Old 08-21-2013, 10:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 418
I threw a Pure around today; a slighty beat up 177g Opto Line.

Flew pretty nicely; in a decent tailwind it flipped to flat from a slight hyzer, and flew straight until the very end of its flight. In a headwind, I definitely OATed the hell out of it on a few throws, but also got a few clean releases (aka low power) that flew pretty straight too.

Reminds me of my champ Aviars; probably a little bit beefier. But it also is heavier than my Aviars, so who knows. Seems like a quality standard, stable putter. Didn't do any actual putting with it, heh heh.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:57 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: LHBH
I just played a putter only round with a 175 Opto Pure I've had in my stash for a while.

I was pleasantly surprised with the distance, out to about 230' or so, which is further than I've ever thrown a putter before. I played a little 9 hole par three that i usually end up 2 under or so, and made par.

Very impressed with the Pure.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
awwwwww yeah. i still love my opto pure. never coming out of the bag. mine is getting beaten in pretty well; has some high speed turn on it now, sadly - used to not turn at all, EVER - but if you throw it nose up and hard it will BOMB. 270-300 pretty consistently.

i attribute my league win last sunday to my opto pure - nailed five deuces in a row to come back, four of which were parked with my opto pure less than 7 feet from the basket. disc has saved my tail many a time, it's like an old friend despite owning it for only a brief spring/summer.

however, it's board flat, almost concave now. has some high speed turn but if you throw it nose up it will bomb on a straight line for 270-300' with zero fade. tried to replace it with a RGL that had more high speed turn and more low speed fade; didn't like it at all. gonna run out to GGGT and seek a replacement today.

one disc i'm never getting rid of, that's for sure. i love not having to worry about power levels. pure covers so many shots i'd normally throw a mid for.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:40 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 15
I've been throwing my original pink Opto Pure about ... 18 + times per round (it has pretty much taken over almost everything 275 and in) all summer long and it still can't be used for turnovers. I have to put it on a slight anny to get any turn out of that lazer straight flight at all. I have a fresh day-glo green Opto waiting in the bag to play the stable to the Pink's under stable as soon as I can get it to wear in a bit!

I need the Pinky to wear in for something like Hole 8 at hyland, short little turnover shot that is slow and controllable. My Fuse blows by because it is so sneaky long and glidey.

I have an RGL also, and it is a touch domier than the Opto's, and with it I think a little more LSS. Didn't notice any less HSS though. Pretty much the same disc just slight amount more beef on the fade for me.

Last edited by Jkosk; 08-30-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 12
I tried to replace my Opto Pure with a Fuzion Judge, but it just didn't work. The Judge is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but the Opto Pure is just fabulous.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
i love not having to worry about power levels. pure covers so many shots i'd normally throw a mid for.
I could definitely see that - the Warship and Tursas are about only mids I can throw significantly further.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
I could definitely see that - the Warship and Tursas are about only mids I can throw significantly further.
The Warship, Tursas, and Fuse in my opinion are all very sneaky long due to the glide they possess. So I agree with you there. I've never thrown a mid longer than my Fuse. I can pump that thing out to my Eagle's distance if it's calm and I have room to work it.

Warship and Tursas are also on the slightly faster side for mids, if I am remembering correctly.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkosk View Post
The Warship, Tursas, and Fuse in my opinion are all very sneaky long due to the glide they possess. So I agree with you there. I've never thrown a mid longer than my Fuse. I can pump that thing out to my Eagle's distance if it's calm and I have room to work it.

Warship and Tursas are also on the slightly faster side for mids, if I am remembering correctly.
Warship is labelled 6, and Tursas 5, but Warship almost seems like a fairway in the mold of a mid. Tursas I'm finding as long or even longer than the 'ship - amazing disc.

Which makes the Pure at 3 all the more amazing.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:29 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkosk View Post
I've been throwing my original pink Opto Pure about ... 18 + times per round (it has pretty much taken over almost everything 275 and in) all summer long and it still can't be used for turnovers. I have to put it on a slight anny to get any turn out of that lazer straight flight at all. I have a fresh day-glo green Opto waiting in the bag to play the stable to the Pink's under stable as soon as I can get it to wear in a bit!

I need the Pinky to wear in for something like Hole 8 at hyland, short little turnover shot that is slow and controllable. My Fuse blows by because it is so sneaky long and glidey.

I have an RGL also, and it is a touch domier than the Opto's, and with it I think a little more LSS. Didn't notice any less HSS though. Pretty much the same disc just slight amount more beef on the fade for me.
Get a ZH for turn overs! They are AMAZING! I try to carry at least 3 pures for any round. I have a beat in ZH that I can hyzer flip to the perfectly smooth anny line and hold it all the way to the ground. For fun I went out when it was windy (10-15mph...we dont get a lot of wind in this part of the NW, i know) and threw my beat ZH with a tailwind. Flipped it up and watched it glide out to 330'. Note: I throw my buzzzes out to 300-315' and my fairways up to 350-360' on the course on a regular day. Of course I cranked on this thing and got a great snap, but it was fun to watch.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 16
got meself a new opto pure. nice neon pink to match my ZH pure. flies just like i remember. i do love my broken in one, but it's seen too many one-disc rounds with trees and mulligans . . . i was playing like 3 full rounds a day at one point this summer.

still lovin' it.