Disc Golf Store
Old 11-11-2013, 09:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Me and my buddy made up a 9 hole course. Check out the video!

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Probably going to make a second edit, cutting out the "damns" and then pitch it to the city. Its actually pretty fun, didn't think we'd fit a full 9 in but we managed it without crossing fairways or oong walks from a basket to next tee.

Mobile version coming soon.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2013, 09:29 AM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Always one of my favorite things to do with a practice basket. Great video. Get some inner chains on that Instep. Makes all the difference.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
^^ I don't see the need for a second edit, I love it the way it is.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
Always one of my favorite things to do with a practice basket. Great video. Get some inner chains on that Instep. Makes all the difference.
All the putts sticked though (in this vid).
Old 11-11-2013, 10:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 62
Its pretty good at catching if you putt flat. Hyzers sometimes spit through though.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 74
Looks like a nice and varied nine. Nice mix of distances in there.

Looks like the finger is feeling better, Mike!
Old 11-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: LHBH
Looks pretty sweet. I wish we had forests like that in Colorado.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 14
Hey Mike, That little 9 hole course you guys made looked like fun. Can you give us some details on approximate footages of the various holes as you had them laid out that day. Also tell us about any points of interest such as, hazards, OB's, Mandos, that might come into play on any of the holes you laid out.

Oh, one more question... Where is Dogwood Park. Your profile does not list where you are from but from the list of courses you've played in your DG profile I'm guessing you are somewhere near Charlotte, NC

I hope you get approval from the town to establish a new course at Dogwood. It's great to see the interest in the sport growing.

As an aside I happened across a group of city planners checking out my local DG course in Oakboro. They told me that they were contemplating establishing a DG course in their town park. Unfortunately I don't recall what town they said they were from. Naturally I told them how much fun it was and what a great, inexpensive, family activity it can be. I also told them that the sport really seems to be catching on of late with more and more municipal parks putting in new courses all the time.

They knew nothing about DG and were curious about my bag and the number of disc I had. I really only have a small bag with about 10 disc but I explained the function of the various types of disc (drivers, mid ranges, putter) I had. They were standing at the T-pad of hole #6 which has a particularly tight fairway threw a pine grove and asked if that was typical of DG courses. I explained to them that heavily wooded courses were quite common in the Carolinas but that the openness of a course was dictated by the available terrain and that in other areas courses were much more open and distances from T's to baskets could exceed several hundred feet if space was available.

I pointed them to the "DGcourse Review" site and before leaving them I impressed them with a beautiful drive right down the center of that tight fairway landing my Panther about 25' from the basket. Thank goodness I didn't clock one the first trees in front of the T-pad like I generally do.

Last edited by Old Dog; 11-11-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 149
Course looks like a good one in a nice park. Always fun to design, lay-out, try new courses. Good luck with getting the communtiy behind it, just be sure to talk about all the good things that come from installing a disc golf course.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 74
Congrats on the dualing manual putts. Nose mani > reg. mani