Old 05-07-2012, 08:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
ok so i decided to take a break from playing since i have a pulled muscle in my back. probably wont be playing for a few weeks to a month. til then i can get some stuff i want to try out for the bag.

ive been tinkering with my distance drivers so i have a few things coming in.

blizzard dd2's
blizzard pd2's
s line dd2s
pro destroyers

not much but ive been wanting to try the dd2 for a llong time again. pro destroyers used to be my bombers of choice so im trying to revisit them.

175 - cpd2 - beef,strong tx winds, pure hyzers, and skippier side arm shots,spike hyzers over trees
174 - opto flow - slightly more stable than the seasoned,domier
170 - seasoned opto flow- super straight,has some turn, little fade.
150 - blizzard wraith - my boomer tail wind driver etc. - finds its way in the bag when i play open courses

174 - spd - slightly used,not as domey, handles moderate winds and comes out of slight turns.
175 - freshy - windy days, just there for when i needs it.
169 - star roadrunner - missed it too much, my turnover driver. BH roller. loves to be handled by me again
175 - ce qjls - longer buzzz, super straight, very little LSS and can still handle moderate headwinds.my bread and butter!
173 - pro candy fb - utility,sidearm, cut rollers, spikes etc.

179 - glo buzzz - overstable but not a meathook. my windy day buzzz
178 - barstamp buzzz - newer and a lil more fade
178 - barstamp buzzz - seasoned up - been in the bag for almost 2 years,my point and shoot buzzz!
173 - esp meteor - turnovers, low powered flex shots
175 - champ gator - utility

2x 174 proto warlocks - main putters , thats all they get used for
149 dx rhyno - understable putter, low power, get out of trouble shots
176 opto pure - straight straight as can be! my mini buzzz
175 champ rhyno - yes...it snuck back in the bag and doesnt want to leave.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Why didn't Winston take advantage of me instead?

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 34
sucks about the pulled muscle, im currently coming out of the same thing. originally hurt it at work(roofer) and made it worse discin. there is still some lingering pain but it is far from the breathtaking shots of pain i was experiencing the last couple weeks. i didnt give up playing for quite as long as you plan to but i took a break. a break along with drugs and occasional heat went a long way. i made a bad life choice by playing in a tourney during my peak pain time but i had been looking forward to that one for a while and didnt want to miss it. drugs got me through the day but i needed some time off after that. luckily it was on a ball golf course and we had access to golf carts so i didnt need to carry my bag and oddly enough putting hurt worse than driving. i won longest drive but finished forth due to an inability to hit a putt from 30+.

good luck with the back pain, advil is a simple yet wonderful part of the solution. and in regards to the discs, ive been messing around with various blizzard molds and the boss is the only one that has been able to compete with a good ole pro destroyer. i still need to try a few other blizzards but the pro and dx destroyers really get out there for me.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:20 PM
* Ace Member *

yeah man, i honestly dont even know how it happened. i have a habit of sometimes picking up other peoples mannerisms and sometimes i wind up throwing like they do with certain quirks . i think thats what happened and it screwed me again. alot of times i dont even realize im mimicking them til i see my game going to ****. this happened last year and i hurt my knee because for some reason i started adding more hop to my run up.

anyway,its been hurting since january and i thought it was my back but found out later it was a lower right muscle at the waistline by my spine. and i feel it when i get to the last part of my drive in the follow through. ive managed to play decent with the pain but its annoying and my distance has suffered as well as my overall game.

luckily my fiance is in medical so she helps alot bein a doc's assistant. ibuprofren and some therapy has been helping but it doesnt do **** when i still play.

anywho, yea blizzards have been helping some but i need to try my pro destroyers again,i got rid of all my tasty ones. like every other disc i had and decide to revisit lol
Old 05-26-2012, 07:46 PM
* Ace Member *

ok so its been 3 weeks since ive thrown a disc. i havnt even practiced and im sure my putting is poop. o well, im going out tomorrow for the first time to play my clubs mini . mainly because of the acepot lol but i need to try and play. so far ive felt good this week,no real pain. hopefully this time off has done some good and will help me get back into the groove.

