Disc Golf Store
Old 11-09-2014, 09:46 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Blue Ribbon Pines

I just wanted to make a thread dedicated to this course. Whether it's specific hole discussion and what lines to take, meet-ups, events and leagues, whatever you want.

I'm still pretty new to the forums. I've been playing this course pretty much every weekend since July and have played with plenty of people on the course, all nice people... and would be cool to put faces to names on here, hopefully get some advice and improve my game, etc.

What are your favorite holes, least favorites, and why? Which do you play safe on and which do you hail mary? What are your most used discs on the course? What leagues do you play in and how are you doing? What are your best scores?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2014, 10:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 88
Here is me from the 2011 Minnesota Majestic - June 2012 Innova Calendar. No need to say which hole this is.

Just so that you can see my face.

About a 1/4 of the way down the fairway.

Most people complain about this hole, but it is just a matter of discovering the window. I have no problems with this hole.

Last edited by smarkquart; 11-09-2014 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:03 PM
Bogey Member

Awesome pics, thanks man. I'm content if I just take a 5 on that hole. I usually just drive a putter down the middle haha. Every once in a while I go for a driver, but it usually just smacks a tree and I end up laying up to the fairway anyways. Definitely room for improvement.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:10 PM
Bogey Member

For the 90 degree mando, I usually just flick and go for a safe 3, birdie if my putting is on point.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 1150
One of my favorite memories in my history of playing this game was in the majestic last year, I started on hole 7, so I finished with "the gauntlet." I went 3-3-3 on the three hardest holes on the course, 4-5-6 of the majestic layout, didn't matter that the rest of my round wasn't that great, I pulled off what very few ever do.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revuh View Post
For the 90 degree mando, I usually just flick and go for a safe 3, birdie if my putting is on point.
Overstable mid, spike anhyzer (RHBH); if it makes the initial gap it will likely try to flatten out right at the elbow. It does require a little luck if it cuts early, but I almost always have a fighting chance for a birdie.

As for Hole 3 in current layout (old Hole 4), I usually reach for a mid or putter, float it down the middle, and try to clear the dip 1/2 way down the fairway. At that point it should be a long three or easy four. This ONE time during the Majestic I reached for a driver and absolutely crushed it. Easy three that time. I have hit a two once, threes can be counted on one hand, but I average 4.5 on this hole.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 16
I like the 90 degree hole. Only hole where I've walked up and thought "wtf???". I do not trust myself to hit that sky anny line, I just can't throw them. So I throw my little left hand putter roller with an aviar around the corner and have a good chance for two.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:14 AM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dewgarita View Post
One of my favorite memories in my history of playing this game was in the majestic last year, I started on hole 7, so I finished with "the gauntlet." I went 3-3-3 on the three hardest holes on the course, 4-5-6 of the majestic layout, didn't matter that the rest of my round wasn't that great, I pulled off what very few ever do.
That's amazing. I'm not positive on the Majestic layout, but my guess is 2-3 are separate, 4 is the Signature tunnel shot, 5 is the looong anhyzer for RHBH, and 6 is the water hazard? 3-3-3 blows my mind... hahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
Overstable mid, spike anhyzer (RHBH); if it makes the initial gap it will likely try to flatten out right at the elbow. It does require a little luck if it cuts early, but I almost always have a fighting chance for a birdie.

As for Hole 3 in current layout (old Hole 4), I usually reach for a mid or putter, float it down the middle, and try to clear the dip 1/2 way down the fairway. At that point it should be a long three or easy four. This ONE time during the Majestic I reached for a driver and absolutely crushed it. Easy three that time. I have hit a two once, threes can be counted on one hand, but I average 4.5 on this hole.
For the past week or two, hole 2-3 have been separated and 4 has been the typical signature tunnel shot. I can't even imagine taking a 2 on that hole... that's bonkers
Old 11-10-2014, 12:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revuh View Post
That's amazing. I'm not positive on the Majestic layout, but my guess is 2-3 are separate, 4 is the Signature tunnel shot, 5 is the looong anhyzer for RHBH, and 6 is the water hazard? 3-3-3 blows my mind... hahah

For the past week or two, hole 2-3 have been separated and 4 has been the typical signature tunnel shot. I can't even imagine taking a 2 on that hole... that's bonkers
Find the 2009 Clash Video of BRP. Cale hits a two on that hole with a very impressive drive and aggressive upshot.

Old 11-10-2014, 12:20 AM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
I like the 90 degree hole. Only hole where I've walked up and thought "wtf???". I do not trust myself to hit that sky anny line, I just can't throw them. So I throw my little left hand putter roller with an aviar around the corner and have a good chance for two.
Left handed putter roller? wtf...