Old 01-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Throwing Style: LHBH
if it were me, i would drop the 10x bird. you said so yourself that you don't have much confidence in it. plus they are a bit spendy. i personally like champ or star birds. also i dont think that your range in weights will hinder your game at all. i like to have different weights depending on the wind condtions.

*Edit*

Looks like a few people mentioned the teebird....
Old 01-01-2012, 01:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybizz View Post
You've got way better FH form than I do my man, that's pretty impressive. I used to have a good FH this last Summer after I had practiced it a lot and then one day it just disappeared it was crazy.. I was throwing FH 350-370 and then over a period of about a week I was back to 300 and it's never came back and I don't know why. I was even throwing lids FH with little wobble and now I wobble everything lol. Oh sorry for the thread jack.
Its all in the wrist not the arm. I also use a fork grip with mids and putter. The shoulder injury really sacred me last spring. I did it three years ago snowboarding but for some reason last spring when I started throwing it was really bad. When I started playing again in 2010 I could BH for about 300' shots but I was still FH dominate (although the FH was not that good ether). In 2011 I tried throwing BH in the spring but I could not do it without dislocating my shoulder 70% of the time. I thought DG was done for me. I worked on my FH all year and it has payed off big.

I throw tons of putter only rounds and I think that has made the most impact on my game.

The other thing that I think is a big thing to work on with FH is making sure you weight get forward. I used to kinda lean back and this caused massive nose up problems. I now step through the throw and this has added at least 50' to my D.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Ions are awesome FH.
I have tried the old texture ones and hated the grip and the disc. I may try the newer ones without the textured inner rim in the spring but I don't know. I have felt the new ones and I do like the grip much more but I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the old ones.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 99
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Rock25 View Post
I have tried the old texture ones and hated the grip and the disc. I may try the newer ones without the textured inner rim in the spring but I don't know. I have felt the new ones and I do like the grip much more but I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the old ones.
Yeah, I could see how the old ones could bother people. The new ones are by and large more stable too, which helps. I'm still tinkering with my grip on them, can't quite get the power into them without the wobbles. Where do you keep your thumb when you go fork grip on the putters?
Old 01-01-2012, 11:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Yeah, I could see how the old ones could bother people. The new ones are by and large more stable too, which helps. I'm still tinkering with my grip on them, can't quite get the power into them without the wobbles. Where do you keep your thumb when you go fork grip on the putters?
I try to get it as close to or even on the edge of the rim. If I put my thumb on top of the flight plate I get mad OAT. My thumb really does not do much but keep the disc in my hand.

I will post some pics...
Old 01-01-2012, 11:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 99
Yeah, I can't figure out where to put mine b/c I can't keep the disc in my hand firmly enough. That's why I've always preferred wider rimmed drivers for FH, I can hold it steady b/w my thumb and middle finger.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Waiting for the pics to upload...
Old 01-02-2012, 11:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Here is my putter/mid Grip BroD

Old 01-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
That is interesting thumb placement. I see how it would be effective with mids and putters as that is how to flick huck with an ultimate disc. I may try this myself.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyroberts18 View Post
That is interesting thumb placement. I see how it would be effective with mids and putters as that is how to flick huck with an ultimate disc. I may try this myself.
I put my thumb on top for drivers but with that grip for putter/mids I get a really clean release.