Old 04-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
I putted with Mediums forever. Now I'm using softs because I need that grip.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
I snagged a firm anode over the weekend... It may be the most stable disc I have ever used. I think it has kicked the challenger out. I love my challengers. But that anode is such a nice putter. I hit some killer putts with it.

For drive and approach I often thought to myself "Wow, that was closer than I thought."
Old 04-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

After playing today. The anode was way too stable lol. Almost zero fade. I had to use my 177g ESP Buzzz as a placement and approach disc instead of my M Anode.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:40 PM

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 17
Just got a couple anodes myself and looking forward to hitting the links with it. Will post back with my reviews.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 1
I'm trying so hard to like putting with my Anodes but we just aren't gel'n. For some drives and most upshots I dig the Anode. I love to throw the Anode but I don't like putting with it. I prefer putting with Ions.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBomb View Post
I'm trying so hard to like putting with my Anodes but we just aren't gel'n. For some drives and most upshots I dig the Anode. I love to throw the Anode but I don't like putting with it. I prefer putting with Ions.
I completely agree, I tried putting with them and they just didn't work out. I was rooting for them too. I tried for about a month to putt with them, but in the end I went back to my Rhynos. I just love a putter that dives into the basket instead of floats. They aren't leaving the bag though. The best driving putter and upshot/approach disc in the game in my opinion.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 1
I think ill be switching back to my aviars as well. I like the anode, as a putter its beautiful, right up to the point where it hits the basket. I've never heard so many "how did that not stay in?" Or "there's no way, that hit dead center" or varius other how the eff did that fall out statements from my fellow golfers.

Before switching to mvp I honestly thought chain outs were some made up forum thing, I mean I've had contact with the chains and still missed but it was always because it just caught the outer edge. Now I chain out from anywhere on the basket. And I'm not saying this is an all the time thing, its once, maybe twice a round but that's enough to kill your mood and your momentum.

I still don't see the anode ever being replaced as an approach disc in my bag but as a pure putter its most likely getting retired.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Why aren't others loving the Anode as much as me? Approach and Putter for me. I have 4 of the disc (3 Med, 1 Soft)/
Old 04-19-2012, 05:21 PM
* Ace Member *

I have to agree with a couple of the others, the anode always gets me close to the basket when I need to approach, but my soft 2nd run black ion, has the perfect feel and grip, I sink the chains any time I am 40ft and in.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 14
I also am in love with the Anode for approaches and drives off the tee. I originally bought one to compliment my soft Ion that I throw, but it has slowly taken over that role in my bag. I now only throw my soft Ion 1-3 times a round with all the shots going to my soft Anode. The Anode ended up being more stable than I thought it was going to be.

On the other hand, I couldn't get down putting with it. I tried for a few weeks like others in this thread, but eventually went back to my 2nd run medium Ion's for putting duties. The Anode seemed too nose angle sensitive for me when putting. Any little nose-up and they would climb like crazy. The Ion is just more forgiving when running at the chains. But boy do I LOVE throwing my Anodes!