Old 02-10-2012, 01:26 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Don't know why, but I felt like updating this.

For the majority of January I have been throwing mostly putter only rounds or putter and midrange rounds. I increased my putter distance from 250 max to 275 max and I'm not sure how much further my mids are flying now, but they are definitely gettin out there (just didn't have them on me the day I went to measure at the field). I basically figured out to throw with height and that's working out. Problem is, I haven't been able to increase my OLF distance very much because I have a tendency to throw them only 4 or 5 feet off the ground. Either way, their flights are looking great.

Had some OAT issues sneak back in and made me hate my River. My River is flat, and it turns and burns with the slightest bit of OAT. I have turned the hate to love, though, and am playing rounds where I use the River as my only driver to help instill some serious muscle memory.

I tried putting my Eagle X back in the bag, and found that I really had no need for it. Got me thinking that I really don't need to fill that slot soley because my mids are just getting so long. Not only that, but I've been able to power down my OLFs quite well the past week.

I have also come to the conclusion that the Fuse is one of the more useful discs I own.... I started using it for just about everything except the hardest left fade shots just because it handles everything so well. I used to only use it for one shot, and just let the Axis do everything else... glad I've had my eyes opened.

My bag could very possibly look like this soon:

Ion
Summit
Trident
Vector
Fuse
River
OLF
(Insert Distance Driver Here.... Sword?)
Old 02-10-2012, 01:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiomuted View Post
My bag could very possibly look like this soon:

Ion
Summit
Trident
Vector
Fuse
River
OLF
(Insert Distance Driver Here.... Sword?)
Nice, what run of Vector are you using? You might be able to kill 2 birds with one stone using a OLS in place of the River/Distance Driver to be named later.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:38 AM
Birdie Member

I bought my Vector when I bought my first run Axis, so whichever run that is. It is a domey pink.

I bought two 1.1 QOLSs actually... 1 is 164, and 1 is 175. They behave strangely to say the least. Currently, they are both flying more stable than my OLFs, which is concerning.... I have seen the 175 turn ONCE on a flat throw, and I think I OATed the sucker.

Not sure what is going on... maybe the 1.1 run was wack...? Or worse, maybe it's me?
Old 02-10-2012, 01:42 AM
International Hair Champion

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 75
I've thrown 5 or 6 OLS', all of which were Quantum plastic and all of which were 1.1's.

It is by far my favorite control distance driver and when you first pick one up they are relatively stable, pretty straight, but after a few weeks they pick up a little bit of turn and become so versatile, sounds like you have an interesting disc if it's more stable than an OLF( which I haven't yet thrown for some reason ) what kind of dome does it have on it?
Old 02-10-2012, 01:43 AM
Birdie Member

They both are basically flat. Very mild dome.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:46 AM
International Hair Champion

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 75
Interesting, I haven't yet thrown an SOLS but I can't imagine them being more stable than the QOLS by any significant amount ( or even at all)

COLOR ME INTRIGUED.

Someone come in here and talk about PLH and cooling and all that **** and tell me what's up.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:52 AM
Birdie Member

Yeah man I dunno. Maybe I'll just drop the OLFs for a bit and throw the OLSs instead just to break em in.

I did some throwing in a field the other day, and like clockwork I was throwing my OLFs within about 5 or 10 feet of each other dead straight ahead of me about 340, and my OLSs were about 50 feet to the left of them and about 15 feet shallower and they were laying about 5 or 10 feet apart as well. Over and over and over again. These throws were with the slightest amount of hyzer.

Last edited by Radiomuted; 02-10-2012 at 01:55 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:57 PM
Birdie Member

Alright guys I've got a couple of questions.

I have only ever thrown a baseline JLS, so I have no idea how the other plastics work with the disc. I see a lot of love for the QJLS, but does it ever actually behave understable with that plastic? Anyone have any experience with SJLS?

Same questions, but this time for the Aurora. I know very little about this disc. Any information on the different plastics would be fantastic.

I understand the 1.6 and 1.7 runs of the EXP are the most stable, but what do the current runs fly like? How do they beat in?

Lot of questions I know, kicking a lot of discs out of my bag, and I'm looking for suitable replacements. Sorry if this has been an incoherent post, I have a hard time organizing my thoughts while typing on my phone.

Edit : I know some information in regards to the EXP has already been posted by bro d, but I guess I'm just looking for more, especially the beat in question.

Last edited by Radiomuted; 03-31-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Birdie Member

Here is an update. I am feeling really good about this right now.

Putters

170 1.13 Omega SS - This is my main putter. I can't say enough good things about it... I can't believe it has taken me this long to give it a shot. I am halfway between a spin and push putter, and I get more distance with ease vs putting with my Summits or Ions... I'll touch on that more later.

165 Medium Summit - This is currently my driving putter. I have learned this disc so well that I trust it more than any putter for driving.

175 Big Bead Aviar - I rarely use this, but there are times when I need that extra stability on a drive or a harsher fade on an approach.

Midrange

172 Quantum Sentinel - This thing is crazy overstable. It is used for really specific shots, or on really windy days. I ****ing love it.

172 QMS - This disc is everything I ever wanted my Axis to be... my Fuse for that matter, too. This is probably my most thrown disc for the time being.. it is so incredibly versatile. Just when I think it is about to fade, it just keeps going.. so crazy to experience. Hands down the best flying, best feeling (gummy champ) disc I have ever thrown.

Fairway

166 1.2 SJLS - This guy is used for hyzer flips to flat, and smooth turnovers. Feeling really good about it kicking the River out of the bag.

175 1.9 QJLS - This disc hasn't broken in very much yet, but it flies straight with a smooth fade... really goddamn reliable.

Between both of my JLS's, I have all of my fairway shots covered, minus headwind shots... which I am pretty convinced the QJLS could handle with some hyzer.

Drivers

166 1.1 MOLF - Currently beating this badboy in. Flies with more glide than my other OLF's, and will eventually be my goto straight shot disc on calm days.

170 1.2 SOLF - This is my baby. I can't believe how much I rely on this disc for so many different lines. It is pretty worn at this point, and can do most anything I need it to given that I release it correctly.

175 1.2 QOLF - This OLF has a higher PLH than my other two, which I intentionally sought out to have a headwind/more stable OLF. This is probably the beefiest OLF I have ever owned.

All in all... it is mostly Millennium... it has been a long time coming. I like to try out different brands, but the Millennium version of each one of those discs I was experimenting with just produces better results. Slowly but surely, Millennium has worked its way in to my bag, and it is here to stay.

So a little about putting.... I had never had more success with putting until I started using Summits. I love the hell out of that disc, but as soon as I tried the Omega out, I saw what everyone was talking about in regards to glide on Vibram discs. You know how when you do something over and over again you get a feel for how it looks, and you know what to expect? Well switching to the Omega has rocked my mind.... so many times it has been like... "Ah damn that putt is too low, it's gonna drop and hit the basket" and then BOOM the Omega just pushes forward and makes it in. You look at it and you are confused because you are so used to what you had been doing previously. So as of now, I can use a more controlled motion with less force on my putts... whereas I had to muscle the Summits a bit more to get em to the basket. Very, very pleased with the switch.

What can you guys tell me about the Omega AP, and the Qmega?

Old 04-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 49
I made the switch recently to the Omega SS for my main putting duties and I have been hitting significantly more putts. Like you I can't believe the feel of this disc and the way it just loves to drop into the basket.

I also carry an Omega AP and use it for my straight to gentle anny driving duties. I really love this as driving putter. I got so excited that I bought an Omega in Sirius plastic. Not so much in love with it, but the AP is by the best feeling driving putter I have ever played with.