Old 03-29-2014, 02:06 PM

Course Design & Development Literature

In depth literature on disc golf course development & design is scarce, if non-existent! But things are changing. There's a lot to think about with the disc golf phenomenon which is still growing voraciously but still under the mainstream radar. Two landscape architecture theses emerged last year: Chatham University in Pittsburgh, and Cal Poly Pomona near LA, as well as a major Phd Geography study on the growth of courses in the U.S. All of you disc golf nerds have some more to chew on now, formally. I have self-published my Cal Poly Masters Thesis to spark broader discussion on the potential for course development strategies (especially urban) and challenge golfers to think outside the box.

I took a step back to discover what makes disc golf so intriguing to me. Everyones' attraction to disc golf may be different... Perhaps my thesis touches on that thing that sparks your interest? A thread I posted in the course design forum in December received an array of positive feedback:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=99377

Look for my ads throughout April 2014 on the course review pages or simply visit Lulu to get a 25% discount now, print-on-demand:

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/disc_golf

Old 03-29-2014, 05:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
This probably belongs in the marketplace...