Disc Golf Store
Old 04-26-2012, 03:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: LHBH
The optos putt okay. but the zero and grip are better for putting imho. The optos don't have much loft and can slide through the chains easy.

If i were to play a one-disc round, i'd choose an opto pure without question.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:07 AM
* Ace Member *

So more opto pure praise... i've never been more confident with any other approach disc before. Anything 200ft in i can reach from a standstill without over-fading or flipping over. It holds a high hyzer like a comet. Holds an anhyzer like a buzzz. Drives like a Ion.

I wonder if MikeC will try these.. I'll have Kachtz throw some this weekend at Hawk Hollow.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Going to get some throws in tonight at round. Cant wait
Old 04-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 3
Can't wait to toss mine for the first time today, been raining here everytime I get the chance. I am going to try and approach and putt with it to see what I think (leaving the MVP Ion at home for now).
Old 04-27-2012, 10:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHBH
These look pretty sweet. My putter situation is a little messy. The one-two punch of Opto and TM2 Pure has piqued my interest! I'm curious to see how the TM2's compare to my KC Pro Aviars with no bead left.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 5
Got mine today. Looks awesome. I got a blue, and it's nice and flat. All I've done is a few putts and short tosses in the backyard, so I can't wait to really throw it.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 17
Ol' Sloppy should be during his off today
Old 04-27-2012, 06:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 199
BINGO!!! Played an ugly round with brotherdave and Conner jones today. Not a great course for the Pure, but I got some throws in. Brotherdave was real helpful. Nothing like hearing 'throw the Pure' on the 514' uphill hole. Funny. I sucked pretty bad today, but made a couple decent approaches and possibly a couple passable drives with the Opto today. Love the feel. I didn't turn it over once even with my crappy form today. I will get in a few more rounds with it this weekend, but my initial feel is WOW! I loved it off the tee. Mini Buzzz is a very good description. My one good tee shot was a very slight hyzer release down a tunnel for about an effortless 240' shot. No real rip or anything. It held the line the hole way with a slight fade. Very slight. It's such a nice feeling disc, I don't even feel guilty about the 8 Opto's and 2 Test Runs I bought.

Test Material 2 is better feeling than the 1st Test Material. But I'm not sure if it is an mprovement over Zero. But I would only use the base for putting anyway. I didn't use the Test Runs as I am still putting with a Swan2 anyway. But if the Opto takes all my Jokeri throws plus the Grip Line throws I usually make, I might consider trying the Pure for putts and ditching the Swan2 eventually. They are close enough I think I could adjust fine.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:15 PM

I just want to know if anyone has putted with the opto pures... I putt with star xd's, drive with them also, and just wanted to know the flight of them at putting speed. I could not care less about sticking in the basket, I just want to know how they fly. I do not want to putt with star xd's anymore, I love them as drivers. Are they a little overstable for putting. I hope so...

Old 04-27-2012, 10:45 PM
* Ace Member *

they fly like any beadless putter inside 3 meters.... or they fly like Grip Line pures. they don't stick to chains very well and you will blow throughs and spit outs. don't recommend putting with optos. Choose one of the other 3 plastics.