Old 11-15-2014, 05:36 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 14
All vibram bag?

I throw a pretty mixed bag, (see my signature for my bag) but recently ive been replacing discs with vibram counterparts (voodoos/wizards for a ridge, lace for another one of my drivers, etc.) and now that its winter im retiring my Fade Tourney fory Fade crunchbox as I wont need as many discs. I like the way vibram feels in the winter, but Ive been thinking about constructing a small 12-13 disc bag for the summer that is strictly vibram and carrying one of each mold. Has anyone done this? How does it work out?
Old 11-15-2014, 05:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 80
my buddy throws almost all rubbers, he makes it work

sounds expensive though id just throw what you normally do
Old 11-15-2014, 05:52 PM

Courses Played: 7
I carry my grip mini with all vibram, except for my Pro D buzz, which I simply can't replace. I carry an ibex, obex, 2 ascents, a trak, 2 soles, 2 laces, an unlace and an o-lace. I've slowly found different combinations of all of them so there are no overlaps in my bag, and if you only carry that many, its what you have to do. Takes a while, but for simplicity, its the way to go. Varying firmness and weight also can change flight characteristics. You just have to play around with the different discs you have. I'm always changing my bag up and trying new things, and its always due to the need for an improvement in my game.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:18 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
My friend only throws vibram, kind of weird in my opinion. I think he needs a firebird, but don't think vibram has anything even close.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:24 PM
* Ace Member *

vib would create a ton of holes i think. i mean you could get by...but would you really want to?
Old 11-15-2014, 06:29 PM
* Ace Member *

no speed 9s. no speed 11. no understable mid. no fb/pred/xxx utility wind fighter. no really overstable speed 7 fairway.

i just dont understand why would you want only rubbers? so many other companies have such great molds out there. youd be missing out.

are some vibram discs awesome? damm straight. does the rubber last a long time? yes.

but there are too little options with vibram to make a solid bag "solely" (haha get it??) out of just vibram discs
Old 11-15-2014, 06:31 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Their color schemes are horrible as well. It might just be my friend's bag though, but it seems like half his discs are green or camouflage colors.

Gaps galore, gaps galore.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:34 PM
* Ace Member *

more gaps than a brothel namsayin?

some colors are good they got a lot better about it. but some are discraft TI level crappy to find
Old 11-15-2014, 06:35 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 14
Not worried about gaps. Ive played entire 27 hole rounds of golf with a nuke or an olace or a sidewinder or a boss and shot well under.

Old 11-15-2014, 06:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.7
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
I wouldn't say a ton of holes, but maybe just a few definite ones. If you do it, you really do learn how to make your discs do what you need them to do...like we did 30 years ago with just one or two discs. I have watched a few of the Team Vibram guys play recently....sure didn't look like they were suffering holes at all to me.

I have been toying with an all rubber bag these last few weeks. But there are a couple of utility discs I probably couldn't live without. Opto Trident and Fuse come to mind right off. MVP Servo would be hard to drop, too. For now, I am doing the mixed bag, heavy on Vibram and see how it goes for now. I will say it does cost a bit trying different weights and firmness's looking for that slot filler you are after.