Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
^ same here lol. i want a ds and kat
Old 12-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 34
Send a message via AIM to superium
I just wanna know whats going on with my carbonated disc dammitt!
Old 12-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
IM on a spending freeze, so none for me. Unless some of yall hate them and want to trade them to me... HINT HINT!!
Old 12-19-2011, 11:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 59
I ordered a Destroyer from DGV. Will have a review soon!
Old 12-19-2011, 11:46 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 8
Wraith-Blizzard.jpg

I got my Blizzard Wraith today, very domey with a long scar of bubbles on the top rim. Says 148, scales 149.9. Flight plate very flexible. Can see why this one is a second, but can't wait to see it fly.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:50 PM
Marketplace Guru

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoast View Post
Attachment 19666

I got my Blizzard Wraith today, very domey with a long scar of bubbles on the top rim. Says 148, scales 149.9. Flight plate very flexible. Can see why this one is a second, but can't wait to see it fly.
holy dome!
Old 12-20-2011, 08:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.2
grrrrr somebody throw one...pwetty pweeze? i need to spend money somehow
Old 12-20-2011, 08:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
grrrrr somebody throw one...pwetty pweeze? i need to spend money somehow
I will get in some throws on Wednesday, only have smaller courses near my drive home, so I will not be able to totally unleash it, but it should give me a little idea how it flies.

Thursday will be a far better day for throwing and I have six new discs to take out. Definitely going to be a fun day... or a long day searching for new discs that did not fly how I expected them to.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 242
I can provide a review of the Blizzard discs.

About me: First, I only throw light weight drivers. I like to keep drivers under 159 grams. I am literally an old woman. I throw RHBH and max out around 325 ft. All the Blizzards have a gummy flexibility like most lightweight Champion discs. All the discs tested are Blizzard X-parts since the regular run won't be released until January.

Blizzard Boss - I always have a lightweight R-Pro Boss in the bag. I don't have any issues with this plastic beating up too fast - but that is another story. My R-Pro Boss is an awesome flyer with a very predictable high speed turn and a stable finish, even into the wind. It has a nice turn and I rely on it to fade back. I have thrown three different 150 Blizzard Bosses and they all perform exactly like a lightweight R-Pro Boss. Great flip, great distance and predictable finish. (I have never thrown a heavy Champion Boss, so I can't compare.)

Blizzard Wraith - My 19 year old daughter loved the 145 Orange Blizzard Wraith. Her favorite drivers are a lightweight DX Wraith and a 150 Champion Valkyrie. She is a casual player that only throws about 200 and she was able to throw these at least 50 feet farther than her super domey DX Wraith with very little effort. They seem to cover flaws in technique rather well, perfect for newer players. I also liked the 145 Blizzard Wraith as well. It performed exactly like a slightly used 150 DX Wraith for me. Very easy to flip up and get that distance.

Blizzard Katana - One of the longest drivers in my bag WAS a 159 Star Katana from JO. Until I threw a Blue 150 Blizzard. I also tested a yellow 127. That's right folks - a 127 gram Blizzard Champion Katana! The 127 also floated in water! The 150 Blue Katana flips up beautifully and performs just like the Katana should. It flips up fast and goes a long way with just the right amount of fade at the end. The 127 was amazing as well. It was not overly flippy - but I wouldn't throw it in a headwind. It was easy to throw far and I was able to roll it as well. The Blizzard Blue 150 has already replaced the 159 JO Star Katana as it seems to go farther with less effort

Blizzard Destroyer - I have experience with the Japan Open Destroyers: both the awesome easy turning Merlot Champs and the Super Stable JO Stars. The Blizzard Destroyer I tried was chartreuse and 150 grams. I don't have enough power to flip a Destroyer naturally, I have to exaggerate my anhyzer release with nose down to get any kind of turnover. However, these did start to flip, but came back predictably. I can throw a nice flex shot with these with that guaranteed fade. Haven't had the chance to test it in headwinds yet, but it seems a touch more HSS than the Merlots. (Destroyers over 165 are really too much disc for me. Only useful for extreme hyzer shots or high headwind drives.)

I also threw several TeeDevils. However, I don't have any experience with a regular TeeDevil to compare. I tried a 135, a 145 and a 150. They all flew similarly despite the weight differences. They flipped up fast and finished straight. I was able to roll the lighter one.

So far the durability seems just like regular Champion. Time will tell how long they keep the flight characteristics before getting beat.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 23
Excellent reviews Suzette, think I'm gonna pull the trigger and buy some of these now.

Better not take them out to Prado on a "windy" day though LOL