Old 04-23-2012, 10:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter View Post
Also, on roll aways. Medium Anodes skip, slide, and roll a lot. It is amazing how easily they catch an edge after landing and roll further from the target.
Having a disc catch an edge is luck/user error. I have had less roll always with my Anodes than any other disc. When I was out playing a round last night with my room mate it didn't matter what he threw, it would pop up and start rolling. Good try though.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
Having a disc catch an edge is luck/user error. I have had less roll always with my Anodes than any other disc. When I was out playing a round last night with my room mate it didn't matter what he threw, it would pop up and start rolling. Good try though.
Completely agree. They do tend to slide when they land, but I think of that as an advantage. I don't think I've ever caught an edge with either the mediums or softs. They land flat every time and slide up to the basket.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 88
The stupid, easy answer is to just find a putter that goes in and stays in the chains. With that said, I have had better luck keeping Softs from rolling away on bad putts but Mediums seem to be better at sticking to the ground when I miss an approach. It is all a matter of how it hits the ground, duh, but with the slightest bit of extra stability in the Softs, they knife better at the basket and chains, for me causing less freakish rejections on bad putts that cause roll aways. However, when approaching, since the Mediums stay flat, they land cleaner on the ground, skidding instead of getting up and rolling.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
The Anode for me is everything I wanted the Warlock to be and more. I am now using it alone in place of my Challenger(putter) and comet/roc combo. I never thought anything would have me honestly consider getting rid of rocs and comets. I really thought I had finally landed on a putter in the Challenger. And the anode has gone and made everything all bunk.

As for the skips and basket rejections. Anodes fade into a landing, kind of like a plane landing. Where a lot of other putters dive into their landing. Don't know if that makes sense at all.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
My home course has a lot of precarious landing zones and smooth dirt greens, so yeah, the anode does slide and roll more than baseline putters. Good try though
Old 04-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 21
Haven't been here in a few weeks, I think the Ion won though I love the Anode inside the circle, but I manage to **** up throwing upshots and drives with it - no it's not my form..thanks though. I like hyzerflipping Ion's more than releasing an Anode flat, and the more I owned them both the more I realized I was lying to myself when I said that the Ion does anhyzers better. Inside the circle I definitely like them more, with the lack of fade and bit more speed than its brethren, but I'm not sure if that justifies carrying both. I also adjusted where my pinky is in my putting grip, so the Ion went back to being the more comfortable one...AH
Old 04-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Par Member

Also, to clarify, when I say catch an edge and roll, I'm not talking about getting fulling up and down, but doing a semi circle roll on the "bead" which often times results in a longer putt than I would have otherwise had.

Last edited by Carter; 04-23-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter View Post
Also, to clarify, when I say catch an edge and roll, I'm not talking about getting fulling up and down, but doing a semi circle roll on the "bead" which often times results in a longer putt than I would have otherwise had.
It's the premium plastic, not just the Anode - ever throw a Champ BB Aviar?
Old 04-23-2012, 11:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 41
I despise the death roll.....I've had them happen with Ions, Anodes, Aviars, Voodoos, etc....I just think the GOLF GODS want me to practice my putting....Grip knows what I'm talking about..he's seen my death rolls and heard the loud expletives come flying out of my mouth on the course when this happen to me....usually on hole number 7 at TSP....(fu#kin' love and hate that hole).

Old 04-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemyS2K View Post
It's the premium plastic, not just the Anode - ever throw a Champ BB Aviar?
Yeah, champ plastic does roll more often than baseline. I was not implying that mvp putters rolled more than any other disc ever, I was stating that in my experience, the anode has that problem more than the putters that I have used in the past. I am not trying to stir things up with anyone here, I was just stating that they have a negative quality that I don't like.

Last edited by Carter; 04-23-2012 at 02:01 PM.