Old 04-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 121
Throwing Style: RHBH
^thanks for the info. I've only eaten at the waffle house in Mt Vernon but it was goooood.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 32.5
Courses Played: 117
We had breakfast (BYOShiner) at Daysi's on Main St in Mt Vernon. A little slow (isn't everything in Texas), but it was good authentic mexican food -- get a breakfast burrito (only tree-fitty!). They have a fantastic deck out back. Although I wouldn't put a lot of stock into their long-term survivability. The local pancake shop (Dairy Barn, I think) was highly recommended but it looked too busy for us.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 198
Funny!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydisc View Post
Rock Ridge? Is Cleavon Little the course pro?
No, but it is Mr. Houck's NC wooded course. It should be tough, fair, and different from anything else we have in the Raleigh area. It isn't done, but we're getting there.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:02 PM
* Ace Member *

With demand for Selah going up among disc golfers, I see needing to reserve the Corral House months in advance of my next trip. But how will that play with events going on out there? I'd be fairly PO'd if I made my reservations and then a "Paige and Eric" fundraiser type thing got approved for the same weekend. And on a bigger scale, I reckon it's impossible to stay there (with an expectation of playing disc golf) the same weekend as Am World Doubles. But the PDGA schedule isn't usually set until Oct/Nov, right?

John or Hickersons, if you're reading this, can you answer how that scheduling will take place? Is the weekend for Am World Doubles already picked for next year? I mean, I'm going in March-ish next year, and I'll certainly want to reserve the Corral House before Oct/Nov.

(Obviously I'll e-mail John if he doesn't respond here. Again, just posting here as I figured it was of general interest.)
Old 04-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Planning a trip down to Selah for May - have been meaning to play it my last two trips down but no excuses this time! Anyone played it recently?
Old 04-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: LHBH
Played Zboaz, Saddle Hills and the new Azle course today. I'm a lobster from the sun. All were first play throughs.

Z Boaz: If I remember correctly, I wouldn't call hole 14 fair. I'm all for technical shots and placement over distance, but from what I saw, there's not a line to the basket. Random trees through all of 14's fairway. I'm tempted to list 18 as well, although its not as bad as 14.

Saddle Hills: lots of blind shots, especially from the longs. If I wasn't with someone who knew the layout, I would have been lost many times. I'm just starting to dabble with long boxes. This was a tough course! The wind today made it interesting. Great use of the land it's on. Nice change of pace with elevation shots. Loved the holes where the creek comes into play.

Azle: short course! We finished in an hour fifteen, and that's with taking our time and unloading our bags on some of the ace runs (there are a lot). Course mainly plays around a baseball/soccer field, with some into the woods holes. Leave your drivers at home. I think the longest hole was around 350. Concrete pads, tee signs, easy navigation. Bit of a walk from 18 to the parking lot (hole 1). Overall fun, nothing too challenging. Good to experience if you are on the west side of the metroplex.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:25 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: LHBH
And wow, posted in the wrong thread. Could a mod move that to DFW thread? Thanks!
Old 04-08-2013, 12:55 PM

Courses Played: 14
playing this weekend for our annual trip out. hope to see some of yall out there.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodney View Post
With demand for Selah going up among disc golfers, I see needing to reserve the Corral House months in advance of my next trip. But how will that play with events going on out there? I'd be fairly PO'd if I made my reservations and then a "Paige and Eric" fundraiser type thing got approved for the same weekend. And on a bigger scale, I reckon it's impossible to stay there (with an expectation of playing disc golf) the same weekend as Am World Doubles. But the PDGA schedule isn't usually set until Oct/Nov, right?

John or Hickersons, if you're reading this, can you answer how that scheduling will take place? Is the weekend for Am World Doubles already picked for next year? I mean, I'm going in March-ish next year, and I'll certainly want to reserve the Corral House before Oct/Nov.

(Obviously I'll e-mail John if he doesn't respond here. Again, just posting here as I figured it was of general interest.)
Unless they change their outlook, Am world dubs is always the same weekend every year, or has been for awhile now.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc1Time View Post
Unless they change their outlook, Am world dubs is always the same weekend every year, or has been for awhile now.
That whole calendar-shifting-by-a day-or-two always throws me on the "same weekend" thing.