Old 05-27-2014, 01:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHBH
What's curious to me is when we played Trey Ranch last month (right down the road from Selah), Selah Ranch and its associated LLCs were listed as involved parties on the waiver. I'd assumed they'd invested into Trey Ranch to help get it going and share a stake in it. Now I'm wondering if that was a way for them to stay involved in disc golf in the area in anticipation of selling Selah. Or something to that effect.

Totally hypothesizing here.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2014, 02:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 33
Courses Played: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikly View Post
What's curious to me is when we played Trey Ranch last month (right down the road from Selah), Selah Ranch and its associated LLCs were listed as involved parties on the waiver. I'd assumed they'd invested into Trey Ranch to help get it going and share a stake in it. Now I'm wondering if that was a way for them to stay involved in disc golf in the area in anticipation of selling Selah. Or something to that effect.

Ha, weird. I'd say it's more likely they got the waiver from Selah and neglected to change the text!
Old 05-27-2014, 02:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodney View Post
Ha, weird. I'd say it's more likely they got the waiver from Selah and neglected to change the text!
My brother had suggested this. Only reason I disagree is because there's a lot of text in there pertaining to Trey Ranch specifically. Definitely a possibility it's just an error, though.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:04 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikly View Post

Most likely the waivers were from Texas Teams and/or Am World Dubs which were the first times the Trey courses were open…no need to write up a new waiver as they prob have all their bases covered in the old ones.

The good news is the Newsome family owns all the land Trey Deuce and Texas Twist are on…and most(?) of it has been in their family since the 1800's or something crazy like that. So I can't see them leaving anytime soon.

Here's hoping Selah's future owners allow the courses to stay.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_dave View Post
Most likely the waivers were from Texas Teams and/or Am World Dubs which were the first times the Trey courses were open…no need to write up a new waiver as they prob have all their bases covered in the old ones.
Ahh, that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_dave View Post
The good news is the Newsome family owns all the land Trey Deuce and Texas Twist are on…and most(?) of it has been in their family since the 1800's or something crazy like that. So I can't see them leaving anytime soon.

Here's hoping Selah's future owners allow the courses to stay.
I'd had that thought too, that at least Trey Ranch is in development. Don't think it'll quite reach the height of Selah, but they're some damn fine courses. Texas Twist is going to be amazing once it's fully groomed and regularly maintained.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 33
Courses Played: 117
"once"? Or "if"?
Old 05-27-2014, 04:58 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 157
Quote:
Have any of you ever gone to Selah unannounced to play? I'm confused by the below.

E-mail conversation with Rebecca the General Manager:

Me: I saw the "For Sale" listing for Selah. Are the disc golf courses still open as the sales process moves forward?

Rebecca: Yes they are! Just still need reservations to play.

Me: Reservations? I've only played when staying as a guest, but I thought the public could show up and play any time. Is that not true?

Rebecca: The public can play. $20 per day per person. $40 for a cart per day (will sit two) BUT...we do have to have disc golf reservations.
I called ahead and made a reservation. Think they just like to know when you're coming and how many.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
"once"? Or "if"?
I guess I'd assumed they would be. On the one hand, why would they put all that effort in if the courses will have knee high grass for a good portion of the year? On the other hand, the pragmatics are indeed daunting. That's a lot of grass to mow.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:04 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHFH
This real estate listing mentions the disc golf courses prominently, saying they have the number 1 and 2 top rated courses (that was true a few months back). So at least they mentioned it here.

http://www.landsoftexas.com/texas/la...xas/id/1658653

Old 05-29-2014, 03:07 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 115
Appreciate the heads up on the sale, that prompted me to get off my butt and get out there, and it finally convinced the Mrs that it needed to happen ASAP. We are now booked in the Drake cottage next weekend