Old 09-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 21
Anyone know if they make white opto pures? I've never seen any white opto discs but I think it would be sweet!
Old 09-10-2013, 05:36 PM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
got meself a new opto pure. nice neon pink to match my ZH pure. flies just like i remember. i do love my broken in one, but it's seen too many one-disc rounds with trees and mulligans . . . i was playing like 3 full rounds a day at one point this summer.

still lovin' it.
Annnnnnd it's out of the Sig? Lol. I never clicked with the Opto Pure
Old 09-10-2013, 05:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post
Annnnnnd it's out of the Sig? Lol. I never clicked with the Opto Pure
Haha, yeah but never out of my thoughts. Did a complete putter overhaul and it lost out to the PA4 since the pa4 actually feels and molds up like the same disc across plastics, unlike zero and opto, for driving and putting.

I forgot my pa4 at leagues this sunday and the pure stepped in to get me 3 crucial parkjobs. And 2nd. So definitely never completely gone. I love that disc, just me trying to be picky. I like the way the pa4 putts a bit better, too. It's straighter than the pure for longer.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenlock09 View Post
Anyone know if they make white opto pures? I've never seen any white opto discs but I think it would be sweet!
did you see that one in the default pic on marshall street, too?

honestly, that pic alone made me search for days on end for a white opto pure, lol.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:11 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 18
My opto pure has quietly become the most used disc in my bag. I have a bunch of pures that I carry. I putt with an old zero, bag a back up zero, have an Eze for turn over putter shots and then my opto for pretty much any approach shot and drives 250 and under. I can get my opto to 280-290 but rarely like to throw it that hard. I really could ditch my mids and just have a couple opto pures.

I'm always wondering about discs... Would rivers be better than my leopards, it's this better than that ect... But I never ever question my opto pure, or any of my pures. I have 4 optos that have never been thrown. I just see them, love them and buy them.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 34
My GL Pure has a little turn. Just the right amount..

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenlock09 View Post
There's white Opto. Well, Lucid. Seen white Lucid Truths and Stilettos. Both Am Worlds stamps actually, come to think about it...

Last edited by LoPan12; 09-11-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Love how nicely my gl pure is beating in. Soon I'll probably be able to take the beat zero pure out of my bag because my gl will be there and add the opto back in, I took it out when I got the gl because of how similar they were.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
I went out for a mids-n-putters round - Rocs, Stingrays, Suspect, Opto Pure and my usual Wizards for putts. I haven't thrown my Pure since spring and man, I forgot how good it was! I got a couple 300' drives, unbelievably straight. Out drove my buddy's midranges both times, and he's usually the better arm. This guy might be goin back in the bag, except I think it's too fast for an approach disc. That's the only reason I took it out in the first place.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by whentherainscome View Post
I went out for a mids-n-putters round - Rocs, Stingrays, Suspect, Opto Pure and my usual Wizards for putts. I haven't thrown my Pure since spring and man, I forgot how good it was! I got a couple 300' drives, unbelievably straight. Out drove my buddy's midranges both times, and he's usually the better arm. This guy might be goin back in the bag, except I think it's too fast for an approach disc. That's the only reason I took it out in the first place.
that's why i use the zero pure.

after much trials and tribulations, briefly entertaining the notion of using other discs in that crucial spot, my beat to hell zero pure is again my long distance "run it" putter and approach disc, beating out my two summits. booya. putter tryouts just about finished . . . thank god.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
I do better work with Wizards under 150', BH and FH. On the other hand they're a little deeper and a little harder for me to really drive. I generally only used them to 230' before I switch to the Suspect or mids.

Today I just wanted to see how smooth my power drives, such as they are, were. Pretty dang smooth on a flat release, but it was turning the Pure out of my hyzer lines, so I think it's time to do a few 1-disc rounds. It's my "Comet" in terms of checking on and cleaning up my form.