Old 01-31-2012, 12:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshEpoo View Post
Seems like you're carrying a lot of discs. You're definitely over 20, you listed almost 30 discs if you include the maybe's, and there's like nearly 10 OOP discs in there. You have a quasi-minimalist approach going where you try to keep the number of molds low but have it as complicated as possible in every other way. Just seems weird.

I know you say you like old plastic (as a justification for keeping the Firebirds and Gazelles I guess) but then you throw current run Pro, Z, X, CFR Champ, Evo, DX, ESP, and everything else in the world. You're alllllllll over the place.

I would try to simplify.
As far as Innova goes I really like Pro plastic and KC Pro Plastic the best. My two favorite driver molds are no longer made in Pro so that has been the problem. I do understand what you are saying and feel the same way sometimes but I don't want to drop disc's that I know really well and am comfortable with. I have tried Star Gazelles and IMO they suck so that didn't work out. I don't really like the grip and feel of newer Champ Plastic that much so that is why I stay away from it. I have some 12x Champ FB that I tried but they are not what I was looking for.

I really like new Discraft plastic and that has not been a problem for me at all.

I here where you are coming from and appricate the feedback. I might try out some more Discraft Driver molds this summer but the only dirver I have really liked from them has been the Avenger SS.

We will see thanks again.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bultx1215 View Post
Drop a Zone and add the Pure for longer putts? You say the Buzzz has the overstable mid pretty well. Seems like a Zone may be a tad of overlap you could lose and not hurt so badly while adding length in the putt dept with the Zone.
I could maybe drop the Zones. I like them for short OS stuff though. I will think about this one though. Thanks for the input.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.6
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Rock25 View Post
I could maybe drop the Zones. I like them for short OS stuff though. I will think about this one though. Thanks for the input.

Maybe just drop one and add the Pure? I hate losing discs that have a purpose. My bag has a hole in it now that hurt me Saturday...from this very thing.. I would say one and one would be better than one and none.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:45 PM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 37
i would keep the ESP zone.. most unique disc in my bag..i never use it as a putter tho.. but i dont really like having one putter just for overstable/windy putts.. i would think the wizard should be stable enough to cover all your putting duties and then just keep the ESP Zone for your overstable utility/mid slot. Also seems like have X-Buzzz, Buzzz SS and Comets is a lil much.. i love comets so i understand that but seems like you could use the X-Buzzz or the Comet to cover the Buzzz SS shots

Last edited by ian.; 01-31-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian. View Post
i would keep the ESP zone.. most unique disc in my bag..i never use it as a putter tho.. but i dont really like having one putter just for overstable/windy putts.. i would think the wizard should be stable enough to cover all your putting duties and then just keep the ESP Zone for your overstable utility/mid slot
This is what I am thinking. I can drop the D Zone but I have an ace with it and like keeping ace disc's around for the chance of getting another one with the same disc...

Thanks for the input.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
i would keep the ESP zone.. most unique disc in my bag..i never use it as a putter tho.. but i dont really like having one putter just for overstable/windy putts.. i would think the wizard should be stable enough to cover all your putting duties and then just keep the ESP Zone for your overstable utility/mid slot. Also seems like have X-Buzzz, Buzzz SS and Comets is a lil much.. i love comets so i understand that but seems like you could use the X-Buzzz or the Comet to cover the Buzzz SS shots
Yeah I am working on that part. I like the Buzzz SS for the extra D and I am hoping once I beet it in it will turn more than my X Buzzz. I have a little more than a month to play with that before I start playing leagues again...
Old 01-31-2012, 05:53 PM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 37
cool good deal brotha.. yeah i feel ya on the d zone.. i havent really thrown them so not sure how they compare in stability to the esp.. and you could always drop the esp.. and fill the overstable mid slot with a glo buzzz to stick with the theme
Old 02-01-2012, 05:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
cool good deal brotha.. yeah i feel ya on the d zone.. i havent really thrown them so not sure how they compare in stability to the esp.. and you could always drop the esp.. and fill the overstable mid slot with a glo buzzz to stick with the theme
Thanks for the help. I am thinking about dropping the Zone all together. We will see.

I am also thinking of dropping the Katana...

Old 03-27-2012, 05:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Bag Update

Distance Drivers:

168g Pro Katana 5/10: This thing is for rollers and tailwind drives only now. Beat to a pulp. 375' - 400'

150g Blizzard Katana 9/10: I don't really know if it will stay in the bag. I need lots of room with this disc but I can really rip it. 400'+

Fairway Drivers:

175g Candy Pro Firebird 7/10: This thing is a beast most OS disc in the bag. I only use this for big head winds and big spike hyzers. 300' - 330'

170g Pro Firebird 9/10: Good strait driver with predictable fade. No were near as OS as the Candy Pro 330' - 360'

150g DX Firebird 6/10: This was the first disc I ever owned back in 2001 and it has been in my bag ever since. I donít use it much anymore but I can do a ton with this disc. I can hyzer flip it or throw it on a hyzer. The only thing I really use it for is get out of trouble type shots now because I donít want to lose it.

168g Z Avanger SS 7/10: Super flippy turnover disc. Hyser Flips that go left and stay left. Rollers. I really like this disc and have no problems here. Longest drive to date with any disc 430'+

170G Cryztal Z Avenger SS 10/10: I am beating this in for a backup and I use it for night rounds. More stable than the other one but I can flip it pretty easy.

160g CE Gazelle 7/10: Go to driver. I can do almost anything with this disc and I have a few backups for it that I bring in the car but is not in my bag. 330' - 360'

172 11x KC Pro Gazelle 8/10: Great disc with more stability than the CE. I have two now and carry one for wind and shots that I want a little bit more fade. 330' - 360'

175g DX Gazelles 5/10: Hyzer flips and turnovers that donít need to go as far as my Avenger SS shots. 330' - 360'

Mids:

175g Elite X Buzzz 8/10: Beat Hyzer Flips, Turnovers & Rollers anything up to 300'

176g GLOW Buzzz 8/10: Most overstable Buzzz will do most lines but I use it mostly for Hyzers anything up to 300'

175g Cryztal Z Buzzz 9/10: Straight Buzzz anything up to 300'

167g Elite Z Comet 9/10: Finess turnover disc to help my form. I like the Comet so far and it is great for shaping lines.

176g ESP Comet 9/10: More stable than the Z Comet but still great. I can put more on this one without burning it.

Putters:

2 175g SS Wizard 7/10: Main putting putter but I drive with them sometimes.

175g S Evo Wizard 9/10: Straight Driving putter

175g DX Bullet XD 8/10: Hyzer Flips & Anhyzers love these things.

175g 1 LE Pro D and 1 ESP Zone 9/10: Overstable putting and fills my overstable mid duties. The ESP is way more OS.

I have really been banging long putts with the Pure still. I am on the fence about switching. I really like them but I love my Wizards as well. The putters are the only thing I am having trouble with right now. I love the Comets and I dropped the Buzzz SS.