soon!