Old 09-25-2012, 03:50 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 41
I've been trying the MD2, MD1, and Comet out for my 3rd mid spot. I really was disappointed with the comet, the rim feels TERRIBLE. However, it is pretty glidey. I will give it that. I am just not sure if there is room in my bag for a comet and a fuse.

That being said. It really looks like my lineup is really settling in.

167 TP Sword

175 S PD beefy
167 S-PD fresh
171 S-PD flippy
169 GL Saintx2 beautiful S

175 CE FX beefy
172 CE FX beefy
169 GL River hyzerflip
175 Opto River stable with gentle fade
167 Star TL most accurate driver in the bag

I haven't gotten my drone yet but
175 FLX Drone
180 S-MD2, I really want to find a lighter one
173 C-MD2, flex city
177 SG-MD1, I don't really see a difference in this and the MD2, trying them out though
174 GL Fuse, understable duty

171 Medium Proton Anode, as soon as I get the cash I'm switching to aviars.

I really like my bag, I don't think I really want to change anything. I am just letting you guys see what I throw! If you have any questions let me know.

That being said my mids are a little fuzzy so we will see what makes it through.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 99
Throwing Style: RHBH
I really don't see Comets and Fuses coexisting. Since all your mids are similarly profiled like the Fuse, stick with the Fuse. Maybe try a heavy Opto Fuse in place of a MD2 or the MD1.

Have you thought about just rolling with the Saints and Rivers and dropping the PDs? That seems like it would be a very good 1-2 punch in itself.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:33 AM
Eagle Member

Well, I really hated the comet so I'm glad to see that suggestion haha. I love the fuse though. That being said, the only fuse I use is a trashed gl fuse, so I honestly think there is room for the MD2 and the fuse. I mainly use mids off the tee. As far as approaches go, I throw FH approaches with the fuse almost every time.

I REALLY like the MD2, it feels almost the same as the fuse but it feels smaller, that may just be my imagination. I drove the MD2 on one of the longest holes at my local course (330, lame I know) and it set me up for a super easy birdie. So the MD2 has been doing a great job as a driving mid and that is really what I was looking for.

As far as dropping the PD's, I love Saints and Rivers but neither of them have enough HSS or LSS tbh for me to use them for shaping lines. When my saints and rivers get more beat in, I may drop the P-Pd's and just stick with S-PD's and use them like a teebird.

If I was going for super minimalized I would definitely drop the PD's, but I'm not a huge minimalist. I would probably also kick either swords or saints out of the bag. I know the Sword is quite a bit longer but they feel the same and make the same shots but the Sword isn't THAT much faster.

Here is how I think of it, its kind of like teebird leo combo for fairway and distance except its TL RIVER and PD SAINT.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Eagle Member

So close to being finalized

Drivers
167 Star Boss (beat, just for funzies)
167 Star Destroyer (used for long flex shots)
167 TP Sword, lazer straight distance
169 GL Saint, turnovers, tunnel shots
167 S-Freak Teebird like, consistant fade, no turn
175 S-Freak OS distance

Fairway
166 GL River- understable driver
176 Opto River- more stable than 166, but still understable
167 Star TL - laser straight, holds any line.
172 CE FX - OS duties

Midranges
180 S-MD2 - control mid, great off the tee
167 P-MD2 not here yet
170 S-MD2 not here yet
175 GL Fuse- understable
178 FLX Drone not here yet

Putter
171 M proton anode

It's really cleaning up. To be honest, I could roll without the boss, destroyer, saint, backup freak, backup river, or backup md2's.
That would have me down to Sword, Freak, River, TL, FX, MD2, Fuse, Drone, Anode. Either way, I really like my bag and am having huge success with the holds I am throwing!
Old 10-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 65
How are you liking the GL River? I've been considering auditioning one for my understable fairway slot, since I've heard great things generally, but it seems as though people have varying degrees of success in beating the River into a turnover driver. I'd be curious to hear your experience with it.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:44 PM
Eagle Member

It honestly depends on the weight. I have thrown a 178, 171, and 166. All in GL. The weight has so much effect on how it flies. If you get a light one, it will turnover right away. The heavier ones take some time. But it definitely works as an understable. It was very similar to my S-FD, I don't know if you have thrown one of those.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 65
Cool, thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I'd read that weight was a big factor, so I've had my eyes peeled for a lighter GL. Most of the usual places I buy from online (Marshall Street, Disc Golf Center) don't have lighter than 169, but I'll keep looking and searching for a 166ish.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:26 PM
Eagle Member

