Old 04-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter View Post
Yeah, champ plastic does roll more often than baseline. I was not implying that mvp putters rolled more than any other disc ever, I was stating that in my experience, the anode has that problem more than the putters that I have used in the past. I am not trying to stir things up with anyone here, I was just stating that they have a negative quality that I don't like.
Don't worry about me, that was friendly...I'll be a shmuck if I was offended
Old 04-23-2012, 02:31 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemyS2K View Post
Don't worry about me, that was friendly...I'll be a shmuck if I was offended
Ok
Old 04-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter View Post
Yeah, champ plastic does roll more often than baseline. I was not implying that mvp putters rolled more than any other disc ever, I was stating that in my experience, the anode has that problem more than the putters that I have used in the past. I am not trying to stir things up with anyone here, I was just stating that they have a negative quality that I don't like.
Premium plastic is the best argument there...and the profile of the Anode/Ion isn't the best for anti-roll. That said, if you can't adjust for it with your style/power, or if your ground surface and slope (or wind) just facilitate rolls, then the disc just doesn't work for you and you need to find something else.

I think most people have figured out that MVP isn't some wild new awesome thing that trump all other discs out there - they're nice discs but they're just ordinary discs for the most part with a notch of extra quality and a nice appearance. It's just kinda silly how people will hype them up so much - and how some will almost deny any flaws or drawbacks in them through fanboy love. But y'know, most people still look for the arrow to do all the work and don't really put in the time to practice and get to know their equipment fully. Archer is so much more important - every time.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHBH
Stop trying to make sense on here. If you're a fanboy, you instantly become an expert.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.w View Post
Stop trying to make sense on here. If you're a fanboy, you instantly become an expert.
Ha. That and the exuberance of knowledge that comes from people just beginning their real learning curve in the sport.

Gotta try, though. I'm an optimist and I believe in a disc golf utopia.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahyzer View Post
Premium plastic is the best argument there...and the profile of the Anode/Ion isn't the best for anti-roll. That said, if you can't adjust for it with your style/power, or if your ground surface and slope (or wind) just facilitate rolls, then the disc just doesn't work for you and you need to find something else.

I think most people have figured out that MVP isn't some wild new awesome thing that trump all other discs out there - they're nice discs but they're just ordinary discs for the most part with a notch of extra quality and a nice appearance. It's just kinda silly how people will hype them up so much - and how some will almost deny any flaws or drawbacks in them through fanboy love. But y'know, most people still look for the arrow to do all the work and don't really put in the time to practice and get to know their equipment fully. Archer is so much more important - every time.
I love MVP.. Some call me a fanboy with my love for the Vector and Anode.. I'm alright with the Ion.. I don't like the Axis at all though. MVP makes good discs, they also make bad discs. Just like everybody else. Like anything else I figured out how to use my Anode and make it not roll. It pisses you off when it does but it is just a beautiful disc.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:42 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
I love MVP.. Some call me a fanboy with my love for the Vector and Anode.. I'm alright with the Ion.. I don't like the Axis at all though. MVP makes good discs, they also make bad discs. Just like everybody else. Like anything else I figured out how to use my Anode and make it not roll. It pisses you off when it does but it is just a beautiful disc.
How dare you call the Axis a bad disc! Lol.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
S'alright...you're allowed to love them! More power to ya.

I don't think they make a bad disc...not at all.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pwnerator View Post
How dare you call the Axis a bad disc! Lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahyzer View Post
S'alright...you're allowed to love them! More power to ya.

I don't think they make a bad disc...not at all.
lol. I'm not into the Axis. Maybe just maybe if they would make a grippy plastic then we would be having a different story. Until then, it's a bad disc I think. The Ion just doesn't feel good for putting and it's a putter lol. I can do everything the Ion can do with an Anode.. Actually everything plus. MVP is a great company though. I sport a MVP/Innova/Discraft/Latitude 64 bag.. & a vibram mini.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Ignorant kids... NO disc is a bad disc, they just aren't right for you. I find it fascinating that people can't wrap their head around this.