*I whine a lot*

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU View Post
^^^
no need to wonder
the GL Pure has taken the Opto out of my bag

yes...it is that good
After reading this I ran to Dynamic Discs website and ordered the Captain America Gold Line Pure.

I couldnt wait for the stock release. I needed a lighter pure anyways my Opto is like 178.5g.

http://www.dynamicdiscs.net/Dynamic-...Dye-p/3043.htm
Old 07-13-2012, 12:14 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
I have to admit, I wouldn't have bought an Opto Pure if it wasn't for this thread. I've owned it for two weeks now and I've gotten rid of all my mid ranges other than the Discraft Storms. Wow, the Opto Pure stays straight with very little end fade. I love it. This disc has taken three strokes off my game. Instead of finishing mid pack in the rec division I now finish in the top three.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:17 PM
*I whine a lot*

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfellmy View Post
I have to admit, I wouldn't have bought an Opto Pure if it wasn't for this thread. I've owned it for two weeks now and I've gotten rid of all my mid ranges other than the Discraft Storms. Wow, the Opto Pure stays straight with very little end fade. I love it. This disc has taken three strokes off my game. Instead of finishing mid pack in the rec division I now finish in the top three.
Ya Opto pure changed my approach game. Now I am hopeful the GL Pure does it again.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Can't wait for the GL! Oh wait, I can. I just can't stomach someone dyeing over Gold Line plastic, man! It's too sexy!
Old 07-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 40
Got my GL Pure out today... birdied the first five holes with park jobs. Would've birdied the sixth, but I flubbed the putt. Want to know how to make a laser beam even straighter? Replace your Opto Pure with a GL Pure. YMMV.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 7
Three Pure setup?

Tee: Opto
Upshot: GL
Putt: Zero. Personally I'd use a Swan 1, but a Zero is almost an even exchange.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarel View Post
zero should be brought back
tm2 is really grippy like zero
Old 07-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Can't wait for the GL! Oh wait, I can. I just can't stomach someone dyeing over Gold Line plastic, man! It's too sexy!
Actually it can look pretty sweet if you choose the right disc and do it right. The more dull gl discs are better for this, but I put a hot pink-ish solid dye on a light silver pearly Striker and it really made it pop. I've seen some neat gold and dark orange gl dyes, too. I agree with you, though...most of them are pretty enough as is!
Old 07-17-2012, 04:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 199
Ok, I got issues. I have used my new GL Pure for 4 rounds now, and I am not in love with it yet. I haven't played very well those rounds, but so far I haven't made one decent approach with it. I have flipped it a few times and have just thrown a few crappy hyzers that fell well short. I am starting to get nervous. Anyone else notice this big a difference between GL and Opto? Or am I just letting my crappy play cloud my judgement? It almost feels more Fuse-like to me than Pure-like. My Opto is a 175 and the GL is a 177.

BTW, pulled out a slightly used Grip on a risky approach and threw a perfect shot between some trees and avoided the creek and hillside nearby. Stood there for a moment thinking damn?! Should I just hoard Grips. Doubt is a funny thing.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppydisc View Post
Ok, I got issues. I have used my new GL Pure for 4 rounds now, and I am not in love with it yet. I haven't played very well those rounds, but so far I haven't made one decent approach with it. I have flipped it a few times and have just thrown a few crappy hyzers that fell well short. I am starting to get nervous. Anyone else notice this big a difference between GL and Opto? Or am I just letting my crappy play cloud my judgement? It almost feels more Fuse-like to me than Pure-like. My Opto is a 175 and the GL is a 177.

BTW, pulled out a slightly used Grip on a risky approach and threw a perfect shot between some trees and avoided the creek and hillside nearby. Stood there for a moment thinking damn?! Should I just hoard Grips. Doubt is a funny thing.
I've had the same problems. I'm not giving up on it yet, but it doesn't do what my Grip did, which is what made me fall in love with the Pure in the first place. I'll give it a few more weeks of field work and see how it feels. It's a great approach disc though, so it wasn't a waste of money no matter what happens.