Old 06-19-2011, 09:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 544
Throwing Style: RHBH
Legacy Disc's Speed 14 Rampage

So Legacy Disc should release there speed 14 driver in July. Let me say it is an awesome disc. I threw the proto type and what I liked about it was that it didn't have a shallow space between the rim and the top flight plate. It actually had much more room then the nuke or the boss or ape. It also had a slightly thinner flight plate which made it easier to knuckle down on and launch further. They should be releasing this disc in three plastic, which would be simular to a KC plastic, a champion or Z, and a star type plastic. I will post some pictures of the disc and logo soon. If anyone has questions please ask. I will be selling these discs as soon as there made available and pdga approved. I will also get some video of this disc. I know a few top pros threw it recently and had good things to say. Watching Garrett Gurthie mash it was impressive.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 28
Yay another Warp Speed Disc
Old 06-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 15
..lion what kind of "d" were you getting and how overstable is the Legacy. Comparisons, technical and flight path?
Old 06-19-2011, 10:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 544
Currently it is stable, but I believe it will become less stable when they mess with the softness of the plastic. The proto types came out super stiff, kinda like a plate, maybe 5% bend in the disc. You could literally clink them together. It was funny. I was throwing anhyzers around 430, but when they become softer I should be able to get these into the 500 foot range without trying to throw the anhyzer shot. Alot of people told me they didnt like the shallow rim and this thing isnt shallow. Also I think it will fly simular to a destroyer, but with more distance and alot faster. The mold is perfect, just some tweeking with the plastics over the next week and it will be off for approval. This company will next release a putter very simular to a magnet in my opinion. I threw a proto that was 175g and 181g. Of course the 181g wasnt legal but it was in a opto type plastic and the 175g felt like a special blend type plastic that was red. I believe good things will come from these and I would be surprised to see alot of us on here trying these bad boys out. Its a scary design and disc because it has alot of distance potential.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 17
Who are they?
Old 06-20-2011, 09:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 66
I'm curious what makes this disc a "speed 14". I was under the impression that 2.5cm was maximum rim width, and we already have discs in all kinds of stability ratings, weights, plastic blends, and other specs at that rim width.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 102
Well, the Westside King is speed 14 and its rim thickness is 2.3cm. And a Wraith (2.1cm) and Archon (2.3cm) are both speed 11. So there apparenlty is more to speed ratings than rim width even though most discs do follow the pattern of greater rim width = greater speed.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by atay87 View Post
Well, the Westside King is speed 14 and its rim thickness is 2.3cm. And a Wraith (2.1cm) and Archon (2.3cm) are both speed 11. So there apparenlty is more to speed ratings than rim width even though most discs do follow the pattern of greater rim width = greater speed.
Westside's speed rating is arbitrary. They termed it a 14 just as a marketing ploy. I think lion knows that, and I'm just curious if he is adopting the same philosophy or if there is something about the disc that is legitimately unique.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:29 PM
* Ace Member *

^ this

It amazes the s#it outta me how many people think that hot stamp foil means more than rim width.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:32 PM
* Ace Member *

I heard some "expert" in our local store saying this about the King:
"yeah it's a legit speed 14, with a huge fade of 4"

I almost nose yakked my gatorade