the course isnt big so i wont need to be crushing anything but i stilll want to try my blizz dd2's and pro ds
Old 05-26-2012, 07:56 PM
* Ace Member *

i think im gonna roll with this setup

175 - cpd2
168 - pro destroyer - freshy
170 - pro destroyer - seasoned
160 - blizzard dd2

174 - spd - seasoned
175 - ce qjls
169 - star roadrunner
173 - pro candy fb

179 - glo buzzz
178 - barstamp buzzz
178 - barstamp buzzz - seasoned
173 - esp meteor
175 - champ gator

2x - 174 proto warlocks
174 - tm2 pure
176 - opto pure
Old 05-26-2012, 08:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 102
Looks tight. Warlocks and Pures is an interesting combo.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:50 PM
* Ace Member *

yeah if the evo warlocks werent so crappy and the opto pures werent so awesome,id probably throw all warlocks. the pures are just perfect though.

whoops..i left out my champ rhyno on that list. i keep that for windier days when the pure cant hold its own.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 102
Ah, I see said the blind man.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:05 PM
* Ace Member *

ok so i guess im officially back from my break to let my back heal. its not 100% but a whoooole lot better than before. now i just have to get back into my groove again.

changed some things and have been likimg the bag so far. swapped the glo buzzz for an old pearly wasp,took out the tm2 pure for a dx rhyno. took out the fresh pro ds for some star ds. no pds o_O for now atleast. just trying the tb ..i may throw the pd back in anyway since its a good option if i dont want to throw destroyers but still need the distance over a tb or qj.

the meteor may come out but i havnt decided yet and the beat qj may come out when i get my beat destroyer/wraith. cpd2 doesnt get used alot,especially since i hurt my back so i may swap it for another star ds i have .i also have been missing my omegas,mainly because of how much of a chain grabber they are and how they hit and sit. warlocks are nice but not as soft as omegas so i tend to have more spit outs and bounce outs.

for now though, im ok with this

175 - cpd2
171 - bottom stamp destroyer - semi fresh. lil more stable than the other ds
168 - seasoned pre avery star destroyer - my go to distance,super straight
160 - blizzard dd2 - easy distance and when i need more skip than a ds has.
*- adding a beat to snot destroyer once i get it(for big annys and distance rollers)

174 - 11x kcpro tb
175 - ce qjls
169 - beat ce qjls
169 - star roadrunner
173 - pro candy fb

178 - pearly z wasp
178 - barstamp buzzz
178 - barstamp buzzz - seasoned
173 - esp meteor (i dont use much anymore but hasnt left the bag)
175 - champ gator

2x - 174 proto warlocks
172 - dx rhyno - seasoned
176 - opto pure - semi fresh
175 - pearly champ rhyno (windy days and always does its job)

Old 06-30-2012, 07:39 PM
* Ace Member *

update: took out the dx rhyno..have been using the pure or warlock for upshots and works fine. rr isnt in the bag atm til ibfond a flippy ond to replace the one i lost. the beat ce qj works just fine though. pd has hopped back in and im happy its back. swapped a cpd2 for a ppd2..just gripps better when its hot out and im sweaty as hell. oh..and i took out the blizzz stuff. works great but it got me into trouble more so than not.

175 - ppd2 - overstable
171 - bottom stamp destroyer - semi fresh. lil more stable than the other ds
168 - seasoned pre avery star destroyer - my go to distance,super straight*
169 - seasoned pre avery star destroyer - lil more beat up than the above ds
171 - beat up augusta wraith - flippy..used for turnovers,rollers etc
175 - seasoned spd - control driver..when the ds is too much

175 - ce qjls
169 - beat ce qjls
173 - pro candy fb

178 - pearly z wasp
178 - barstamp buzzz
178 - barstamp buzzz - seasoned*
173 - esp meteor (i dont use much anymore but hasnt left the bag)
175 - champ gator

2x - 174 proto warlocks
176 - opto pure - semi fresh
175 - pearly champ rhyno (windy days and always does its job)