Old 04-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Thanks, Dad

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 80
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
it may come down to that, if i can't find another mako like my old one i'll never be satisfied. what plastic Fuse do you recommend?
Opto, all day!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 26
I throw the GL fuse and lighter in the 172 range, it hold the anhyzer to the ground and is great for shorter annies as well where other discs might fade out. The opto is good as well, but its more stable than the GL and the GL fits me better, along with the fact that GL plastic is dead sexy and doesn't have the clear hide in the bushes effect that a lot of the opto colors have.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someth1ng View Post
He is putting with an Anode, in what world is an anode OVERstable?

N - have you tried the Fuse? I really love mine and it compliments the MD2 beautifully.
Oh, I thought he was putting with a Challenger. Hard to keep up with what New is putting with. Because it's always the arrow and never the indian.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 136
Send a message via AIM to New013
I said I liked the Challenger but not for putting, never really done much putting with it. It's a good driving putter from my experience with it. The only putters I've ever really used for putting have been the Aviar, Pig, Wizard, Ion and Anode.

I've never thrown a Fuse, I've always been happy with my Mako so there wasn't really a need. It's something I'll definitely try out at some point. I'm going to give some of my FR Makos a shot at first and see how they fit in. I would probably prefer the GL because from my experience with other Lat64 discs I seem to like that plastic better.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 56
I only have one suggestion, and if anyone is paying attention to how often I give it, they're sick of it ...

Get a Flick for overhand throws. I just got a 150 class with an upside down dome that brought my thumbers from 300' to 350+'. For tomahawks, nothing flips as consistently as a flick. I use a domier one for tomahawks, but 150 class still. It's easier on your shoulder.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:17 PM
* Ace Member *

I might try that out, never really fooled around with any 150 class OS discs for thumbers and I keep meaning to.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Drivers -
Q Quasar - Max D
C Katana - Long turnover shots and Hyzer flips.
SPD - (sweet spot) Straight bombs, reliable fade, flex shots, straight FH shots
SOLF - (beat in) workable distance driver, 400'+ turnovers
CAL CTL - (newish) straight with fade accuracy shots up to 380'
CFR CTL / QJLS (been going back and forth on these to keep them in the sweet spot) - workable fairway drivers, have some HS turn.
P Leopard (beat in) - hyzer flips, turnovers

Mids-
CMD2 - (newish) driving mid, wind fighter, hyzers, slight flex shots
CMD2 - (beat in) easy to get straight lines with low snap, fights turning over more than the mako.
S Mako - (new) workable mid, use it mainly for R to L shots or touch drives where I want max glide.

Putters-
SSS Voodoo - new main putter inside of 40', grips the chains much better than MVP plastic and I've been putting much better inside the circle since switching.
P Pig - (newish) beefy, short flex shots, hyzers, some drives, wind fighter
P Pig - (really beat) it's developed turn on longer drives, i've actually been going to this for really straight shots in the 230-270 range. still has reliable fade at the end though.
S Anode - (newish) putts outside of 40'. most used approach disc. use it for short drives, especially short gap hitters or hyzers.

Utility-
Super Surge - this thing is insanely OS, Thumbers, Tommys, huge hyzers, FH's that dive bomb

I've switched putters...again. I've gone to the SSS Voodoo and so far it's been a great decision. I need less snap on this disc than the Anode so for putts inside the circle it's much easier to ease it on. Still using the Anode on longer putts because hey, it's amazing from distance.

Probably going to add another S-PD to the bag, starting to notice a drop in stability in my current one and it led to some flex shots that didn't come back.

Have put a Katana and Quasar down as officially in my bag. When I play courses that need a lot of D these are much easier to push out there than the PD. My discing down days are over.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 66
what's the longest you've used one putter for putting? 6 molds in <2 years is quite a lot of change.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:16 AM
* Ace Member *

yeah it is... i'm slowly going towards less stability in my putters.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 66
yea that's basically what i did as well. and baseline plastic is where it's at for putting putters. better grip, better glide, better affinity for chain grabbing. how floppy is your sss voodoo?