So close to being finalized

Drivers - (350-415(with a dumb blizzard destroyer))
167 TP Sword, lazer straight distance
169 GL Saint, turnovers, tunnel shots
167 S-TD2 - LOVING this. If I continue to throw this well it will almost definitely kick out my saints
165 Opto Saint
167 S-Freak Teebird like, consistant fade, no turn
175 S-Freak OS distance
170 Neutron Volt - trying it out, not a huge fan. It works but its not work changing my bag around.

Fairway (310-350)
166 GL River- understable driver
176 Opto River- more stable than 166, but still understable
167 Star TL - laser straight, holds any line.
172 CE FX - OS duties

Midranges (75 - 300)
180 S-MD2 - control mid, great off the tee
167 P-MD2 hit my first career ace with this bad boy!
175 S-MD2 - trying to beat this in and get it seasoned.
175 GL Fuse- understable, used for so many different shots.
178 FLX Drone not here yet

Putter
171 M proton anode

I haven't really used the Sword as much as I should have. My local course doesn't have much over 330 so I usually don't see a point.

I'm going to try out some long BH shots with the sword and see what happens.

That being said, I might drop the saints. I really like them but I am not sure they are enough longer than the river to justify getting their own spot in my bag. Also, I have considered dropping the CE FX as well. I don't know if mine is just super beefy but a 175 fresh S-PD is pretty dang OS so it covers a lot of the shots the FX would. And its about 10 times cheaper to replace.

The stripped down bag looks like this

TP Sword 167 (if the course has multiple holes over 350)
S-PD 167, 175
GL River 166
Star TL 167
S-MD2 180
GL Fuse 175
FLX Drone 178

171 M Proton Anode.

I'm really starting to see which molds I click with and which ones I don't.

POTENTIALS

170 Firm Trak (wasn't a huge fan. I'm almost definitely going to drop this. was not impressed)
170 Neutron Volt
167 S-DD, 167 Star Wraith, I have considered dropping swords for either DD's or Wraiths
168 S-EX, I really want to give eagles another try

Old 11-30-2012, 07:59 PM
Eagle Member

Distance

167 Star Boss - Beat, only used for utility shots, primarily huge FH Anhyzers, 375ft flex shots.

167 TP Sword - Max D, been hitting great BH shots with this. Pushing 400.
175 Glopto Sword - OS distance driver

175 S-PD, freak stamped - Go to control driver, still has plenty of beef after almost a year in the bag
167 S-PD, freak stamped - Freshie, starting to get seasoned
171 P-PD, freak stamped - Seasoning for turnovers/tailwind shots

168 S-TD2 - Been trying this out, its amazing for 300-375ft shots with less than 5' flex room left to right. Holds so tight, and I can power down the throw, hyzerflip, and hit my shots

164 Opto Saint - Great distance driver, can be hyzer flipped or thrown flat, still finishes left.
170 GL Saint - Trying to season, I prefer GL to opto

179 GL River - Has some beef in it, great for 300-325 FH, or low ceiling shots
168 GL River - Great turnover driver, can fly in a tailwind

167 Star TL x2 - One is 2 years old, trying to beat in a new one. Most used driver, most shots under 350

175 CE FX - OS, highly considering replacing with xXx

180 S-MD2 - Workhorse mid, very pleased.

175 GL Fuse - US mid, used a lot off the tee

178 FLX Drone - Best addition of the year. Unbelievable for anything under 275 that needs fade.

175 Soft Warlock - Runner up for best addition. I hate anodes in comparison to how much I love this. I have been cranking putts lately.

All in all I'm very pleased. Only things I've considered are dropping FX's for xXx's. Getting more warlocks. If I like the amp, the rivers may finally get the boot. We'll see, MVP has a habit of disappointing me.

I am very open to advice if you see a ton of overlap! The only place I worry is P-PD, TD2, Saint. I could see them overlapping, but the P-PD will have way more turn, and the TD2 is US so it doesn't have any fade.

Definitely open to your thoughts though!