Old 04-25-2012, 05:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 45
Throwing Style: RHBH
Got my opto and tm today. Wonder how well the tm is going beat in.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2012, 05:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 28
Got my opto and tm pures in today. The Opto feels amazing in the hand. not too sure about the test. It feels kinda slick right now. Ill throw them some and maybe they will feel better
Old 04-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Threw my opto pure for the first time today. Love it for approaches! Mine is 176g so its a little heavier than Im used to putting with.. Although it didnt drop low, i did have more consistency with my zero line pures. I have a real snappy putt and the extra tackiness of the zeroline provided me more spin on the disc. My opto feels deeper than my zerolines (although subtle) as well which is great for short drives but not what I desire for putting. These opto pures have replaced the grip line in the bag...
Old 04-25-2012, 11:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmason1 View Post
Threw my opto pure for the first time today. Love it for approaches! Mine is 176g so its a little heavier than Im used to putting with.. Although it didnt drop low, i did have more consistency with my zero line pures. I have a real snappy putt and the extra tackiness of the zeroline provided me more spin on the disc. My opto feels deeper than my zerolines (although subtle) as well which is great for short drives but not what I desire for putting. These opto pures have replaced the grip line in the bag...
What's your prefered weight? the difference between a 170 and 176 should be minimal. I can't tell the difference with my putters.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:07 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 55
All 5 of my zero line pure's are 172 and today for leagues I decided to use the my new 175 TM pure. The TM pure feels as grippy as my zero line, which I've had for 13 months now. TM Pure seems to get dinged up easier than zero line. Putting at 175, I can definitely feel the difference. It felt more solid, it just felt better than 172. I have yet to decide but I'm sure I'll stick to the zero line for putting but move up in weight.

My 176 Opto Pure is keep. Does awesome driving in the wind and approach shots. Just what I was looking for in the opto pure.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:08 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
I throw 172g for my putters. It may have more to do with the fact that I dont putt with premium plastic, more than the weight. I didnt notice much drop with the opto, which is what I would expect from a heavier weight but I was just having more accurate releases with the Zeros.. For short drives and approaches though, Id grab the opto over a Gripline or zero. Nice disc and Im glad its finally in opto!

BTW - Do your guys' opto pures have a heavy flash? Mine are pretty heavy around the whole edge.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: LHBH
I got the TM2's i ordered today. All 172g. They definately molded up different than the Optos, lower shoulder, slightly lower parting line height and also smaller underwing. But they feel great. Great grip. nice texture and firmness.

The two white ones i got have very slight dayglo-green streaks through them. Didn't notice it until i was in sunlight. Looks real cool.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 3
has anyone tried to putt with the Opto Pure yet? I am thinking about taking it out my MVP ions in favor of just carrying the 1 mold.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmitch View Post
has anyone tried to putt with the Opto Pure yet? I am thinking about taking it out my MVP ions in favor of just carrying the 1 mold.
I honestly didn't like it for putting, but in all fairness I didn't get it to use as a putter. I like the Zeros for putting and intended to use the Opto for upshots.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 55
I didn't care for using the optos for putting b/c they felt like it slipped out of my hand but it was excellent for driving. Now the TM2 is awesome for putting.

fyi, volo has their TM on sale until the end of the month, so come on over to the dark side The owner just decide to put them on sale to see how they do.