Old 04-17-2014, 09:06 AM
DGCR Vendor

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
Salient Discs DGX Disc Golf Shoe

Salient Discs is proud to introduce the DGX disc golf shoe.

Salient DGX shoe is the first footwear product introduced by a true disc golf specific company. The DGX was created to fit the needs of the recreational or serious disc golfer by designing a shoe that will function great on and off the course. The sole features a “trail” inspired lug pattern that is made to excel on the fairway and unstable surfaces. The upper portion of the shoe features a urethane coated nylon which offers superior water resistance and will keep your feet dry in most wet conditions. The other main feature is the textured napa leather lower that surrounds the shoe offering great side to side stability while protecting against blow outs. The DGX is classified as a cross training/trail shoe that is best used on dirt or grassy surfaces.

Materials/Function:

•full water repellant oxford outer
•waterproof/water resistant urethane coated inner oxford
•full lower napa leather outer for side blow out protection
•synthetic polyurethane toe box for front toe protection
•rubber torsion control sole for added stability on and off the fairway
•stiff rear mid sole for added pivot stability
•neutral arch support for easy foot conformity
Colors:

1.Black with blue accents and white sole
2.Black with orange accents and orange sole
3.Red with black accents and red sole

General info:

We began testing an athletic shoe back in August 2013 originally announced as the DG Spec 1. Since this time we have had the opportunity to test different materials and designs for durability/aesthetics. Initial testing was very promising and included a one piece flat sole that gave great durability. However what we added in durability with a flat one piece sole we lost in comfort and overall grip. Therefore over the past few months we decided to change to a two piece sole which gave the shoe added comfort as well as grip on and off the teebox.

What makes our shoe different?
The DGX is the first shoe made by a 100% disc golf specific company. The benefits to this are that our main focus is providing quality products to disc golfers instead of dividing our time among other shoe products or rebranding an already existing product.

The DGX will perform great on the course in rough terrain as well as double as a shoe for every day use. The main features of the shoe include a polyurethane toe box for extra durability and suede napa leather for added stability in the fore/mid/rear foot. The shoe is also water repellant which means your feet will not get damp in the early morning dew.

Closing remarks?
With the inception of the DGX we have learned that there is no way that a shoe will last a lifetime especially in the sport of disc golf. We would like people to realize that even with the most durable materials a shoe will eventually wear down and need to be replaced based on how rough the user is on said product. Therefore the DGX was produced to be an acceptable alternative to other shoes on the market at an affordable price.

Pre-order pricing is $80 plus shipping for 1 pair, 2 pair is $135 plus shipping at www.salient-discs.com

Available in 3 different colors and men size 8.5-11

Special pre-order pricing only lasting til May 31,2014. Quantities are limited!! Arrival date is approximately mid-late summer 2014, exact date will be released 30 days before arrival to US.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2014, 09:07 AM
DGCR Vendor

Old 04-17-2014, 09:16 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 30
Mens sizes 8.5-11? Weird.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:26 AM
Bending Rodriguez

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 94
Send a message via AIM to B3NDER
I'm a 13, guess no shoes for me.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:27 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 76
Throwing Style: LHBH
Salient is still in business? Count me surprised.
Good luck selling these, they honestly look like gym shoes you'd find at Walmart. Definitely don't have the "cool" factor going for them and look like they're cheaply constructed. And for pretty much saying that these shoes won't last very long, $80(plus shipping) is still pretty steep. I can get some Merrells for that much and know that they'll look better and hold up better.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: LHBH
I gotta say, i am actually impressed with these, most specifically the sole pattern. The heal is smooth for pivoting and the luggs on the other areas look great for wet/muddy terrain and are spaced enough to prevent cakeing. The "waterproof/resistant" is a little confusing, but they are low-tops so i expect wet feet.

Great price... I was ready to buy until i saw the term "pre-order". I'll wait for the retail rollout. Any product testers have a review?
Old 04-17-2014, 09:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 1
Guys feet are getting bigger as the population grows taller and taller. Definitely should have bigger sizes available. I'm a size 12 wide. Like Bender, guess no shoes here either.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:39 AM
DGCR Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrawk View Post
I gotta say, i am actually impressed with these, most specifically the sole pattern. The heal is smooth for pivoting and the luggs on the other areas look great for wet/muddy terrain and are spaced enough to prevent cakeing. The "waterproof/resistant" is a little confusing, but they are low-tops so i expect wet feet.

Great price... I was ready to buy until i saw the term "pre-order". I'll wait for the retail rollout. Any product testers have a review?
Thanks Jrawk, that is my mistake on not catching the "waterproof/resistant" line. The shoes are water resistant. I never like using the term waterproof because that gives people the idea that they can stand in a puddle for a lengthy period of time and your feet will never get wet. The DGX will do a great job at keeping your feet dry when playing those early morning rounds in long wet grass, rounds in which it is raining, and those times where you need to walk through some soft ground. Like always if you go above the shoe expect to get wet.

I know the size range is not what people were hoping for. With the Current sole the largest we can go is size 11. With every size made also come another mold and another cost. The market for golf shoes is not as large as the market for golf discs and when you have a item that is based on a size it makes said item more expensive.

I am hoping people will give the DGX a shot and I personally think you will be happy with them.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:40 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: RHFH
I would rock the black/orange, but I also have too large of feet to order any

Old 04-17-2014, 09:41 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG505 View Post
Mens sizes 8.5-11? Weird.
agreed. I actually think they could be nice shoes, but since they are not a large shoe company I assume they had to go after the highest selling size range, which limits me out.