Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 10-08-2014, 09:37 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
I think I may have just found the putter for me.

A guy brought in a pretty weird looking putter today. It was colored like a peppermint, and just said prodiscus on the back. I was intrigued so I picked it up. And OMG, I am in love. I love this putter. To date I have tried several putters trying to find what feels right, including.

Judge,
Warden
Ion
Dart
Magnet
Soft Magnet
Touch
Summit

While some of these I really like, none of them clicked like this prodiscus putter. Doing some research I determined it must be the Jokeri. Is there a chance it could be something else? An older mold? I want to get a few more.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:43 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
I'm about 99% sure that Prodiscus only has 1 putter out so it would have to be the Jokeri. I have heard good things about it, make sure you figure out about what weight it is so you can have identical putters to practice with.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Birdie Member

The old "finally found the perfect putter" syndrome. Who hasn't been there? Success may be fleeting...
Old 10-08-2014, 09:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
jokeri is a good disc. just couldn't putt with it; too low profile and no bead. if it's got no bead i at least need it to be deep.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHFH
I honestly like the Jokari, but the Touch really does it for me.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:17 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinAir View Post
The old "finally found the perfect putter" syndrome. Who hasn't been there? Success may be fleeting...
I hope not. I have been excited about several putters, that ultimately let me down, but this one clicked on a whole new level.
I know 99% of it is the user, not the club. But it just felt good. I read reviews on it, and most people don't like it as a ITC putter, just as a driving putter. I ordered one for now. Well see.
I birdied a 436 par 3 today after knocking down a 40' putt, first time I have birdied that hole. A lot of the credit goes to my FD for getting me within 40' but knocking it down kinda sold it.
I've also recently picked up a basket and have been practicing a lot. But even practicing with this new putter I was sinking EVERYTHING.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:32 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrilah Fish View Post
I hope not. I have been excited about several putters, that ultimately let me down, but this one clicked on a whole new level.
I know 99% of it is the user, not the club. But it just felt good. I read reviews on it, and most people don't like it as a ITC putter, just as a driving putter. I ordered one for now. Well see.
I birdied a 436 par 3 today after knocking down a 40' putt, first time I have birdied that hole. A lot of the credit goes to my FD for getting me within 40' but knocking it down kinda sold it.
I've also recently picked up a basket and have been practicing a lot. But even practicing with this new putter I was sinking EVERYTHING.
When not clicking with a putter, it's easy to reach for another one that may feel better, give a little more confidence initially, and actually improve putting short term. The key word being "short term." Most putters act the same inside the circle, so it may come down to feel...plastic, rim depth, bead or not.

Practicing with a basket, it's best to use a few of one mold(at a time anyway) and get comfort level and repetition going.

Anyway, wish you luck.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:18 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 99
Soon to be two.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:50 PM
Birdie Member

^^What is this? Where is this?

Old 10-08-2014, 11:57 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
dag, is that the jokeri?
nice flight