Old 03-27-2013, 08:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 32.8
Courses Played: 117
Sure you can walk. Over 3 miles on the Creekside course. I imagine Lakeside is shorter. No benches.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:57 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
I have never played Flip and given Bill less than 10.00. I consider it a donation course and I am more than willing to drop some coin to play one of the nicest disc golf experiences around.
I have yet to play Flip, but plan on donating much more than a single dollar. To me, having a top course within a (relatively) short drive of my vacation property is an investment well worth making.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodney View Post
Sure you can walk. Over 3 miles on the Creekside course. I imagine Lakeside is shorter. No benches.
looks pretty flat though... not too much work to walk.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 124
And the walk from CS 18 to LS 1 or from LS18 to CS 1 is probably about a half mile. If you rent a cart and start 8-9 in the morning you should have no problem playing the shorts and longs on both courses.

Honestly i think you'd be more worn out from walking both once then from carting around four times.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:42 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 54
You can definitely walk both courses with the long days right now and get them both in and then some. However, the cart makes for quite an interesting experience unto it's own! You can really appreciate the course design that much more when you see how the cart can navigate the property as well (not possible on a lot of courses!).

The $30 cart fee is NOT mandatory. The $20 daily greens fee is WELL worth it.

Look, you can SAY you are just going to play one quick round with your family, but that property is so large there's no way for them to "track" your movements and make sure you actually leave after playing one round.

It's actually quite absurd to think the owners should rely on people's honesty/fairness if they were to allow a "discounted" single round. There would be all kinds of "riff-raff" trying to take advantage of them.

And whomever said they are reconsidering going to play these killer courses because of Dave's email? HAHAAAAHAHAHHHAHAAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA...ho oo-kay. Do yourself a favor and come down from that horse before you catch a nosebleed.

I'd let Dave ride on the cart with me, hurl insults, sermonize me with fire-and-brimstone the whole time, laugh when I throw in the water and OB, post untrue negative things about my form on my facebook page, then accidentally double-charge me when we got back, and would STILL have enjoyed the golf. It's that good!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 56
There is also a parking area at lakeside. Ideally you could park there, play 1-18 at lakeside, and walk a short distance from LS18 to CS14 and start there. There is a decent walk from CS 13 where you would end to 14 anyway and the parking area is 100 yds from there, not too bad.

Even though the elevation isnt massive, its a long walk to play both courses on foot without much of a break. If you got there early in the day, and hopefully had a few buddies with you, a cart would be well worth the $30
Old 03-27-2013, 09:51 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 54
I was actually surprised b/c I was thinking the courses were flatter, but there were plenty of elevation changes to make it interesting. Not at all flat like some people suggest!

It's not like Austin Ridge necessarily, but it certainly ain't Wilco or Roy Geurrero (i.e. if you are an Austin player).
Old 03-27-2013, 10:07 AM
Bogey Member

I think I'd pay $50 for one of those ribeyes and that skillet of pork 'n eggs... (and a Shiner)!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 32.8
Courses Played: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by discoriented View Post
I think I'd pay $50 for one of those ribeyes and that skillet of pork 'n eggs... (and a Shiner)!
We ate (and drank) like kings.

It's really tough to beat the setup for 5-6 guys. Or two families of 3-4.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 124
Has anyone stayed in the cottages? I hear they're nice. I've stayed in the corral house every time.

Maybe a better question is has anybody stayed in both the corral house and the cottages? compare and contrast?