Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 138
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to New013
Blue in
Red out

Drivers

Star Firebird 173- Thumbers, Tommys, FH, some flex shots, rarely throw it BH
ESP Supercolor Surge 175- it's a freak of overstable nature, more stable than my FB; Thumbers, Tommys, FH
SOLF 175- MaxD, still testing it out vs the PD.
CFR Champ TL 172- beat in to perfection, control driver
Pro Leopard 170- turnover driver

Mids

Star Mako 180- gummy, workhorse mid, shots that need to be worked, annys
FR Oj Axis 180- long mid drives, downhill shots, gap hitter, straight shooter

Putters

Pro Pig 175 - new/super beefy, short right to lefts, upshots, flex shots
Eclipse S Ion 171 - short drives, approaches/long putts
SSS Wizard 172 - driving/approaches, put it back in the bag recently to basically see how it stacks up vs the anodes i will soon have. i've been really needing something less stable than my ions and if the anodes aren't it the wizard will go back in.
S Ion 173 - main putter inside 40'
Old 02-16-2012, 05:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Playing a tourney this weekend on a course known for punishing tight lines and a needed ability play tons of trick shots. So with that in mind I'm going to carry an expanded bag to accomodate for that. I don't want to need a disc I don't have and with the minimal bag I usually carry that could happen. The course has been redesigned so I haven't seen it yet but if you spot any possibility of a gap in this bag point it out.

Drivers -
Champ Wraith - Easy Max D for the couple of bomber holes
Star Firechicken - FH's, Tommys, Rollers and Thumbers - workable thumber disc
Supercolor Surge - Thumbers, it's more OS than my FB and goes further but not as workable
SOLF - Controllable distance driver

Fairways -
Champ Banshee - FH's and rollers, wind fighting fairway driver
CAL TL - Stable Driver - straight with predictable fade, fights wind okay
CFR Champ TL - Control Driver - long fairways and long placement shots in the open
Pro Leopard - turnover driver - hyzer flips, turnover shots, short and tricky thumbers

Mids -
CMD2 - Long driving mid - wind fighting mid
Axis - Shorter driving mid, gap hitter, downhill shots, slight hyzers
Mako - Shot Shaper - short workable drives, annys, longer approaches, FH approach disc

Putters -
Pro Pig - new and overstable, meathook shorter drives, approaching, FH approaches
Pro Pig - beat in and more like an Ion with no glide that fades harder, drives that finish left, approaches, wind fighting putter
Eclipse S Ion - straighter drives, go for it putter from 100' and in
S Ion - Main Putter
Old 02-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 26
Have you tested the Jokeri vs the pig?

Over all I would say your bag looks great.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Seems like you have some overlap in the mid department. All three of your discs seems to be almost exactly alike.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
Seems like you have some overlap in the mid department. All three of your discs seems to be almost exactly alike.
they do but they don't. the axis and the mako are vastly different discs even though they have about the same stability. you can't work the Axis around corners like the Mako and the Mako doesn't do straighter gap hitting as well as the Axis. the Axis also works better for me on downhill shots while I prefer my mako or CMD2 going uphill.

the CMD2 and the Axis are similar but the CMD2 is better on long drives and annys that stall out where as the Axis works better for me on shorter lines. I don't really carry my CMD2 that much anymore because of the courses I play but when I play long courses I need it. it's more of a personal comfort thing than how the actual discs could perform.

This is probably one area where I do need to eventually make some decisions, it's just hard to let go of discs I love; and unless they ever release flat CMD2's again the Axis will probably win out.

Someth1ng: I haven't tried the Jokeri and some day I might, but I'm really attached to Pigs, I use them in situations most people would never use an OS putter. It was one of the first discs I had and I'm really locked in with them. Even though my beat in overlaps with the Ion a lot I still carry it because I still prefer driving certain holes with it.

Last edited by New013; 02-16-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
This is just a suggestion, but try a couple rounds without two of the three and you'll find that you might be able to make the shots you can with the other discs. You might just not know it because you have the other 2 and don't give the one a chance.

Having a truly OS and US mid is always a good idea.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:03 AM
* Ace Member *

So I've been doing a lot of disc testing lately, primarily in the stable driver market. At first I wanted something a bit more stable than my Wraith and I was flirting with a Starfire, Crush and Pulse. I liked the Starfire at first but wanted to have a go with some PDs and OLFs as well. I picked up a S-PD and SOLF. The SOLF is possibly my favorite new toy but it has to much turn to fit the slot I was looking for, it has taken over my Wraiths spot though.

The more I throw the S-PD the more I absolutely love it, just like everybody has pretty much been saying it's basically a super Tbird. I love putting a bit of anny on it and flexing it out but still getting a good controlled fade on the end. However I still wanted to try more discs in that area so I picked up an Z Avenger (the pearly one some of you have seen) and borrowed an Illusion from a friend. I'm not really digging either disc at all, the Avenger really got hyped up by some friends and then just didn't deliver. It doesn't have the glide of the S-PD and maybe I'm just spoiled from that.

My question is that should I try an Avenger in another plastic or should I just stop now and stay with the S-PD. The other discs I had in mind to try was a Boatman and Sword. So any input would be helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
This is just a suggestion, but try a couple rounds without two of the three and you'll find that you might be able to make the shots you can with the other discs. You might just not know it because you have the other 2 and don't give the one a chance.

Having a truly OS and US mid is always a good idea.
I have picked up a new money opaque and flat CMD2 and have been doing some testing lately. Still conflicted as ever though, each has it's own area of excellence. I still don't feel a need for a truly OS or US mid though. My Pig is my OS mid and I've yet to find a US mid that I liked more than just working a line with my Mako.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:12 PM
* Ace Member *

As usual, the bag is in flux. Ions out, Anode in. Was just thinking that keeping a thread like this going is kinda cool in that it chronicles the life of my bag.

Drivers -
SPD
SOLF
CAL CTL
CFR CTL
P Leopard

Mids-
CMD2
Axis
S Mako

Putters-
P Pig
S Anode

Utility-
Super Surge
S FB
Old 03-16-2012, 10:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 102
S-PD and Solf don't overlap much? That's a good looking mid line-up, I could throw your bag for sho'.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:35 PM
* Ace Member *

they do overlap a smidge but the OLF is beat in to the point where it has a good amount of high speed turn and a little bit of fade, whereas the spd still goes out straight and fades. the OLF holds a nice anny line to and the SPD just doesn't do that. they're both so badass i have to keep them both; so much power combined with so much control. i never thought i'd see the day where hitting 400' accurately with a speed 9/10 disc was possible.

..and yeah i'm set with my mids. got a new flat and opaque CMD2 for power drives and wind, got the axis for the gaps, and a FR Mako that is flat and super gummy for the finesse shots.