Old 03-30-2013, 09:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 32.7
Courses Played: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrhouck View Post
OK, Rodney, I have the tee sign and the real numbers for Lakeside #15. It sounds like maybe you're using a combination of internet distance, memory distance, and Shiner distance.

Using laser distance, the blue tee to the red tee is actually 231'. And before we planted the new trees, it was just 261' from the blue tee to the end of the woods.

Basically, we extended the alley through the woods by about about another 100'. So the "perfect" drive on that hole is about a 400' rope that goes straight for the first 360' (downhill), and then can fade off a little right or left. If you execute that shot, you'll be looking at a righty hyzer and a lefty hyzer that we cleared through the woods. One more great shot, and you're putting for eagle.

The other main option is a big righty hyzer off the tee to a large landing area near the creek. Then two shots to get home.
831-510=321.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 199
End of thread driftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post
As a native Texan, copperheads are generally good for the environment and won't bite you unless it looks like you're reaching to pick them up. Be mindful of where you sit, walk and reach and you should be OK. You have more to fear from fire ants than you do snakes.

If you see a copperhead, let him know you're there, stay still and watch him intently and he will almost always leave in the other direction.

Please don't kill them. They look cool and they are cool.

Ok, I live on NC. Last time I heard we lead the Nation in snake bites. I hate the f*ckers. Sorry for the foul language, but I watched one streak across my patio once and literally go straight for my 3 year old daughter. I hold a grudge. Pretty much forever. Copperheads can be aggressive and dangerous. I'll go to Selah someday in the winter, or come prepared. I am a snake magnet. I could play in Antarctica and land a disc on a snake.

Selah looks awesome. Can't wait for the chance to play there, and pay pretty much whatever they ask. Thanks to all those that have posted for cool, photos and info.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:38 PM
International Hair Champion

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: RHBH
I had a copperhead spew venom at me once in my garage, I'm sure he was a sweet fellow but I'm more important .
Old 03-30-2013, 10:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 92
I guess the snakes in Texas are too busy doing their own thing to care about "hunting" humans.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:59 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post
I guess the snakes in Texas are too busy doing their own thing to care about "hunting" humans.
Copperheads are beautiful reptiles. We didn't kill them unless they were around the house, and the dogs usually took care of that (our dachshund got bit several times over her lifetime while killing copperheads). When I encountered them in the woods I figured they had as much right to be there as I.

Throughout my life I have heard those tales about aggressive snakes, especially the "evil" cottonmouth moccasin but all of the ones I encountered just wanted to get away. Even the one I stepped on in tall grass didn't strike and beat it toward the water. I used to swim our pond right up into dusk (the whippoorwills were singing before I was ready to give it up) when the water snakes came out in force but none were ever aggressive.

Curtis
Old 03-30-2013, 11:26 PM
Rick Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis_Valk View Post
Copperheads are beautiful reptiles. We didn't kill them unless they were around the house, and the dogs usually took care of that (our dachshund got bit several times over her lifetime while killing copperheads). When I encountered them in the woods I figured they had as much right to be there as I.

Throughout my life I have heard those tales about aggressive snakes, especially the "evil" cottonmouth moccasin but all of the ones I encountered just wanted to get away. Even the one I stepped on in tall grass didn't strike and beat it toward the water. I used to swim our pond right up into dusk (the whippoorwills were singing before I was ready to give it up) when the water snakes came out in force but none were ever aggressive.

Curtis
That whole post gives me the heebie jeebies.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:29 AM
.:Master Course Designer:.

Years Playing: 38.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodney View Post
831-510=321.
Ah, tee sign distance. Forgive me.

I believe the blue distance is measured on the three-shot route, which is how we'd expect most people to play the hole. The route from the red tee is pretty direct.

Give me a few days to check into that. Happy Easter, everyone.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 32.7
Courses Played: 117
Ah, that probably makes sense. I'm easy to confuse!
Old 03-31-2013, 11:45 AM
.:Master Course Designer:.

Years Playing: 38.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodney View Post
Ah, that probably makes sense. I'm easy to confuse!
Not an easy as I am, apparently. Sorry about that.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyCritters View Post
That whole post gives me the heebie jeebies.
Sorry, that was not my intent. Just pointing out that as a kid I logged thousands of hours in the woods and around ponds and never had a problem. Much of that time was in spring rains when runoff and rising waters get all types of reptiles moving. I'm sure that sloppydisc or anyone else can enjoy Selah without worry any time of year, especially as clean as the place seems to be.

Curtis