Disc Golf Store
Old 01-10-2012, 07:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
heh, one thing thats good is i kept all my kenny glows and i have one seasoned enough to be a straight flyer. im just talkin out of my ass,ill prob just keep the buzzz's since i have tons of backups
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2012, 12:55 PM
* Ace Member *

changes a brewin. gonna try out a warlock for my main putter.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:38 PM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 38
thats whats winters for right? ... i have been in the same boat lately tho so i cant say much... working with some nice grippy concave d-focus now and really really like them
Old 01-11-2012, 03:48 PM
* Ace Member *

yepi scooped some grippy chalky warlocks from mst as well as a glow too. im also going to be doing some wprk with changing puttin styles to push instead of spin. i think itll help down the line .
Old 01-18-2012, 08:16 PM
* Ace Member *

ok so a lil update on the progress. i picked up a sss warlock that is really not sss anyway. more like a stiff omega . i have managed to adjust to having my index finger under the bead and have been working with it to get comfortable using it. ive been making more putts lately and have been more consistent with my release. im still spin putting but its more of a hybrid push/spin like yeti. ive been using warlocks only for driving,putting and approaching and its been great so far. i kinda miss my omegas but the warlocks seem to be doing the job and feel better with my index finger under the "bead" than it ever did on the megs. no sure if thats all in my head or what but who cares.

ive also tossed in rocs again and took out my buzzz's for now to get my timing in order since i toss the comets very similar to the rocs. its kinda weird not having anything faster than qj's for distance but they are sneaky long and my lines have been easier to hit.

i do think i need something to handle winds because my beefiest qj does not handle moderate/heavy winds too well. so i thought about just tossing in a pd to handle that spot instead of throwing in a new driver . what you guys think? as of now my bag is this:

175 qjls - later run and most stable of the 4. very eagle like (been thinkin of replacing this with a pd or something)
172 ce qjls - straight/semi fresh with small fade and handles mild winds
174 ce qjls - seasoned and less HSS than the ^ and is easier to work while not being flippy (added to fit between the newer ce qj and beat qj)
170 ce qjls - beat up and understable like a roadrunner

173 fb - utility

180 kenny glow roc - beef
180 dx san marino roc - straight stable with fade
174 seasoned dx rancho - straight/understable touchy
172 domey esp first run comet - straight as an arrow
179 old z comet - fresh - straight with little fade

174 esp zone - utility

174 sss warlock - main putter
163 ss warlock - approach/upshots- til i beat up a warlock thats heavier
175 ss glow warlock - beefy - driver putter and approach

so far my game has shown improvements. my timing seems to be coming together again. my adjustments to rocs and comets wasnt bad since i used to throw rocs a good while back. having nothing but qj's does make shot selection easier lol. same goes the rest of the bag since its only 6 molds now. as much as it kills me to want to throw big drivers on some courses,ive been making the best of it and its definitely fun crushing a qj still be able to keep up with others full bags.

if all works well as i think it will,ill prob be rebuilding my bag around this setup. im not sure how much longer ill be keeping this setup but im in no rush to hurry back to my old setup. i know its for the better and that doesnt bother me.

suggestions to replace the "beefy" qj? i thought about throwing in a eagle or tb but since i have pd's i was looking to add one,even if its a speed 10 but im open to suggestions/
Old 01-18-2012, 08:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
What kid of warlock are you throwing with a bead?
Sid Haig is scaring me, can you change your av to something else?

jls distance with more fade... how about a pred?
Old 01-18-2012, 08:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
also, a cyclone with those rocs might help your form like you were wanting.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:50 PM
* Ace Member *

well i say bead so i can get the idea across that i have the putter on my index finger joint like most "right" ways of putting. so yeah,no bead on the warlock lol.

and cap spaulding shall stay if hes creepin u out,its doin its job

also,i had clones at one point or another but eventually moved onto qj's . qj's are slow speed 7 . also,i dont really want a pred because its pretty much a beefier pd. my pds handle wind awesome so i might just toss one in the bag. i was kinda really hoping to stay in the under speed 10 category but it might not happen if im not really wanting new molds. eagle x is similar to the pd and still slower so i might try that. i dunno :/
Old 01-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 49
I'd say go with Eagle-X for some of those windy shots. I know you use to throw the champ glo Gazelle, any thought about a heavy one of those to throw in the wind. I had a couple of max weight that were really stable, like a shorter Eagle-X.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Quit being a disc snob. Lol

Sell the qjls's and old omega's. Use the profit to cover gasand a stack of wizards to throw at the bEast... oh sell the barstamp and I will sell you a current z buzz that will fill your needs. See you in Waco or Austin soon.