Old 11-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 39
^^^ FYI- Texas teams is going on this weekend, so I assume Selah may be crowded on Friday. Not sure if Trey Deuces will be open on Saturday other then the Texas Teams Tourny for this weekend?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2013, 07:02 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc430 View Post
I'll ask again...Has anyone camped there and have so decent info? Is that camping area close to the pro shop? Basically out in a open field? So I'm assuming there's no electricity or water at the sites?
What everyone else has said is right. There is plenty of firewood, and a metal swinging grate above the fire pit that we used to cook on. There was also a nice plastic picnic table at our site as well as a 50 gal barrel for trash. The campgrounds are less than a quarter mile past the pro shop which is where the bathrooms and showers are located. It would be hard to get a car down there. I would definitely suggest a truck or an SUV if you have one. Might be a little too rough for a car. The second campsite, farther away from the pro shop, has a basket from Creekside near it so it's good for some close-by practice.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFort View Post
^^^ FYI- Texas teams is going on this weekend, so I assume Selah may be crowded on Friday. Not sure if Trey Deuces will be open on Saturday other then the Texas Teams Tourny for this weekend?
Yea, I was hoping to play but our team fell apart when it came time to register. I won't be there this weekend. I'm going in December. As we did last year. And it snowed. Good times. This will be 5th trip to Selah.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc430 View Post
Thanks fellas. I talked to Candy today. It only took them 24 hours to return my message. That's pretty good in Franklin County time

My wife and I are going to camp at Selah and play all day Friday. Then (hopefully) were going to play Trey Deuce's courses on Saturday and get a hotel that night. Sunday its Either Lindsey Blue to close out the trio of Lindsey park courses in Tyler, TX or Lake Nac in Nacogdoches, TX.
Hit me up when your in Tyler if you want to play a round or 3.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CStout View Post
Hit me up when your in Tyler if you want to play a round or 3.
Wish I could play three. We'll be on the way back to Houston. We usually get a hotel on Saturday night in Tyler to shorten the drive the next day. We've done it twice so far where we wake up hit one of the Lindsey Park courses and head home. The first time we played Dagwood, then Red. So more than likely we'll be playing the Blue course on Sunday morning around 830-9 12/8.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

It saddens me but I know its has to be done: we're cancelling our trip to Selah this weekend. The weather looks to be very unwelcoming and I'm not gonna take the time, the vacation day, and the $, to go down there and play in those condition. Seems like Selah has a weather curse or something.

I know, December isn't a good time to go, but this is the time of year when I can take days off. Doesn't look like either of the Trey-Deuce courses will be playable either, which was a big reason for the trip. Oh well, we'll have to try again in the spring time. Instead, its Austin, which won't be a whole lot better weather-wise, but we have a free place to stay about 30 mins south of town.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 55
I just saw the 2 new reviews.... the guy gave creekside the same rating as Jimmy Porter park. Some of you Texas golfers who have played both JP and selah creekside can tell us more about that comparison as far as both being an eight out of ten. I have never given a course a 5. I think you can have a 5 disc rated mostly flat course, it just has to make up for it in other areas.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 33
Courses Played: 117
Wow, that Creekside review is pretty positive, so the 4.0 he gave seems harsh.

Creekside is now 0.01 ahead of Flip for 2nd.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Double Eagle Member

Why even have a scale that goes up to "perfect in every way". That's just not realistic. A course that is perfect is virtually impossible to build and even more impossible to maintain. IMO, there's no such thing as a course that's "perfect in every way". And there never will be.

Among his cons: It cost to much. If Selah was free, Selah wouldn't be Selah. If you're rating scale is affected by whether someone built it as a business venture vs. a donation, then its fundamentally flawed. Its not his review. Who can disagree with notation that every course has room for improvement.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:46 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDABRUSH View Post
I just saw the 2 new reviews.... the guy gave creekside the same rating as Jimmy Porter park. Some of you Texas golfers who have played both JP and selah creekside can tell us more about that comparison as far as both being an eight out of ten. I have never given a course a 5. I think you can have a 5 disc rated mostly flat course, it just has to make up for it in other areas.
I am having a hard time understanding how anyone could give Creekside (which I played last weekend) and Jimmy Porter (my home course) the same rating. I can't even come up with a good analogy for that one.