Courses Played: 117
Wow!
Old 06-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc430 View Post
That's so sad. My wife was devastated. We've stayed at Selah three times and have been pretty well acquainted with both dogs.

We were at Selah yesterday. Dave was puttsing around the pro shop. We saw cookie and so i asked, " where's pete?" His face turned somber. He shrugged his shoulders, frowned, and shook his head. He didn't even want to say words. He said, "he's gone". You could tell he missed that dog more than anything in the world. Cookie too. When we pulled up she was in the garage laying between carts, she didn't move a muscle.
Dang, that's awful to hear. Pete was my cart companion for my round on Lakeside Blues. He was enjoying the whole ride and laid across the entire floorboard for the back nine even catching a few zzz's while I played.. I really enjoyed having both Pete and Cookie keep me company while I was there.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
As far as I know....Pete never came back.

There is some unrelated goods news....

The organizing group of Texas Teams has announced that TWO MORE HOUCK designed courses will be designed and installed in time for the tournament in November. The courses will be "at a ranch that is 10-15 minutes away from Selah Ranch". No other real details but since those courses will opening to Texas Teams, I'd expect something at or around Selah's difficulty, both with multiple boxes.

As far as i know this hasn't been announced anywhere else but FB. If you are reading this please don't go start a new thread. I'd like to keep this on the DL until John or the owners announce it publicly.

That and .....I don't want the tourney to fill. Texas Teams has two different divisions. One with a team of 6, 3 adv, 3 inter. The other division has 9 spots with levels from pro down to am women.

A buddy and I are working on a couple different teams now. If anyone is interested in playing please pm me for details. You don't have to be from Texas but it sure would be alot easier for travel and what not. Tourney is Nov. 22-24 which is the w/e before Thanksgiving.

Last edited by jsc430; 07-01-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 32.7
Come on, you post it on a message board but want to keep it on the DL?

Okay, John, so what's the story on the new courses? Location? Length? Style? Etc.

And how about the bigger news.....Mt Vernon is no longer dry!!!
Old 07-01-2013, 09:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc430 View Post
As far as I know....Pete never came back.

There is some unrelated goods news....

The organizing group of Texas Teams has announced that TWO MORE HOUCK designed courses will be designed and installed in time for the tournament in November. The courses will be "at a ranch that is 10-15 minutes away from Selah Ranch". No other real details but since those courses will opening to Texas Teams, I'd expect something at or around Selah's difficulty, both with multiple boxes.

As far as i know this hasn't been announced anywhere else but FB. If you are reading this please don't go start a new thread. I'd like to keep this on the DL until John or the owners announce it publicly.

That and .....I don't want the tourney to fill. Texas Teams has two different divisions. One with a team of 6, 3 adv, 3 inter. The other division has 9 spots with levels from pro down to am women.

A buddy and I are working on a couple different teams now. If anyone is interested in playing please pm me for details. You don't have to be from Texas but it sure would be alot easier for travel and what not. Tourney is Nov. 22-24 which is the w/e before Thanksgiving.
I already created this thread a week ago. I didn't know you wanted to keep it in the closet, or on the down low, whatever.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=90972

BTW, non-texas teams are in their own division. You can't be on a Texas team if you are out of state, unless you get a waiver from John. In fact, everyone on the team has to be from the same area. Or something like that. But then there is the waiver thing. IDK. It's complicated.

Last edited by jenb; 07-01-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodney View Post
Mt Vernon is no longer dry!!!
This is going to kill that little town 10 miles east of there.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:39 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodney View Post
Come on, you post it on a message board but want to keep it on the DL?

Okay, John, so what's the story on the new courses? Location? Length? Style? Etc.

And how about the bigger news.....Mt Vernon is no longer dry!!!
Come on. bigger news?
Old 07-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb View Post
I already created this thread a week ago. I didn't know you wanted to keep it in the closet, or on the down low, whatever.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=90972

BTW, non-texas teams are in their own division. You can't be on a Texas team if you are out of state, unless you get a waiver from John. In fact, everyone on the team has to be from the same area. Or something like that. But then there is the waiver thing. IDK. It's complicated.
Thanks forclearing that up for me, I was just shooting from the hip. I was gonna try to make a team with players from 9 different states at Texas Teams(in my most sarcastic voice)

Plus you have a tiny little blip about the new courses, in the last of four block quotes...in the tournament section. No one is ever gonna pick up on that. I think its safely on the DL or whatever, in there.

Last edited by jsc430; 07-02-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 19
Just made my reservation with Dave to play on Saturday. He was excited to tell me that they just (last week) got a new fleet of carts "made for disc golf". He said they are much more rugged and are a lot nicer. Unfortunately, the cart fee is now $40, and only holds 2 people. Opposed to the older carts that were only $30 and held 4 people. I was a little disappointed to hear that instead of paying $7.50 per head for the cart (4 guys total playing), we will have to pay $20, but he sounded like the new carts are worth it. I also reserved a campsite for 2 nights, which is $15 per head per night. We are planning on taking our mountain bikes for Sunday. Has anyone ever ridden the trails there? Also, we are from Louisiana. Does anyone know if we would have to buy a fishing license, or is the ranch considered private property? Not sure of the rules on that in Texas if we could fish freely without having to purchase a license.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 32.7
They needed rugged-er carts. The ground is super bumpy.