Old 10-26-2012, 08:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
ha..yeah i tend to like being a test dummy. ive felt the fs but i think i didnt like the feel of it at the time. i was also throwingte meteor at that time as well. i might give it a shot if i can find one locally to throw. i know ive seen them at the pias here the last time i fondled one. that was a good while back though.
somehow we sold out of flying squirrels.
i don't know how that could have happened... but we once had plenty, now both locations show zero. freaky.

that's a nice sciencey bag you've got there man! good ole DGR bag theory at work.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
so what did you do with the pretty lime green wasps?
Old 10-26-2012, 10:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 29
thx ian..yeah hopefully i wont have to take too much time off. we will see though,i just want to play without pain .

as for stiff ppds' i remember mine being super straight with little turn and little fade. very similar to my beat spd. im not sure how the new run ppd's. i only have one left from the original run.

zam i didnt even think yall carried the fs,no worries lol i think ill stick with what i have.

yeah,im sure from all that damn reading i do on dgr rubs off on my disc selection.

as for the wasps,they are sitting in the bins. not being used lol i was about to put them up in the mp soon. lmk if u want them
Old 11-14-2012, 01:45 PM
* Ace Member *

update

ok..few tweaks here n there

swapped my beat warlock for a even more beat sb aviar. works much better at the lines i want to use it for than the warlock did. the warlock was nice but even beat up it still had fade.

swapped out my fuse for a ce qms,so far its been nice. it reminds me of my meteors but it doesnt have the lss like they do. still trying this out for a while atleast til the tursas comes out because that just sounds like exactly what i want.

i scooped some qsents from zamson and they have been money. i love them and how they arent just a beefy mid. they go a good ways straight and then the fade kicks as well as still being able to handle some wind i think i found my perfect beefy mid .

i added a c line fd from the new run and i love it so far,its like a beefier qjls that i can throw into the wind and still achieve the same lines as if i threw my qj in a calm. its flat, stiff and a good amount of HSS and LSS compared to the s lines and my qjls. kinda reminds me of a fresh candy qj. either way, i like it and its been proving itself to me nicely.

still loving my sinus sp, i have started trusting it more in wind than before and it flies beautifly on fh approaches. canned a few birdies outside of 100' this weekend with it and it just grabs chains and sits like nobodies business.

172 - cpd (non plus) - little more overstable /winds / hyzer finishes
175 - spd - seasoned - very straight with some fade
175 - spd - beat - my main driver-nice easy flex shots.
171 - cfd - fresh
175 - ce qjls - made its way back ,i couldnt do with out it.
172 - ce qjls - beat - flippier than my seasoned td.my get out of trouble,never come back disc.
168 - std rush - seasoned - turnovers/ roller and all around understable goodness when i need more anny and little fade or come back.
173 - pro candy fb - utility,flicks, big skips and spikes.

178 - barstamp buzzz - semi fresh ,straight with some fade at the end,more power shots than beat bs
176 - barstamp buzzz - 3yr old n beat. my go to buzzz. super straight and can be flipped if needed.
174 - ce qms - my neutral to flippy mid.excellent line shaper.
180 - q sentinel - windy day buzzz/mid
175 - pearly gator - short range utility

174 - 2x proto warlocks - putting mainly,some upshots occasionally.
170 - beat sb aviar - jump putts and up shots,longer runs at the basket
176 - opto pure - best driving putter evar! - my mini buzzz
174 - zero sinus sp - windy day driver/approach putter

i have been tinkering with adding a faster driver again but i dunno what. i have destroyers but i might try something different. possibly x nukes? esp nukes? again or some beat up DD2 . or bring back my flows that i never got rid of lol. i dont really know but would like some easier max distance discs where my other stuff might not get without throwing them harder.

im still trying to maintain the slower more compact throwing style and its been working fine lately. so if i can get a big distance crush with a disc thats easy to throw, i just might.

i dont really care for blizzard stuff because it just doesnt jive with me. i did throw a AIR king a few times and that thing is the most effortless crusher ive thrown but its still light and will get raped by any wind other than tail wind.

any suggestions ?
Old 11-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Birdie Member

You have me pretty interested in the Sinus. I currently have Z Pures, Opto Pures and Pro D Rattler in the bag. I have been considering something that can handle headwinds a little better. I do ok with the Opto Pure by keeping it low into the wind. But I have problems with breezy shots when thier are elevation changes or when my form falls apart and I get the Pure to nose up.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAMson View Post
somehow we sold out of flying squirrels.
i don't know how that could have happened... but we once had plenty, now both locations show zero. freaky...
That's because people are starting to realize how great of a mold it is!
Old 11-14-2012, 02:58 PM
* Ace Member *

mattw,try one. theyre pretty nice. deeper than the pure but handle wind like a champ. i throw my opto pure in headwinds but when it gets too gusty,i break out my sinus and it just flies straight. i like it alot
Old 11-15-2012, 08:36 AM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 37
looks good brotha.. hows the back? Im curious to hear about the x-nukes.. with my arm im always looking for nice easy distance lol .. oh finally got a couple pd's in my hands again.. mid 160's stiff p-lines but so far really digging them .. at my arm speed the p-line is still plenty stable for me and excited to get one broken in prob sooo buttah. You ever toss the Td2? Its been slow but trying to get my hands on more discmana.. couple td and fd's but td2 sounded right up my alley

Last edited by ian.; 11-15-2012 at 08:39 AM.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:10 AM
* Ace Member *

back is ok...no worse but not gone. ive had some good rounds lately but ive also had bad rounds lol. glad u got a pd man,beat it up and youll like it more. if u get your hands on a cd ,its like a broken in pd out of the box. i actually picked up a couple td2's a couple weeks ago and threw them for a bit. definitely felt better than the mamba to me and the domey ones have lots of glide. i got some decent d out of mine and they were 166 lol. they have nice turn amd some lss to bring them back. unfortunately they overlap with my beat up std's...though they might have a little more glide and lss.

i bought two identicals. if u have some std to trade for them lmk