Old 05-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
I feel the Ion is more touchy/easier to OAT than the Anode. What were you driving with before, soft or medium Anode? Softs will have a bit more fade to them.
Was soft Ion, now soft Anode.

Not looking to change driving putter, and I love them for approaches.

Annoyed at random bounces, spits and rolls I get on a missed putt (generally basket/chastity belt hits). Also putting with soft Anode.

Don't have a ton of putter experience, started with a Star Dart from a friend, then Wizard, Ion, now Anode. I didn't like the depth of the Dart and Wizard, like the shallowness of the MVP stuff. I only putted with the Wizard for about a month.

Not having a ton of experience with other putters, I don't know if the spit outs/rolls I get are from the putter itself, or just the way the cookie crumbles.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Spit outs/rolls will happen with any putter realistically. Vibram makes some pretty nice putters too, I have a VP for stable drives that I don't want to skip.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 18
I really think the Ions and Anodes stick in the baskets pretty well.

I tend to like driving with the Ion's more than the Anodes, for the moment anyways.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
I love my Anode. Easily my favorite disc. I was just playing by myself the other day and a group let me play through. I parked a 220' hole with it. The group was comprised of typical beginners (all thowing Super Overstable Warp Speed Drivers about 200' with HUGE fade). I felt awesome when one of the guys goes "Was that really a putter?".

Today I almost had my first and only Ace with it. Hit the left side of the chains and fell out! I was still so excited though.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:05 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 50
Send a message via AIM to _.-Dut-._
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
Was soft Ion, now soft Anode.

Not looking to change driving putter, and I love them for approaches.

Annoyed at random bounces, spits and rolls I get on a missed putt (generally basket/chastity belt hits). Also putting with soft Anode.

Don't have a ton of putter experience, started with a Star Dart from a friend, then Wizard, Ion, now Anode. I didn't like the depth of the Dart and Wizard, like the shallowness of the MVP stuff. I only putted with the Wizard for about a month.

Not having a ton of experience with other putters, I don't know if the spit outs/rolls I get are from the putter itself, or just the way the cookie crumbles.
Seems to be a knock on this putter. I can't swear these roll worse then other putter molds but a lot of people seem to claim they do.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:48 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by _.-Dut-._ View Post
Seems to be a knock on this putter. I can't swear these roll worse then other putter molds but a lot of people seem to claim they do.
That's why I asked to see what others thought. In a tournament if I get a blow through, spit out or a ****ty roll, cardmates are quick to blame the disc.

Could be "gamesmanship", so I try my best not to let it rattle me, but I have had some crazy spits.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.2
I don't get crazy spit outs. I think they stick pretty well when you hit the basket in a makeable fashion. What happens to me is when I get glancing blows that tend to direct the disc down. It OFTEN hits and rolls. Sometimes even on longer putts/approaches, it will hit, catch an edge and roll.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
That's why I asked to see what others thought. In a tournament if I get a blow through, spit out or a ****ty roll, cardmates are quick to blame the disc.

Could be "gamesmanship", so I try my best not to let it rattle me, but I have had some crazy spits.
Baskets are also a reason for spitouts/cut throughs. The course I play on thursdays for league has horrible baskets. Hit just barely right of the center pole, disc completely horizontal, and it cut all the way through. Almost everyone has spitouts hitting on pro side too. Didn't matter what kind of disc. (even vibrams were cutting through!)
Old 05-19-2012, 12:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
I've hard far more spits, rolls, kicks, and bounces with Vibrams than I have with any other disc. Baseline plastic is the best, light soft anodes are really darn nice though. The heavy medium Anodes did weird things to me when putting.

But vibrams did that even in nice baskets. Although if the Ridge had some dome and they got rid of that logo I would still be using it because worked for me an awful lot like the Anode does. But it had more fade at the end. The Anode does everything else better though.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 57
Throwing Style: RHFH
I have grown to like my Anode for approach shots and shorter drives but I don't putt with it. I haven't really had any spitout problems, it just hasn't worked its way into primary putter position.