Old 03-19-2012, 08:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Too late to edit again.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ibsd0dD1y0&t=3m30s 3 holes back to back thrown FH off the tee.

Full screen these and it's a lot easier to follow the disc, especially the dark purples.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 23
Send a message via AIM to Animage
Mike, was that flutter off your last drive there?!?!

My hero, how could you fail me like this?

Jokes aside. Loving my 175 soft anode. Need to get another one and possibly a medium in brighter colors to start working with it in drives. Maybe its my eyes, but this "blue - aka navy" is almost black to me and hard to find once I'm in the woods for anything but putts. Love putting with it so far though, so the hatred of the color is a moot point
Old 03-19-2012, 09:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 136
Send a message via AIM to New013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasampso View Post
Obviously, not many of us could explain things in true mathematical terms. It is a little silly to ask.

There are many things that are going to contribute to the stability of a disc. Design profile, environmental factors (wind), weight, weight distribution, etc.
translation = i can't add things, and i have no idea what contributes to stability of a disc.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 48
One thing that I am really starting to hate about the Anode is how it handles pure head and pure tailwinds. It isn't a stability issue, it is a range issue. The Anode for some reason seems to have more drag than any other disc I have thrown. When I throw it into a head, I have to assume a loss of up to 50'. I have been pushed out an extra 75' without warning by a tail.

I guess it isn't really a complaint, cuz in the end it is up to me to make the corrections. It is just not a correction I am accustomed to making and I am doing a poor job of it.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:20 PM

Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
translation = i can't add things, and i have no idea what contributes to stability of a disc.
You win
Old 03-19-2012, 10:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNcyclone View Post
One thing that I am really starting to hate about the Anode is how it handles pure head and pure tailwinds. It isn't a stability issue, it is a range issue. The Anode for some reason seems to have more drag than any other disc I have thrown. When I throw it into a head, I have to assume a loss of up to 50'. I have been pushed out an extra 75' without warning by a tail.

I guess it isn't really a complaint, cuz in the end it is up to me to make the corrections. It is just not a correction I am accustomed to making and I am doing a poor job of it.
I do not know, I was getting some really nice and controlled 260 foot shots on Sunday despite a very strong headwind. It took some good hyzer to throw straight, but I was getting it out there.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
I do not know, I was getting some really nice and controlled 260 foot shots on Sunday despite a very strong headwind. It took some good hyzer to throw straight, but I was getting it out there.
My bread and butter Anode shot is #13 at Acorn. Throw it high, flat, about 75%, parked. Headwind and I am 40 short. Today in a tailwind I was in #14's fairway down the path from the green. I'm not saying that you can't throw an Anode into or with wind, I just can't gauge what the wind will put my D at.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:06 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
I'm assuming your extensive playing experience makes you a subject matter expert then?
Old 03-19-2012, 11:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNcyclone View Post
My bread and butter Anode shot is #13 at Acorn. Throw it high, flat, about 75%, parked. Headwind and I am 40 short. Today in a tailwind I was in #14's fairway down the path from the green. I'm not saying that you can't throw an Anode into or with wind, I just can't gauge what the wind will put my D at.
Fair enough. I was parking Hole 6 at Wabun which I believe is 260 feet. Normally I go at it with a mid, but we were playing putters only.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:10 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
The ripples are just visual are they not? It sounds like your discs were warped a bit during shipping (did they come in an envelope?). If set flat or put in your bag the discs will return to shape on their own (mine always have).
Can't quite see the deformity at the anode stamp but the ripples are visible. The discs were in an envelope but they were delivered to my front door (not jammed in my mailbox).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000612.jpg (26.5 KB, 62 views)